Yorkshire Post comment on praise and grumble

9 minutes ago, blakey1959 said:

that oddball phil from P& G should be made to publicly apologise to the club on next saturdays P&G , alternatively fizzed with a ragmans trumpet wide end first

Never gonna happen..... he still has a core support amongst some on here although they do seem a little sheepish this morning !

6 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Forum police alert !!!

should I pm you any future contributions for vetting before I post or are you going to let me off with a reprimand this time ?

Yours in conspiracy,

Casbah

Wouldn’t be a bad idea. You need to improve. 

The conspiracy theory around contracts was almost as far fetched as a top class England Youth international and the son of a club legend being banned from first team football over a contract issue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 20:24, I'm an Essex Owl said:

Would be genuinely stunned if a players contract gave him a £1.75M bonus  for reaching a certain number of appearances for a club. I am not ITK but have experience of  football contracts and this would be a very very unusual term

Maybe the same sort of silly deals offered to the three clowns Wilson signed from Scotland, each turned out to be more expensive than signing Zidane on a pay as you play deal

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This thread is now gonna descend into people going 'knew it wasn't true' vs 'It might be out later today - nobody said it would be 9am' etc

How tedious

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Some people reyt pissed off it’s not true (again).

KNEW IT WASNT TRUE

7 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Knew it was a load of testicles.

See

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Keep em coming

Nothing more interesting than fans just point scoring against fans innit

How about some from the other side saying 'it might be out at lunchtime' or 'it'll be out at teatime' to add some balance?

:goalie:

Knew you would make  a fan vs fan comment.

lol

Just now, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Knew you would make  a fan vs fan comment.

lol

I'm reyt though innit

More people would rather have a pop at other fans than ever discuss football

Some people only log onto Owlstalk just to have a dig at fans and you never see them discussing football or in any of the more positive threads

Owlstalk Shop

I am utterly convinced that the story was true.

Its only failed to appear this morning because the journalist that broke the story is waiting for his long service award before passing his written article to the editor.

It might be tomorrow now, or next week. Depends on if the YP can afford the bonus.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm reyt though innit

More people would rather have a pop at other fans than ever discuss football

Some people only log onto Owlstalk just to have a dig at fans and you never see them discussing football or in any of the more positive threads

You are correct to say that fans will have a pop at other fans, but what do you expect when fans post spurious unsubstantiated rubbish.

You can't respond to such posts with reasoned logic. How do you prove these contract rumours are not true when the posters don't accept statements from the club, the manager or even the odd Twitter comment from players (I saw one f PM Bannan, there's probably more)?

If these so called fans keep posting rubbish about my club, I'm happy to see other fans have a pop at them.

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

You are correct to say that fans will have a pop at other fans, but what do you expect when fans post spurious unsubstantiated rubbish.

You can't respond to such posts with reasoned logic. How do you prove these contract rumours are not true when the posters don't accept statements from the club, the manager or even the odd Twitter comment from players (I saw one f PM Bannan, there's probably more)?

If these so called fans keep posting rubbish about my club, I'm happy to see other fans have a pop at them.

I hear you

I just find it strange that the ONLY posts you see from them are having a go at other fans

Never about football
Never see them in positive threads

Why's that then?

Owlstalk Shop