Yorkshire Post comment on praise and grumble

So what do these rumours boil down to now? I know people have confidently stated that the injuries are fake for three players (whilst refusing to back that up with any names obviously) but if Lees is back, Hutch, Van Aken and Westwood are on their way, likewise Bannan and FF who have either denied it or have clearly been injured, Lee seems to be beyond doubt so what, that leaves us with Fletcher and Hooper? Although Fletcher has been in and around the club having pictures taken and telling people he’s injured so does that rule him out or are we accusing him of fibbing to cover up for the club.

Just leaves Hooper doesn’t it really? What’s been said about him? There you go... get some rumours started or ring Radio Sheffield. You can have that idea for free.

2 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

The caller who mentioned the YP made the quip with such conviction and a slight sense of smug satisfaction he must have been fed this prior to the game.

Let's be honest it was one sentence in a lonnnnnnng whinge

If he really knew that it was gonna happen he'd have focussed on it and not dropped it in like he did

Owlstalk Shop

31 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

If you've taken abuse, I hope you reported it, we're only discussing the credibility of rumours, which none of us can be sure about one way or the other.

I think far too much importance is being given to the YP element. These rumours, true or false, have been around for many weeks and put to the club by local journalists.

The proof (if we ever get it fully) will be the re-introduction of the players being talked about and them being here next season.

-not whether the YP release an article today.

Why would them being here next season prove anything?

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No he didn't

It was clear he just dropped the comment in to try and get some credibility for what he was saying

There was no pre-planning whatsoever in my opinion

I'm not so sure. Think it was pre planned. He phoned up when he knew most of Wednesdayites would be listening. Think it had a point to try and rile up some fans and it's obviously worked.

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I'm not so sure. Think it was pre planned. He phoned up when he knew most of Wednesdayites would be listening. Think it had a point to try and rile up some fans and it's obviously worked.

Thing is - if YOU wanted to drop that one out you'd not just throw it into a really long whinge would you?

You'd focus on it 

Might even be the first thing you said in the call

The face he didnt' shows he didn't pre-prepare it and that it's untrue

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Thing is - if YOU wanted to drop that one out you'd not just throw it into a really long whinge would you?

You'd focus on it 

Might even be the first thing you said in the call

The face he didnt' shows he didn't pre-prepare it and that it's untrue

Makes it more believable. If he comes straight out with it everyone knows he's lying and only thing he knows.  

If he comments on the games and things before then it makes it seen he knows about Wednesday. I must admit I do question his team loyalties.

"You've got Hooper, you've got Bannan, You've got Westwood, Not Forestieri but you've also got Fletcher"

"Those players are going to be in an article in the Yorkshire Post on Monday I don't know if you've heard or if you know about it, and it describes those players and he's even going to describe how many games they play before they qualify to get a bonus"

"Those players are going to be named and the actual games they play and potentially the bonuses they're going to get"

"They're not injured. They are fit (And Hutchinson too)"

"They're not playing because they don't want to get caught up in the 7 million pound that they paid out last year in bonuses with the fair play"

That's why they're not playing"

"It's going to be in the Yorkshire Post on Monday. Someone down there is telling you lies"

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Reyt throwaway that :laugh:

The strangest thing here...

When I listened back to it on Saturday only the back end of the call was on the playback so that's literally all I heard - the very last sentence. Today is the first time I've heard it all.

Either way I don't believe it and lost faith in him when he started rambling on about Katrien Meire 

Mad Phil

Let's see if he's correct but I very much doubt it

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Eight minutes 40 seconds in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05y3wrg

Longest throwaway comment I've ever heard.

I don't go along with "it was planned", but he made the comments about contracts and what the YP are going to say with conviction. So either he's in the know, and it's true (still waiting), or he's deluded and convinced himself it's true and has embellished the story, or he's a poo stirrer. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

Longest throwaway comment I've ever heard.

I don't go along with "it was planned", but he made the comments about contracts and what the YP are going to say with conviction. So either he's in the know, and it's true (still waiting), or he's deluded and convinced himself it's true and has embellished the story, or he's a poo stirrer. 

Apologies mate - first time I have been able to hear the full thing

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, erowl said:

Why would them being here next season prove anything?

For me, it would provide further evidence that the rumours regrading absences through falls-outs or contract reasons, are indeed false.

As one whose prone to believe conspiracy theories, I won't be convinced if some of these players only play 3-4 games at the end of the season, and then go.

Remember the bizarre Urby Emanualson appearance - Did those 20 mins change you mind about his signing?