Adthe Nuhiu

53 minutes ago, mcowl said:

Nuhiu was terrible.

Don't forget that his assist for our goal was cancelled out by his assist for Villa's second.

Not denying it was a shocking pass but look where the ball was given away. There was loads left to do it was in their half 

Edited by sheffwed1

5 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He’s one of the best team players and Club men you can find anywhere. He has been great recently but I do think he needs to be released at the end of the season. It’s harsh but the right call!

He’s a bit like Semedo - top man and professional who always gave his all for the Club.

Don't agree. He's the kind of player you need in your squad. Not everyone can be first choice so you need players that are reasonably happy to be on the edge of things.

He is a very under rated footballer, he does whatever is asked of him,he always gives 100%,  he is unfairly treated by referees because of his size, he is judged by a lot of Wednesday fans as a traditional "big man striker" when he is not, he is rarely injured, he takes responsibility and supports his team mates even when on the bench, he doesn't sulk, he works hard, trains hard and isn't afraid to take a chance.  What is not to like ?  Above all he is an absolute professional. Younger players (and some older ones!) could learn a lot by modelling themselves on him, he acts with dignity on and off the field.

For the umpteenth time, we know he's not the most prolific striker in the country but if everyone showed his commitment and enthusiasm we would be a better team.

• Like 3

He's an honest pro. I think he's a good player but with a poor scoring record. Would he be first choice if we had a fully fit squad? No, but he's useful to have on the bench in case you need to change things if plan A isn't working. He's not on a fortune in footballing terms so I'd keep him unless we are truly skint.

Typical Owlstalk love in with Nuhiu.....make a big thing of a simple chest down and forget about the fact that he missed at least 2 sitters and set up Villa for one of theirs.

The reason he's never injured is because the opposition never go near him a) because 9 times out of 10 they know nothing will come of him having the ball and b) because the opposition would be devastated if they injured him and he want off to be replaced by someone with an ounce of pace, talent or craft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Don't agree. He's the kind of player you need in your squad. Not everyone can be first choice so you need players that are reasonably happy to be on the edge of things.

We have 6 strikers at the club plus Winnall. If we are playing 3-5-2 next season, we need to have 5 strikers vying for those 2 spots. Personally, I’d try and flog Rhodes and release Nuhiu. Promote George Hirst and we can go with Fletch, Hooper, Ff, Joao and Hirst as striker options.

Overall, I’ve seen Dave have about 6 good

games when he starts in championship games. I’ve seen him come on and play very well when he’s been brought on in the second half attacking the kop. You can’t keep a player to be an impact sub. He’s not good enough for a club with aspirations for promotion.

28 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We have 6 strikers at the club plus Winnall. If we are playing 3-5-2 next season, we need to have 5 strikers vying for those 2 spots. Personally, I’d try and flog Rhodes and release Nuhiu. Promote George Hirst and we can go with Fletch, Hooper, Ff, Joao and Hirst as striker options.

games when he starts in championship games. I’ve seen him come on and play very well when he’s been brought on in the second half attacking the kop. You can’t keep a player to be an impact sub. He’s not good enough for a club with aspirations for promotion.

Fairclough and Liverpool spring to mind..........

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
41 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I've seen more than that but more important is his recent form which IMO has been good. George obviously has huge potential but on what I've seen of him he's short of being ready for the championship at the moment

Guest Bulgaria

You wouldn't see atty refusing to get on a coach because he wants more cash

Always available for selection.

Never injured

Tries his best.

Why the snide comments?

We are lucky to have him.

6 hours ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

He can play and will improve  further IMO as he gets fitter under Jos.

Of all the players who have become unfit under Carlos, I can absolutely guarantee that Nuhiu was not one of them.

Probably one of the hardest to hit the gym regardless of what he was given to do on the training ground.

48 minutes ago, Ian said:

Typical Owlstalk love in with Nuhiu.....make a big thing of a simple chest down and forget about the fact that he missed at least 2 sitters and set up Villa for one of theirs.

The reason he's never injured is because the opposition never go near him a) because 9 times out of 10 they know nothing will come of him having the ball and b) because the opposition would be devastated if they injured him and he want off to be replaced by someone with an ounce of pace, talent or craft.

Its hardly a love in...its simply making do with what you have at the minute....

The "Talented" f.ookers are AWOL aren't they?........

Which "Talented" player are you putting in mate.....preferably one with two f.ookin' legs at the minute...................

• Like 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, HubristicClapper said:

Of all the players who have become unfit under Carlos, I can absolutely guarantee that Nuhiu was not one of them.

Probably one of the hardest to hit the gym regardless of what he was given to do on the training ground.

Looks a bit fitter and tad slimmer to me now though. Don't dispute his own work ethic for one minute though.