Adthe Nuhiu

3 hours ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

He’s improved loads this season but still isn’t good enough, can’t deny he gives his all which is admirable, highly frustrating that he doesn’t even win headers he refuses to jump for them majority of the time

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

Not his fault he doesn't jump that well. Tall men don't tend to. 

Sorry thats just guff 

Glen Wheelan  beat him in the air yesterday .

We praise Big Dave for being honest, wholehearted, committed, hard working, professional and always giving of his best.  This should be the bare minimum of any professional footballer. It should be a given. Therefore not praiseworthy. Unfortunately he is in a minority at our club at the moment. 

I like him as a man and as a pro but not as a player. He simply doesn’t score enough over a season, especially headers. He doesn’t have enough assists. He slows things down. He doesn’t disrupt the opposition consistently enough

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
17 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

We praise Big Dave for being honest, wholehearted, committed, hard working, professional and always giving of his best.  This should be the bare minimum of any professional footballer. It should be a given. Therefore not praiseworthy. Unfortunately he is in a minority at our club at the moment. 

I like him as a man and as a pro but not as a player. He simply doesn’t score enough over a season, especially headers. He doesn’t have enough assists. He slows things down. He doesn’t disrupt the opposition consistently enough

Looking good at the moment for me and it's the now that matters. Just my subjective opinion. 

1 minute ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Looking good at the moment for me and it's the now that matters. Just my subjective opinion. 

Games about opinions and for what it’s worth agree that he has been one of our most effective players (when selected) recently. But would you agree that it’s all relative. E.G. If he was the best striker on our books at the start of next season would you be happy with that?

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Games about opinions and for what it’s worth agree that he has been one of our most effective players (when selected) recently. But would you agree that it’s all relative. E.G. If he was the best striker on our books at the start of next season would you be happy with that?

Absolutely not but if he continues as he is currently doing, improve even, through playing and improved fitness then I'd be delighted to see him here next season as a squad/ bench player.  By definition there can only be one best striker.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

He is better with the ball into his feet as he actually has a good footballing brain. He uses his size well to shield the ball and bring others into play. Booting it up to him has never worked. 

Spot on.

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

It’s about the here and now as we are in a relegation scrap. The only other fit option we have is Rhodes who is terribly out of form. It’s a sad state when we are relying on a free transfer who most of us deemed surplus about a year ago to produce the goods when our record signing isn’t getting anywhere near the standard of the big man’s play. Fair play to Nuhui, he’s playing the best I’ve seen him...now for Jos to do the same with Rhodes!

39 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Sorry thats just guff 

Glen Wheelan  beat him in the air yesterday .

Its not guff its fact.

Very tall men don't jump as well.

People need to stop expecting Nuhiu to be great in the air just because he is tall, and appreciate the qualities he does have, which are many but not that.

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

It’s about the here and now as we are in a relegation scrap. The only other fit option we have is Rhodes who is terribly out of form. It’s a sad state when we are relying on a free transfer who most of us deemed surplus about a year ago to produce the goods when our record signing isn’t getting anywhere near the standard of the big man’s play. Fair play to Nuhui, he’s playing the best I’ve seen him...now for Jos to do the same with Rhodes!

As I said, I agree that he’s been good recently. If Jos can get a tune out of Rhodes then I will start to believe in him as a manager. Rhodes’ record shows there’s a player in there somewhere but we haven’t seen him. 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

As I said, I agree that he’s been good recently. If Jos can get a tune out of Rhodes then I will start to believe in him as a manager. Rhodes’ record shows there’s a player in there somewhere but we haven’t seen him. 

Thing is, it’s probably vital that Jos gets Rhodes playing well again. We are that much in the poo. 

He doesn’t actually slow the game down, Rhodes, Fletcher (from memory), and Hooper aren’t exactly speed merchants. He holds the ball better than any other player we have, rarely wastes it, and can move the ball forward, quickly and accurately better than most of our team.

he is Not a natural goal scorer, and because of that some people dismiss everything else he does.

He has changed, for the better, no end of games when on as sub.