Adthe Nuhiu

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

It’s cool to slate Nuhiu init and not acknowledge his talents. 

It's normal to slate Nuhiu because he's rubbish......I'd quite happily acknowledge his talents and have asked several times for his lovers to point out out the talents he has that you'd want from a half decent forward

Pace

Finishing

Heading

Desire

that sort of thing.....happy to be educated 

He is what he is. 

There is is no point having 6 forward players who are all the same. Nuhiu fills a place in the squad for a big forward if we want to play more direct football. Could we get a better player to do that role ? Possibly. But we need to focus our spending under ffp. If we are a long ball and direct team, splash out on a big fella as they will be starting most weeks. If we are going to be a tip tappy team who only lump it when losing , then nuhiu does the job fine.

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

It's normal to slate Nuhiu because he's rubbish......I'd quite happily acknowledge his talents and have asked several times for his lovers to point out out the talents he has that you'd want from a half decent forward

Pace

Finishing

Heading

Desire

It’s not even worth embarking on a conversation with you Ian. You will never acknowledge anything good about Nuhiu - you’ll even go to the extent of stating he’s not good at the things he actually is good at. 

The thing I love at the moment Ian is that you and the other Nuhiu haters can’t bear the fact that Nuhiu is playing that well that getting picked to play. 

34 minutes ago, Ian said:

Pace

Finishing

Heading

Desire

Of all the players we have on the books he's probably bottom of the list for the ones for whom you could question their desire.

52 minutes ago, ramone said:

Please elaborate.

I dont mind Nuhiu, he brings us something different... occasionally. But to say people that have questioned his ability previously dont know anything about football is so far away from the mark its untrue. The guys has been abysmal for the majority of his time here. I saw him get marked out of a game by a locksmith and lumberjack when we played Macclesfield Town at home in the Cup. To the point where i couldn't get frustrated at him anymore I genuinely sat there is fits of laughter at how poor he was. 

I'm sorry but you saying what you said only makes people question your knowledge about football... sorry

never EVER say sorry for having a valid opinion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Of all the players we have on the books he's probably bottom of the list for the ones for whom you could question their desire.

I don't mean desire to play.....I mean desire to get to the ball first when it's fizzing across the six yard line and a touch will result in a goal.......waving your arms about at the fans when you've won a corner is not the desire I'm talking about

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kilbyj said:

I like the guy... unorthodox and a nuisance

Could be much worse, could be Stevie May *shudders*

Red rag to a bull to some of the Nuhiu haters that mate. Some of them still maintain that May was unjustly treated when he was here, shouldn’t have been sold to Preston and that he was better than Nuhiu. 

29 minutes ago, shandypants said:

It’s not even worth embarking on a conversation with you Ian. You will never acknowledge anything good about Nuhiu - you’ll even go to the extent of stating he’s not good at the things he actually is good at. 

The thing I love at the moment Ian is that you and the other Nuhiu haters can’t bear the fact that Nuhiu is playing that well that getting picked to play. 

Rough translation of your first paragraph "once someone points out the obvious I can't find a response so I'll fall behind the "I'm not embarking on conversation with you" defence 

although you then proceed to not only carry on said conversation but start a new paragraph about it as well.....make your mind up

as for that next paragraph, would it be the fact that Nuhiu is playing "that well" that is the reason we are picking up so many points and hurtling headlong towards a play off place?

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

I don't mean desire to play.....I mean desire to get to the ball first when it's fizzing across the six yard line and a touch will result in a goal.......waving your arms about at the fans when you've won a corner is not the desire I'm talking about

he does this to try and gee up the fans,usually works too!

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

Not sure that's a lack of desire. Just a lack of strikers instinct or ability.

You must admit though Ian, he's not even in the top 10 worst players this season. Most of the squad have had a nightmare.

Edited by Mr Farrell
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Please elaborate.

I dont mind Nuhiu, he brings us something different... occasionally. But to say people that have questioned his ability previously dont know anything about football is so far away from the mark its untrue. The guys has been abysmal for the majority of his time here. I saw him get marked out of a game by a locksmith and lumberjack when we played Macclesfield Town at home in the Cup. To the point where i couldn't get frustrated at him anymore I genuinely sat there is fits of laughter at how poor he was. 

I'm sorry but you saying what you said only makes people question your knowledge about football... sorry

I'm talking about the ones who claim he's the worst striker to ever play for us and does absolutely nothing, the blokes presence on the pitch creates room for others. There's no surprise every striker here has enjoyed playing alongside him, he's a handful but as you say there are days you watch him and wonder how he's made it this far.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, ramone said:

Please elaborate.

I'd argue with that indictment (abysmal) but its past and been done to death. What matters is the now and I think that currently he is going well and more importantly, given our appalling injury situation, it has become crucial that he continues in this vein and stays fit.

It's subjective and I've always said that it's not so much the criticisms of him specifically but the distorted levels which have been OTT in my opinion. I know that this works both ways too; it's as if balanced opinion holds no sway on here only extremes of good or bad. It's telling that recently his hard core critics have laid relatively low (odd exceptions of course) which is testament to his recent contributions. 

It is inevitable unfortunately  (IMO) that some will seek to downplay his contributions whilst conversely magnifying his mistakes or shortcomings. No doubt the converse applies too. IMO there is a middle ground where the real truth is to be found. It's manifest now that he's an important player for us at the moment. He might even be a handy squad player next season even.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc