Adthe Nuhiu

3 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I'm talking about the ones who claim he's the worst striker to ever play for us and does absolutely nothing, the blokes presence on the pitch creates room for others. There's no surprise every striker here has enjoyed playing alongside him, he's a handful but as you say there are days you watch him and wonder how he's made it this far.

I dont think you can ever question Atdhe for his application (blimey, taking us back to Stuart Gray times there).

Every time he goes on to the pitch he works his nuts off and leaves it all out on the pitch. Something I look for as a given in a footballer. You're right when you say he's not the worst striker we've ever had. Far from it. But for us to improve, we need better than him. Steven Fletcher was his replacement (if you ask me) and he's given us 6/10 at best since he signed and hasn't been that guy. 

Hooper and Forstieri have both said how much they like playing with him which has to count for something but moving forward, if he's still here next season i'll be disappointed as it means we aren't improving. 

Just now, ramone said:

Hooper and Forstieri have both said how much they like playing with him which has to count for something but moving forward, if he's still here next season i'll be disappointed as it means we aren't improving. 

No, it counts for nothing.....it's the standard answer all footballers give when asked a question about one of their team mates....they are hardly likely to say "it's like playing with 10 men" are they

Sounds just like the chap behind me, who on Sat. for Clare's goal, shouted ' Good goal, son, but why didn't that idle so-and-so have a go himslf.'

As for his heading, has no one noticed the times he runs towards the thrower, bringing at least one usually two defenders with him, then actually flicks the ball back over their heads. About the only time we win anything from one of our throws.

As for Ramone,s comments about his performance against Macc, he was 'outplayed by TWO bit-pat players.  If so, and I do not doubt it, what was the spare man doing if Atdhe had two men around him, someone must have had no marker.   

I am not making Atdhe out to be a 'star', but much of what he does, little flicks here and there,go unnoticed. And he is givinga lead to our younger players in heading! It's no good outjumping the Defender the heading the ball over the stand.At least he tries to head the ball down.

And without comparing the two, or degrading their performances, who has been most effective for us this season, Atdhe or the superb FF? The latter's value to us this season for whatever reason, has been ZERO .  If he can't play, he's of no use.

15 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Not sure that's a lack of desire. Just a lack of strikers instinct or ability.

You must admit though Ian, he's not even in the top 10 worst players this season. Most of the squad have had a nightmare.

I agree that he's no longer the worst player we've got but that's not really down to any improvement on his behalf and more to do with us signing Fox, Butterfield, Jones and Boyd!

10 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

I'd argue with that indictment (abysmal) but its past and been done to death. What matters is the now and I think that currently he is going well and more importantly, given our appalling injury situation, it has become crucial that he continues in this vein and stays fit.

It's subjective and I've always said that it's not so much the criticisms of him specifically but the distorted levels which have been OTT in my opinion. I know that this works both ways too; it's as if balanced opinion holds no sway on here only extremes of good or bad. It's telling that recently his hard core critics have laid relatively low (odd exceptions of course) which is testament to his recent contributions. 

It is inevitable unfortunately  (IMO) that some will seek to downplay his contributions whilst conversely magnifying his mistakes or shortcomings. No doubt the converse applies too. IMO there is a middle ground where the real truth is to be found. It's manifest now that he's an important player for us at the moment. He might even be a handy squad player next season even.

Good post. i can only give opinions on what I want my CF to be and unfortunately, the big man falls short in almost every department other than leaving it all out on the pitch. The point is, I could do that but it wouldn't warrant me a place in the starting line up at Hillsborough because i'd fall short of the mark in terms of quality 

1 minute ago, Ian said:

No, it counts for nothing.....it's the standard answer all footballers give when asked a question about one of their team mates....they are hardly likely to say "it's like playing with 10 men" are they

I'm more of a 'take things as they come' kind of guy. If thats what they say thats what they believe. I simply cant call BS as i dont know... They might really love playing with him. 

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I agree that he's no longer the worst player we've got but that's not really down to any improvement on his behalf and more to do with us signing Fox, Butterfield, Jones and Boyd!

True.

The sad thing is, the shockingly bad players that were signed when we should have been improving the starting 11.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
8 minutes ago, ramone said:

Good post. i can only give opinions on what I want my CF to be and unfortunately, the big man falls short in almost every department other than leaving it all out on the pitch. The point is, I could do that but it wouldn't warrant me a place in the starting line up at Hillsborough because i'd fall short of the mark in terms of quality 

Fair do's and for what it's worth I don't see Atdhe being our first choice CF unless his recent improvement has not yet topped out and there is more to come.

It's fair to say that I perceived a raw potential when he first came which augured well but conversely it hasn't developed as I expected. Like I say though it's the extremes of opinions that leaves me scratching my head.

7 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Fair do's and for what it's worth I don't see Atdhe being our first choice CF unless his recent improvement has not yet topped out and there is more to come.

It's fair to say that I perceived a raw potential when he first came which augured well but conversely it hasn't developed as I expected. Like I say though it's the extremes of opinions that leaves me scratching my head.

You're right, the extreme opinions are a bit daft. But we live in a world of extreme opinions dont we. 

The way people describe certain things these days, and i do it so cant complain too much, is extreme at both ends of the scale. I mean we've got people lauding George Hirst to be the best English striker since Alan Shearer and poor Atdhe's only use would to be a tree in a theater adaptation of the Animals of Farthing Wood. 

Often, the middle ground is actually where it is. But people are so keen for others to share their opinion the middle ground seems way off... 

Edited by ramone

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 minutes ago, ramone said:

You're right, the extreme opinions are a bit daft. But we live in a world of extreme opinions dont we. 

The way people describe certain things these days, and i do it so cant complain too much, is extreme at both ends of the scale. I mean we've got people lauding George Hirst to be the best English striker since Alan Shearer and poor Atdhe's only use would to be a tree in a theater adaptation of the Animals of Farthing Wood. 

Often, the middle ground is actually where it is. But people are so keen for others to share their opinion the middle ground seems way off... 

Top post....... IMO  lol

Its a sad indictment of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club that he still picks a wage up, 

The comments in this thread could have been taken from when Stuart Grey was here, we should have moved on from him years ago but hes still here like a bad smell

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
8 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Nuhiu is like Marmite.

If he was half as good as some fans expect then he would be in the Prem.

What I liked on Saturday was that Nuhiu and Joao stayed up front and only went back to help out at Corners/ Free kicks.

....... and to be fair if he was as bad as some insist he'd be helping hold up the pier at Cromer or somewhere similar.

16 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Its a sad indictment of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club that he still picks a wage up, 

The comments in this thread could have been taken from when Stuart Grey was here, we should have moved on from him years ago but hes still here like a bad smell

That's more a reflection on Carlos and D.C. who have stagnated the club for 3 years.

Sorry but as a ST holder I am fed up of having to watch him, he isn't any different to the player we originally signed, he tries and seems a nice guy but he doesn't contribute enough to the overall game and when he does anything good it is blown out of proportion because we are pleasantly surprised by this. Joao has scored 3 in 2 starts and we are talking about his team mate who did one assist. Not doubting whilst Hooper, Fletcher, Fessi, Rhodes, Winnall and Hirst can't play we may need him for the last 15 minutes in games to be a distraction to the opposition. But he needs releasing in June. If he gets a 2 year deal and we have to watch more of him I'm going to be a seriously depressed ST holder. Him giving away possession countless times throughout the game countered the assist for me. Nice guy, not good enough at this level, would be cracking in league 1 (maybe), lets hope that isn't where we are in August. WTF:

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
24 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

But playing rather well at the moment.