Adthe Nuhiu

He’s not consistently good enough imo. He does a job but we need more, I look forward to having Hooper and FF back who play well but also score goals. I like a striker that can do that. Nuhiu is a decent option to have coming on from the bench but as a starter I don’t think he is good enough for that. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

59 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Its not guff its fact.

Very tall men don't jump as well.

People need to stop expecting Nuhiu to be great in the air just because he is tall, and appreciate the qualities he does have, which are many but not that.

Which qualities does he have then?

Pace?

Finishing ability?

Nuhiu will always be criticised for not scoring enough goals and that's fair enough. As a striker he should score more.

However, he can be a focal point for the attack and can link the play. That Birmingham game a couple of years ago - he was the linchpin for Hooper, Forestieri and Bannan to work off. Reminded me of Luca Toni in the World Cup in 2006 - he didn't score many goals but he was crucial to the team.

We all though Fletcher would be the upgrade - but Fletcher was rarely fully fit. I would like to have seen Nuhiu partnered with Rhodes but can't really pick him ahead of the other strikers cos they score more goals.

I think we should be glad we have him now though - he will fight for us.

giant_s_shadow_by_frazamatron-d8c27r5.png

If you were an opposition defender and you were marking Joao or Rhodes or whoever Nuhiu partnered you will almost definitely be affected by the presence of the lad up front too

there's no escaping his presence

It's like Darth Vader walking down the seafront at Scarborough. You might be wanting to look up at the Castle or maybe wanting to head into the amusement arcades, but you're guaranteed to have your eye taken away by Darth across the road innit.

That's basically Nuhiu

He's Darth Vader

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

He doesn’t actually slow the game down, Rhodes, Fletcher (from memory), and Hooper aren’t exactly speed merchants. He holds the ball better than any other player we have, rarely wastes it, and can move the ball forward, quickly and accurately better than most of our team.

he is Not a natural goal scorer, and because of that some people dismiss everything else he does.

He has changed, for the better, no end of games when on as sub.

Probably the biggest load of guff ever written on Owlstalk .

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He’s one of the best team players and Club men you can find anywhere. He has been great recently but I do think he needs to be released at the end of the season. It’s harsh but the right call!

He’s a bit like Semedo - top man and professional who always gave his all for the Club.

I reckon we'd be at least 6 points better off this season if we still had Semedo

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

giant_s_shadow_by_frazamatron-d8c27r5.png

If you were an opposition defender and you were marking Joao or Rhodes or whoever Nuhiu partnered you will almost definitely be affected by the presence of the lad up front too

there's no escaping his presence

It's like Darth Vader walking down the seafront at Scarborough. You might be wanting to look up at the Castle or maybe wanting to head into the amusement arcades, but you're guaranteed to have your eye taken away by Darth across the road innit.

That's basically Nuhiu

He's Darth Vader

He's more of a Wookie if you analyse it properly.

Lumbering, hairy and makes guttural noises.

Definitely Chewbacca. That's what the oposition actually hate.

12 hours ago, Walt said:

Thing is, it’s probably vital that Jos gets Rhodes playing well again. We are that much in the poo. 

lets be honest if we do try to push for promotion think we need a damn site more quality in the final third than is available here now,even when all fit

15 hours ago, Ian said:

Typical Owlstalk love in with Nuhiu.....make a big thing of a simple chest down and forget about the fact that he missed at least 2 sitters and set up Villa for one of theirs.

The reason he's never injured is because the opposition never go near him a) because 9 times out of 10 they know nothing will come of him having the ball and b) because the opposition would be devastated if they injured him and he want off to be replaced by someone with an ounce of pace, talent or craft.

There is no love  in and people on here can think for themselves.

If you can't handle debate on Nuhiu without snide digs ( and abusing posters like you have in the past) then this site isn't for you.

20 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

as I've said before the ones who hammer him don't understand football

Please elaborate.

I dont mind Nuhiu, he brings us something different... occasionally. But to say people that have questioned his ability previously dont know anything about football is so far away from the mark its untrue. The guys has been abysmal for the majority of his time here. I saw him get marked out of a game by a locksmith and lumberjack when we played Macclesfield Town at home in the Cup. To the point where i couldn't get frustrated at him anymore I genuinely sat there is fits of laughter at how poor he was. 

I'm sorry but you saying what you said only makes people question your knowledge about football... sorry

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

There is no love  in and people on here can think for themselves.

If you can't handle debate on Nuhiu without snide digs ( and abusing posters like you have in the past) then this site isn't for you.

Thank you for your ironic insight in to the debate.

• Haha 1