Letter sent to the FA

6 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

The problem is mate, one berates you the rest follow like sheep. But just look at the posters names, they are all in the same clique. They voice their opinions on someone else's. You have only done what most of the fan base wanted to do yesterday. Straight after the game quite a few on here were saying how corrupt the ref appeared  was. but then have a go at you for having the balls to try and do something. 

Dont agree with that.  I wouldn’t class myself as being in any Clique but I’m embarrassed seeing someone has written to the F/A about Yesterday’s game. 

Its fair to say that nobody is happy about it, but writing to the FA and publishing it on here?  I don’t even buy the theory that it’s better than doing nothing but moan on here.  Fans must complain to the FA after each and every game - all it does is smacks of sour grapes.  Surely nobody seriously believes the FA will do anything about it.  

We’d all be weeing ourselves if this was the Blunts and quite rightly go on about it for years.  

One thing most fans will agree on is that the sooner this disaster of a season ends the better.  

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Not as good as Villa on paper.

But better than them for the entire first half yesterday. 

The result though doesn't really matter in this case.

Plenty around me were talking about the referee whilst we were winning the game.

This is no 'poor us' self serving boll0cks. 

Poor refs are poor refs.  We have them most weeks.

One who is completely biased whether consciously or unconsciously is a different matter entirely and he was. 

The stats suggest that we matched them on the field as well as on paper except for one stat

Home TeamSheff WedAway TeamAston Villa
Possession
Home49%
Away51%
Shots
Home18
Away15
Shots on Target
Home7
Away10
Corners
Home7
Away6
Fouls
Home16
Away1

3 hours ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I have sent the following letter to fa@info.com

It will be in the bin by now.

"Dear Sirs,

I would like the FA  to investigate the level of officiating during the Sheffield Wednesday vs Aston Villa played at Hillsborough yesterday.

I know as a paying member of the public I cannot instigate a full enquiry, but the FA, as the regulatory body should be aware of what happened at the game.

Firstly the amount of fouls awarded was somewhat disproportionate. 16 to 1. I find this very strange. I am aware that refereeing is a difficult job to do, but 16 to 1 seems to suggest one team were 16 times more, shall we say physical, than the other. This was not the case.

Secondly the overall standard of the officials was somewhat one-sided.

I have never written to the FA before, as in the past I have assumed the referee had made poor judgements, as we all do. Sadly that cannot be said of the referee in yesterdays games, as the decision making was consistently poor.

I look forward to your response.

Regards"

Let it go and move on.

15 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

First goal came from a free kick which wasn't.

Second goal was a foul on reach from nuhius pass.

Fourth goal was a dive for the original free kock, then a penalty given for god knows what. 

Could we have defended better? Yes. But all situations came from inept refereeing decisions.

All about opinions . The ref had a shocker no doubt but so did our defence and I know which one of those two things that worries me most and could potentially cause relegation.Wildsmith made 2 outstanding saves for first goal and we failed to react both times thats as scandalous as whether it was a free kick or not to me 

26 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Thank a lot pal, but I do not respect the opinions of people who didn't go, then comment "Villa are better than us". They were not yesterday.

Villa are better than us though. So if we play Spurs and beat them are we better than them? 

One game doesnt mean a thing.

1 minute ago, One De Bilde said:

Villa are better than us though. So if we play Spurs and beat them are we better than them? 

You are missing my point. I said we were as good or better than them yesterday. Over the season, no, I don't think we are. We played lovely stuff at times yesterday, but the defence was suspect a couple of times. They could not handle Clare or Joao.

I have sent a letter to the CEO of the EFL and copied the FA, Swarbrick and relevant police force:

Shaun Harvey

Chief Executive EFL

EFL House 

10-12 West Cliff 

Preston 

PR1 8HU

The foul count yesterday was statistically highly abnormal and if match fixing becomes rife then spending time and hard-earned money watching professional football becomes pointless.

We have no idea if that is what happened yesterday but at least it asks the question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I have sent the following letter to fa@info.com

It will be in the bin by now.

"Dear Sirs,

I would like the FA  to investigate the level of officiating during the Sheffield Wednesday vs Aston Villa played at Hillsborough yesterday.

I know as a paying member of the public I cannot instigate a full enquiry, but the FA, as the regulatory body should be aware of what happened at the game.

Firstly the amount of fouls awarded was somewhat disproportionate. 16 to 1. I find this very strange. I am aware that refereeing is a difficult job to do, but 16 to 1 seems to suggest one team were 16 times more, shall we say physical, than the other. This was not the case.

Secondly the overall standard of the officials was somewhat one-sided.

I have never written to the FA before, as in the past I have assumed the referee had made poor judgements, as we all do. Sadly that cannot be said of the referee in yesterdays games, as the decision making was consistently poor.

I look forward to your response.

Regards"

More chance of platting fog bud. 

Didn't go, but I'm sumising prince's Harry and wills ran the line with Nigel Kennedy refereeing lol

Incredible refereeing! I'm still fuming today. 

Remember Wildsmiths tip over the bar that was a goal kick too. It was shocking all round. 

Never known it that bad, we got the odd rubbish ref but I usually just shrug and think it'll even out. Can't wait for the match where it evens out!!!!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Incredible refereeing! I'm still fuming today. 

Remember Wildsmiths tip over the bar that was a goal kick too. It was shocking all round. 

Never known it that bad, we got the odd rubbish ref but I usually just shrug and think it'll even out. Can't wait for the match where it evens out!!!!!!

That tip over FFS.

The lino gave a corner, then blatantly changed his mind because the clown in the middle gave a goal kick. Same lino that was never up with play, and let the Warrior play on, after he got up from the Terry 'tackle' and hung about, offside, until the ball came back! Fkng comical.....

Edited by The only way is S6

1 hour ago, One De Bilde said:

It means everything on the day , otherwise why even play football at all . Just decide who's the better team and give them three points . They have played more consistently than us but on the day even their fans couldnt believe they'd won and aren't impressed with their team over the season up to press . 

• Like 1

Not read the full thread but I’ve commented on other threads, and I wasn’t there yesterday as I’m on my hols. BUT whilst letters to the fa are worth fa and as the op says will be straight in the bin, but I’m foookin sick of coming out of games talking about refs. I’m coming up sixty, and it was never like this before. No one noticed referees back then and that’s how it should be. You didn’t know there names, didn’t notice they were even on the pitch. Now the tail tugging tuggers want to be the centre of attention. Fat kids who couldn’t play who hate those that can. If things don’t change soon with the standards of officials I’m giving up on football cus it’s driving me mad. I’m on my hols and getting right wizzed off with what happened yesterday.

• Like 1