Letter sent to the FA

1 minute ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

We couldnt defend because every time we challenged they threw themselves to the ground and the ref awarded a free kick.

First goal , shocking reactions from defenders , let alone the free header. Second goal nuhui gave ball away when he had options left and right . Fourth goal let snodgrass waltz through then pudil fouled him.

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I regularly read forums from other clubs as entertainment and no word of a lie every single club has fans who think:

A) they always get the worst decisions against them and them alone.

B) there’s some sort of conspiracy to keep them down

C) if they have a major rival then point B is something to do with them (Man City are big on this)

That may be so but how can one foul in 94 minutes of football not start alarm bells ringing ? You can bet if it had been a Premiership match SSN would have a discussion about it on a loop for the next week. It just defies logic simple as that

46 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

The problem you might have is the referee's assessor, sitting in the Director's Box may score him around an 8 for the match...why?

Because he got all of the important decisions right and was in the right place at the right time on all big calls.

So what did he do wrong?

AV and Bruce's teams know how to play the officials, they know when it's good to drop at the slightest touch and they know how to pressurise him as a collective...every AV player had a go at the ref at one time or another but none crossed a line.

He may have missed a couple of things for us that could have been important, but he missed a couple for them too...refs make mistakes.

We got angry because AV did their job...they turned us around at KO. They niggled and dropped at nothing. They got the rub of the green and almost every 2nd ball...they were just a bit better than us even though we did well and played ok. They were given opportunities to put in crosses from silly free kicks (and they were free kicks). Their set pieces were fantastic. Their goals were pretty good...the first one scrappy but they stuck theirs away we didn't finish our scrappy one.

I'm an ex ref and I didn't see much wrong with what the ref did today other than I think he missed 3 free kicks we should have had but he was much closer to them than me.

Neg me if you want to express your frustration and any remaining anger...but I'm not far wrong 

Firstly if you cannot see what this ref did wrong a trip to Specsavers is needed and secondly where have you been as the neg has been removed for over a week or more.

WTF:

Edited by Hughthecone

9 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

I had two called Trex and Atora

They were cooking fats.............................................lol

Excuse me, I've got tea all over my keyboard after reading that.

fair play. probably won't get a response.

Don't know why you are getting a hard time. anyone that went yesterday must know that there was some fixing going on.

As for saying it is something that the pigs would do, well there is plenty to take the mickey out of the pigs for but trying to do something about the FA screwing them over isn't really one of them in my book. We are too nice and lenient as a fan base. God knows what it would take to make us angry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

You weren't there! not saying you should have been there, but commenting on a game you didn't see? Blimey.

I have a season ticket i couldnt go. I have seen enough football to know we arent as good as villa.

My criticism wasnt based on the game itself just the "poor us" self serving bo llocks.

3 hours ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I have sent the following letter to fa@info.com

It will be in the bin by now.

"Dear Sirs,

I would like the FA  to investigate the level of officiating during the Sheffield Wednesday vs Aston Villa played at Hillsborough yesterday.

I know as a paying member of the public I cannot instigate a full enquiry, but the FA, as the regulatory body should be aware of what happened at the game.

Firstly the amount of fouls awarded was somewhat disproportionate. 16 to 1. I find this very strange. I am aware that refereeing is a difficult job to do, but 16 to 1 seems to suggest one team were 16 times more, shall we say physical, than the other. This was not the case.

Secondly the overall standard of the officials was somewhat one-sided.

I have never written to the FA before, as in the past I have assumed the referee had made poor judgements, as we all do. Sadly that cannot be said of the referee in yesterdays games, as the decision making was consistently poor.

I look forward to your response.

Regards"

The problem is mate, one berates you the rest follow like sheep. But just look at the posters names, they are all in the same clique. They voice their opinions on someone else's. You have only done what most of the fan base wanted to do yesterday. Straight after the game quite a few on here were saying how corrupt the ref appeared  was. but then have a go at you for having the balls to try and do something. 

53 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

well tried Hostage but sadly it will be a pointless exercise , I have learned through experience that referees are an untouchable Species and even if you are right in your point the victims are the ones who are often fined and the officials are backed to the hilt 

I remember that match I saw your lad play in. iirc 3 of his side were sent off, very dodgy decisions to say the least. IIRC one was because a player when a ball went out for a throw in for them the ref gave it the other way. Player said What, that's our ball? and was sent off for dissent. Ref blew  for full time immediately went over to the opposition players had a laugh and a joke with them and walked off with his arm around one of their players shoulders.

Edited by darra

4 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

The problem is mate, one berates you the rest follow like sheep. But just look at the posters names, they are all in the same clique. They voice their opinions on someone else's. You have only done what most of the fan base wanted to do yesterday. Straight after the game quite a few on here were saying how corrupt the ref appeared  was. but then have a go at you for having the balls to try and do something. 

Thank a lot pal, but I do not respect the opinions of people who didn't go, then comment "Villa are better than us". They were not yesterday.

Edited by HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG

16 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

First goal , shocking reactions from defenders , let alone the free header. Second goal nuhui gave ball away when he had options left and right . Fourth goal let snodgrass waltz through then pudil fouled him.

First goal came from a free kick which wasn't.

Second goal was a foul on reach from nuhius pass.

Fourth goal was a dive for the original free kock, then a penalty given for god knows what. 

Could we have defended better? Yes. But all situations came from inept refereeing decisions.

You forgot that for the 3rd the ball went out of play before the cross that got them the corner. There was a doubt about that but that one does like it might have brushed off a defenders back.

However it was the all round reffing all game that irks in addition to those key moments

9 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

I have a season ticket i couldnt go. I have seen enough football to know we arent as good as villa.

My criticism wasnt based on the game itself just the "poor us" self serving bo llocks.

Not as good as Villa on paper.

But better than them for the entire first half yesterday. 

The result though doesn't really matter in this case.

Plenty around me were talking about the referee whilst we were winning the game.

This is no 'poor us' self serving boll0cks. 

Poor refs are poor refs.  We have them most weeks.

One who is completely biased whether consciously or unconsciously is a different matter entirely and he was. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Not as good as Villa on paper.

But better than them for the entire first half yesterday. 

The result though doesn't really matter in this case.

Plenty around me were talking about the referee whilst we were winning the game.

This is no 'poor us' self serving boll0cks. 

Poor refs are poor refs.  We have them most weeks.

One who is completely biased whether consciously or unconsciously is a different matter entirely and he was. 

Fair enough as i said wasnt there, the OP just seemed like a very much "poor us" post.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Fair enough as i said wasnt there, the OP just seemed like a very much "poor us" post.

Any other week I'd agree.

Easy to point the finger at the ref. When usually they're just poor.

Equally poor. He was something else.

I actually wish we'd won.  Not just because overall the lads didn't deserve to lose as they were worth at least a draw.  But also because so many people going mad about a ref when you've won gets taken more seriously.