Letter sent to the FA

On 25/02/2018 at 09:13, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I have sent the following letter to fa@info.com

It will be in the bin by now.

"Dear Sirs,

I would like the FA  to investigate the level of officiating during the Sheffield Wednesday vs Aston Villa played at Hillsborough yesterday.

I know as a paying member of the public I cannot instigate a full enquiry, but the FA, as the regulatory body should be aware of what happened at the game.

Firstly the amount of fouls awarded was somewhat disproportionate. 16 to 1. I find this very strange. I am aware that refereeing is a difficult job to do, but 16 to 1 seems to suggest one team were 16 times more, shall we say physical, than the other. This was not the case.

Secondly the overall standard of the officials was somewhat one-sided.

I have never written to the FA before, as in the past I have assumed the referee had made poor judgements, as we all do. Sadly that cannot be said of the referee in yesterdays games, as the decision making was consistently poor.

I look forward to your response.

Regards"

I wasn't there, but the facts speak for themselves. Anyone who was there should also write to the email address. They can ignore one email, but not one thousand. 

I think match fixing should be mentioned in the context of the sixteen fouls to one question. It doesn't purely sound like a question of poor judgment, more of a question of one sideded judgment. 

The question the FA need to investigate  is why? 

This has been going on for years at Hillsborough. I don't ever recall Wednesday being aided by the hidden hand of match fixing weather playing either giants or minnows. 

The obvious answer is Steve Bruce and Aston Villa are clearly part of the football establishment. Alas, Wednesday are not and never were. 

Now I've mentioned Bruce's name it reminds me of Bruce's Fergietime winner against Wednesday all those years ago. Wednesday had their own title aspirations that day. In many ways, nearly 25 years later nothings changed. 

3 minutes ago, s8owl75 said:

I wasn't there, but the facts speak for themselves. Anyone who was there should also write to the email address. They can ignore one email, but not one thousand. 

I think match fixing should be mentioned in the context of the sixteen fouls to one question. It doesn't purely sound like a question of poor judgment, more of a question of one sideded judgment. 

The question the FA need to investigate  is why? 

This has been going on for years at Hillsborough. I don't ever recall Wednesday being aided by the hidden hand of match fixing weather playing either giants or minnows. 

The obvious answer is Steve Bruce and Aston Villa are clearly part of the football establishment. Alas, Wednesday are not and never were. 

Now I've mentioned Bruce's name it reminds me of Bruce's Fergietime winner against Wednesday all those years ago. Wednesday had their own title aspirations that day. In many ways, nearly 25 years later nothings changed. 

He got loads wrong..... flirting with Bruce and Terry being the worst.... falling for Snodgrasses antics etc etc..

The whole game needs to be reviewed...

FFS.

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

He got loads wrong..... flirting with Bruce and Terry being the worst.... falling for Snodgrasses antics etc etc..

The whole game needs to be reviewed...

FFS.

I forgot Sir John Terry was there. The Holy Trinity: Villa, Bruce and Terry 

We stood no chance 

yalta-paddy-taylor_2226576k.jpg

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Iveco said:

Yes it does ! Because I’ve known a few people that have actually complained after buying houses at sides of pub then complained it’s too noisy, plus it’s a football game not everything goes your way 

I can categorically say that I have never bought a house next door to a pub. And if I did (which I wont) I would not write to the FA complaining about the noise.

I hope that settles it.

• Haha 2

On 2/25/2018 at 09:13, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I have sent the following letter to fa@info.com

It will be in the bin by now.

"Dear Sirs,

I would like the FA  to investigate the level of officiating during the Sheffield Wednesday vs Aston Villa played at Hillsborough yesterday.

I know as a paying member of the public I cannot instigate a full enquiry, but the FA, as the regulatory body should be aware of what happened at the game.

Firstly the amount of fouls awarded was somewhat disproportionate. 16 to 1. I find this very strange. I am aware that refereeing is a difficult job to do, but 16 to 1 seems to suggest one team were 16 times more, shall we say physical, than the other. This was not the case.

Secondly the overall standard of the officials was somewhat one-sided.

I have never written to the FA before, as in the past I have assumed the referee had made poor judgements, as we all do. Sadly that cannot be said of the referee in yesterdays games, as the decision making was consistently poor.

I look forward to your response.

Regards"

"Dear Paying Member of the Public,

We note with interest your concerns regarding the level of officiating at the aforementioned game.

We have spoken to the officials who have all stated that they are very good at their jobs and believe you are just being a "silly billy".

Hope this clears up any concerns you may have had.

Lots of Love & kisses

The FA"

lol

• Like 1

On 25/02/2018 at 11:48, toooldforthis said:

The problem you might have is the referee's assessor, sitting in the Director's Box may score him around an 8 for the match...why?

Because he got all of the important decisions right and was in the right place at the right time on all big calls.

So what did he do wrong?

AV and Bruce's teams know how to play the officials, they know when it's good to drop at the slightest touch and they know how to pressurise him as a collective...every AV player had a go at the ref at one time or another but none crossed a line.

He may have missed a couple of things for us that could have been important, but he missed a couple for them too...refs make mistakes.

We got angry because AV did their job...they turned us around at KO. They niggled and dropped at nothing. They got the rub of the green and almost every 2nd ball...they were just a bit better than us even though we did well and played ok. They were given opportunities to put in crosses from silly free kicks (and they were free kicks). Their set pieces were fantastic. Their goals were pretty good...the first one scrappy but they stuck theirs away we didn't finish our scrappy one.

I'm an ex ref and I didn't see much wrong with what the ref did today other than I think he missed 3 free kicks we should have had but he was much closer to them than me.

Neg me if you want to express your frustration and any remaining anger...but I'm not far wrong 

I agree with most of what you say, except that our 'scrappy one' appeared to have crossed the line, without benefit of a goal...

On 25/02/2018 at 11:48, toooldforthis said:

So what did he do wrong?

He may have missed a couple of things for us that could have been important, but he missed a couple for them too...refs make mistakes.

I'm an ex ref and I didn't see much wrong with what the ref did today other than I think he missed 3 free kicks we should have had but he was much closer to them than me.

whether you are right or wrong is opinion  are you not aware there's a well known joke about a tourist in Ireland who asks one of the locals for directions to Dublin. The Irishman replies: 'Well sir, if I were you, I wouldn't start from here'  I say this because crucial decision wrong lead to a completely different game from that point 

'missing ' decisions is a more subtle demonstration of bias    In your opinion how many villa fouls did he 'miss'?

31 minutes ago, steelowl said:

whether you are right or wrong is opinion  are you not aware there's a well known joke about a tourist in Ireland who asks one of the locals for directions to Dublin. The Irishman replies: 'Well sir, if I were you, I wouldn't start from here'  I say this because crucial decision wrong lead to a completely different game from that point 

'missing ' decisions is a more subtle demonstration of bias    In your opinion how many villa fouls did he 'miss'?

I agree...but I was more alarmed by the fouls he gave that either weren’t or shouldn’t have been. I couldn’t see the ‘foul’ when Nuhiu was through but if it was and if it was a red card that might have changed things...referees shouldn’t contribute to a match they should ensure that both teams follow the laws and contribute on equal terms. He was weak.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, toooldforthis said:

I agree...but I was more alarmed by the fouls he gave that either weren’t or shouldn’t have been. I couldn’t see the ‘foul’ when Nuhiu was through but if it was and if it was a red card that might have changed things...referees shouldn’t contribute to a match they should ensure that both teams follow the laws and contribute on equal terms. He was weak.

absolutely agree with that too many refs think it's about them and unfortunately  it consequently then is 

imo it's easier to subtly influence by ignoring   

Rabid blue glasses of and being serious 

I don't really think he took a bung, I don't really think he meant to be biased.  I do think he was sublimarily influenced for whatever reason as I put in another earlier response:  if you spin a coin for 90 mins and it comes out heads every time  i wanna look at the coin 

On 25/02/2018 at 23:43, scram said:

You honestly believe he was paid to fix the match?

I believe it's possible, but unlikely, and certainly very difficult to prove.

I do think the OP has a point though, the standard of refereeing in that match, was the worse I've seen since a Wednesday match at home to Sunderland back in the 70's. I don't blame him for writing a letter to the FA, I doubt they'll do anything about it though, but as paying supporters, what else are we supposed to do? Suck it up, when we can clearly see something's wrong?

I know, some on here have mentioned the team's performance, but for me, it's nothing to do with that, the refereeing, bent or not, was disgustingly bad, and needed reporting for it. TBH I feel the club should have reported the officiating......

Last night on BT sport before Tottenham game I am told the Wednesday v Villa game was mentioned and the the foul situation was extraordinary and was difficult to understand or explain.

The previous eveing  mark Lawrenson mentioned it and commented it seemed very odd and unusual.

This tells me the extraordinary game has attracted alot of attention and is likely to be looked at. If the game is reviewed in full and somebody watches a full match replay the extraordinary decisions will become far more evident. I am not sure what was the reason but something was amiss, the bias was obvious to anyone in the ground.

If anyone was going to cheat you would think they would do it surreptitously or try to disguise the fact, this is clear fromstats alone that something was wrong.

It will be interesting to see what is done with Swarbrick from now on.

15 hours ago, The Italian Stallion said:

I believe it's possible, but unlikely, and certainly very difficult to prove.

I do think the OP has a point though, the standard of refereeing in that match, was the worse I've seen since a Wednesday match at home to Sunderland back in the 70's. I don't blame him for writing a letter to the FA, I doubt they'll do anything about it though, but as paying supporters, what else are we supposed to do? Suck it up, when we can clearly see something's wrong?

I know, some on here have mentioned the team's performance, but for me, it's nothing to do with that, the refereeing, bent or not, was disgustingly bad, and needed reporting for it. TBH I feel the club should have reported the officiating......

You are correct the club should have reported the officiating in strongest possible terms. In fact they may have done.

It was so bad it certainly had an impact on the game and the scoreline would and should have been different.