Letter sent to the FA

5 minutes ago, scram said:

You honestly believe he was paid to fix the match?

In all honesty  no.  But  unconsciously biased?

Most definitely.  

From the off it was one way. 

I have genuinely never in all my years ever seen a performance so one sided.

11 hours ago, darra said:

I remember that match I saw your lad play in. iirc 3 of his side were sent off, very dodgy decisions to say the least. IIRC one was because a player when a ball went out for a throw in for them the ref gave it the other way. Player said What, that's our ball? and was sent off for dissent. Ref blew  for full time immediately went over to the opposition players had a laugh and a joke with them and walked off with his arm around one of their players shoulders.

yep mate there is a lot of that go's on in the Lincolnshire leagues 

22 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

In all honesty  no.  But  unconsciously biased?

Most definitely.  

From the off it was one way. 

I have genuinely never in all my years ever seen a performance so one sided.

Be interesting to review all the incidents in the cold light of day

As i wrote - i often read forums of other clubs - sometimes randomly and it's interesting to see how many times fans of both teams in match think the ref was biased against their team - they can't both be right

I'm not say Swarbrick wasn't awful - but match fixing or deliberately biased?

Nah

1 minute ago, scram said:

As i wrote - i often read forums of other clubs - sometimes randomly and it's interesting to see how many times fans of both teams in match think the ref was biased against their team - they can't both be right

Nah

Tend to agree...tho think he can be rightly accused of being starstruck.. unprofessional...and incompetent.

FFS.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scram said:

Nah

I agree. It's an age old thing with every club. The ref hates them etc etc. 

We get crappola ones every week don't we. Most weeks they leave me shaking my head. 

But usually I put it down to them just not being very good. and it's usually them making a guff of it for both sides. 

I'm sure Swarbrick would pass a lie detector test if asked if he was being one sided. 

But subliminally. Unconsciously.... I think he'd been affected, for whatever reason. 

I don't know if him and Bruce have had previous falling outs and somewhere in the back of his mind he wanted to avoid something.

Or with some of there players for that matter. I've no idea if there's any previous.

But he didn't want to upset them. That's just how it seemed. 

Now when I was 20 I'd have been running down the terraces to get to him at such a performance! 

I was like that with refs who'd had a good game and given us only one bad call all match! The world was against my team!

Full of testosterone and ale and completely blinded by my absolute devotional love for Wednesday.

But as a middle aged man. Who's seen and been involved with hundreds. Thousands of games. You're a bit more laid back. I usually just think. "Oh, another a duffer" 

But yesterday.  I could feel a ref rage building that I haven't felt for 30 odd years. 

It was everything.

I'll try and get a copy of the game. To see if I had been caught up with the emotion. Whether my years of acceptance had somehow been washed away like a mas hysteria.

Whether even the tapes will show it all though I don't know. 

Because when you're there. If you're like me, sometimes, you don't always follow the ball every split second. You might watch a player who's making a run up the other side.

Or you watch a scene a fraction after the ball has gone because your experience kicks in and you know there's something coming. A little alarm goes off in your head. So you see like we did the other week Bradley Johnson shoved Hunt by the neck just after he'd clipped a ball down the line for Rhodes. I know they won't see all that because they are following the ball. The play. 

Maybe he didn't see everything. And you don't expect them to see absolutely everything. But even without those things. There just seemed so, so much. 

And just the one foul. 

I mean. That alone.  

I woke up this morning wondering , genuinely, if I'd gone off on one for no reason. Had an out of character  meltdown for nothing more than the usual poor standard fayre. 

But then as I was having my tea and toast. Little bits come back to you don't they. And I started to think -

'no. I was right. It was totally lopsided. Deliberately or unconsciously it was entirely one way for the full 90 minutes.

15 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I agree. It's an age old thing with every club. The ref hates them etc etc. 

We get crappola ones every week don't we. Most weeks they leave me shaking my head. 

But usually I put it down to them just not being very good. and it's usually them making a guff of it for both sides. 

I'm sure Swarbrick would pass a lie detector test if asked if he was being one sided. 

But subliminally. Unconsciously.... I think he'd been affected, for whatever reason. 

I don't know if him and Bruce have had previous falling outs and somewhere in the back of his mind he wanted to avoid something.

Or with some of there players for that matter. I've no idea if there's any previous.

But he didn't want to upset them. That's just how it seemed. 

Now when I was 20 I'd have been running down the terraces to get to him at such a performance! 

I was like that with refs who'd had a good game and given us only one bad call all match! The world was against my team!

Full of testosterone and ale and completely blinded by my absolute devotional love for Wednesday.

But as a middle aged man. Who's seen and been involved with hundreds. Thousands of games. You're a bit more laid back. I usually just think. "Oh, another a duffer" 

But yesterday.  I could feel a ref rage building that I haven't felt for 30 odd years. 

It was everything.

I'll try and get a copy of the game. To see if I had been caught up with the emotion. Whether my years of acceptance had somehow been washed away like a mas hysteria.

Whether even the tapes will show it all though I don't know. 

Because when you're there. If you're like me, sometimes, you don't always follow the ball every split second. You might watch a player who's making a run up the other side.

Or you watch a scene a fraction after the ball has gone because your experience kicks in and you know there's something coming. A little alarm goes off in your head. So you see like we did the other week Bradley Johnson shoved Hunt by the neck just after he'd clipped a ball down the line for Rhodes. I know they won't see all that because they are following the ball. The play. 

Maybe he didn't see everything. And you don't expect them to see absolutely everything. But even without those things. There just seemed so, so much. 

And just the one foul. 

I mean. That alone.  

I woke up this morning wondering , genuinely, if I'd gone off on one for no reason. Had an out of character  meltdown for nothing more than the usual poor standard fayre. 

But then as I was having my tea and toast. Little bits come back to you don't they. And I started to think -

'no. I was right. It was totally lopsided. Deliberately or unconsciously it was entirely one way for the full 90 minutes.

lol made smile how occasionally a posse would gather outside the referees entrance and Granddads granddad would be there to ensure the gathering was not too unruly. The referee and LINESMEN would know if they had been particularly bad because they wouldn't emerge until the crowd had dispersed. But more often than not they ran the gauntlet of boos and abuse to their waiting cars and an emptying Penistone Road.   

8 hours ago, scram said:

You honestly believe he was paid to fix the match?

Please stop the Mr sensible posts It looked like it but I sincerely hope it was just an 'I'm the ref ' influenced by familiar headlining players / bigger team about to get promoted / this one's for alcockitus blo*dy hope not or that's me done 

I honestly believe that refs are influenced by their furthering own ego/standing/rep/career

If that means even if it's subliminally seeing things one way for rear of headlines   

e.g.

Ref derails Villas promotion

Ref dares to syellow card /send off  THE John Terry

Bruce demands ref apologises  

Fact is even mr sensibles could see he favoured Villa I can't think of one game even friendlies where a team isn't penalised more than once 

Over the couple of years I've watched football I've seen the complete gamut of penalties given / denied I've seen us sneeze on a player and the ref chole himself blowing so fast  I seen our players almost have both legs amputated  and the ref say nope  for the record imo 

Their pen was a pen imo,

as was ours - Ref:  'I see no ships!'

I think Terry touched the ball but the intention was to stop Nuhiu and he did -Ref:  'I see no ships!'

ALL opinions  but  when a penny keeps landing on heads for 90 mins you need to look at the penny IMO 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scram said:

I too regularly read other teams forums - similarly i used to read the fanzines of loads of other clubs - i actually used to subscribe to about 8 fanzines and in total had read fanzines from around 120 UK clubs

And for all bar a handful if you took the name of the club out of the equation and read the fanzines or latterly forums of most clubs - they are almost all exactly the same themes

The world is against them - ref had a shocker - ref was biased - ref took a bung - their goals should not have stood - we should have had 2-3 goals that didn't stand - authority conspiracy against them - TV/media companies are biased against us - why hasn't our (usually decidedly average player) been called up for England//whoever etc etc etc

Swarbrick may have had the beast of all beasts - but i absolutely refuse to believe he took a bung - and if he did then he could have at least make it look like he didn't

I believe that's why we got our 1 free kick. 

16 hours ago, scram said:

Nah

I wouldn't say he was deliberately biased, but possibly subconsciously believing that a team with ex premiership players/manager would be far superior to a mid table championship team may have clouded his judgement.

6 hours ago, Iveco said:

Sorry but I think this is totally embarrassing... are you like one of those people what buy a house next to a pub, then a year later write to the council and say the noise levels are inappropriate at turning out time sorry but I had to air my view 

Not sure that analogy works.. wouldn’t it be that he buys a house and then a year later a pub moves next door and p*sses him right off so he complains about the noise?.  we didn’t know we’d get a sh*t ref when we turned up to the game, which is different if you buy a house and you know there’s already pub next door. 

• Like 1

One thing that really struck me was an incident, right in front of the kop were I was sat. Pudil  challenges Snodgrass. He got the ball, and Snodgrass dives. The ref awarded a free kick. But it happened not six feet away from the lino. It was blatant. And he was doing that all afternoon. Now once or twice. But come on.

Any news back yet? Have the FA reversed the score? Has the ref given a full and frank confession that he took a bung, on Newsnight? Has the Easter bunny brought you a lucky egg for Swansea?

I look outside, hell is freezing over it seems. Hope you’re feeling better today?