We will be relegated

Guest Hillsborough Mole

39 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Really ? 

Really nothing is a given. I bet you apart from the obvious Mouriniho Etal pretty much every manager would say that their first priority is to stay in the league second is mid table security and last promotion 

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

1 win in 15. 15 games left.

Looking worse and worse, no end in sight to the injury crisis, manager seems incapable of getting the team to attack, no investment in any players during January to relieve the player shortages (other than the hapless Pelepussy).

Writing already on the wall, I'd expect us to be in the bottom 3 by the middle of March.

Only we could get relegated to Div 3 in our 150th year.  And go down without a fight.

We have had better seasons lol

1 hour ago, darra said:

At least two worse teams  below us in Burton and Sunderland expect Bolton to take 3rd spot. 

Would we have come back from 3 down at Bristol city?

Will we win at Sunderland?

Probably a no to both!

36 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Today he played Jones at centre half, reach centre midfield and fox left wing back.

We'd have been much more effective with fox centre half, Jones centre midfield and reach left wing back

I agree that I found the decision to play Jones centre half bizarre to say the least.

For me, it should have been a 4-2-3-1 with Jones and Pelupessy sitting in front protecting, and allowing Reach, Wallace, Joao and Nuhiu freedom to go and attack.

However, I genuinely think he's fearful of changing the system too much, and say what you want about Fox...but he's been an ever present in a defensive line that has kept five clean sheets in six games. And Reach has been part of that midfield three in the majority of those games as well.

I can totally understand Luhukay's reluctance to change things, even if I'd do something different myself. 

But 2 goals in 7 league games isn't good enough, and he's got to find a way of making us more threatening going forward. Either, he twists and plays better attacking players in the wing back positions, or he changes system. But, he risks making us less watertight at the back in doing so. 

Like I said, I really wouldn't want to be in his shoes at present. 

We’re having a very poor season, can’t wait until it’s over.

And the injury situation is a total farce.

I’m deeply concerned, as most sensible Owls should be given our plight. Relegation would put us in a right mess, that could take years to sort out.

But despite our injuries and the poor run we are on, we still have enough good quality players available to keep us up.

I really don’t know which way it will go, although just staying up as a result of theee worse teams (err obviously) would be my bet if pushed. I don’t blame JL one bit though. The injury situation is off the charts. Having practically your entire first team out would ruin most clubs, we’ve got half our reserves out now and starting to rely on the development squad. It’s insane.

50 minutes ago, darra said:

Really nothing is a given. I bet you apart from the obvious Mouriniho Etal pretty much every manager would say that their first priority is to stay in the league second is mid table security and last promotion 

Yes but not with the prices we pay to watch !!!

4-4-2 and the way we have been playing it hasn't worked for us for much of the season. Going 3-5-2 was the only real way forward with the players we have. Unfortunately this system relies on real quality in the wing-back positions in this system and we don't have that. We don't really have too much quality in the midfield 3 either certainly available at the moment. I think we need Bannan back asap plus maybe it's time for Boyd to start more regularly but I wonder whether Stobbs has nudged in front of Boyd today given him getting on today from the bench? Either way it's a difficult task for Lukuhay at the moment but he's making a decent fist of it with the resources available to him. If he can keep us up, I think he'll move us forward eventually.

51 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

We are in the Championship.

We could beat Derby on Tuesday and it wouldn't shock their fans.  They will have and we should have learned by now.

Beat Derby? Yea ok 

19 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Wow

So much negativity.

The boys battled today and could have even nicked it.

To say we're the worst side in the division beggers belief, yes we're struggling but there is a reason for that, we all know why.

We need to get behind the boys, not slag them.

And Barnsley should have won it with a pen 

19 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Wow

So much negativity.

The boys battled today and could have even nicked it.

To say we're the worst side in the division beggers belief, yes we're struggling but there is a reason for that, we all know why.

We need to get behind the boys, not slag them.

That 11 out there today are probably if not the poorest in this division , not saying the squad is 

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

Just as mad as Sunderland coming back from 3 down at Bristol City.

Yea but we wont score 3 goals which was my point about the Sunderland result today, I honestly can't see where we will get a win , we are struggling to score, 1 shot on target today again , it's so fizz.in frustrating