We will be relegated

Guest Hillsborough Mole

At this stage of the season teams at the bottom start pulling results out of the hat. It will happen this season it always does. You should never rely on other teams losing and look to yourselves. Birmingham, Burton and Barnsley have all been played in the last 2 months and we have looked second best to them all. So in respect to turning form around it seems we have further to travel. Hence the concern. 

1 minute ago, Ronio said:

I personally don't think we will get relegated.  Yes, we have too many players out injured, but once they start coming back into the fold, it will give us a huge boost.

It will be a long slog across the finish line though. 

Totally agree and the last 5 match form doesn't point that way either.

Owls           DDDLD

Barns          LWLLD

Sund           LWLLD

Burt Al         LLLLD

Even Notts Forest who are one point above us seem to be in freefall        LWLLL

Agree we need a win and it will come.

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think Forest could drop. 18 defeats in 31 games. That would worry me if I supported them. As bad as we are I don't see us losing many games. However how many games are we going to win?

No chance.  They’ve made some great signings in the transfer window.  And Karanka’s record at this level speaks for itself; very impressive manager IMO.

This is a team that battered Arsenal and beat Wolves away last month.

1 hour ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

You want to know who the other teams will pick points to against??

Us. No wins in 10 against the teams below is

Our overall record against the bottom 7 is extremely frustrating.  If only we could have turned some of those draws into wins, the whole season looks different.  That last-minute collapse against Hull in particular is starting to look like a season-defining moment.

In fairness though, we did comfortably beat Reading 2 weeks ago and they are below us in the league.

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Need hooper and forestiri back if we are to avoid drop .this side aint capable of winning games , apart from nuhiu pen we didn't have a shot on target all game and that was against a team with 6pts from 14 games , this team wouldn't compete even in league 2 .

This team has won one and drawn one against League 2 opposition.

Thats promotion form

lol

13 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Totally agree and the last 5 match form doesn't point that way either.

Owls           DDDLD

Barns          LWLLD

Sund           LWLLD

Burt Al         LLLLD

Even Notts Forest who are one point above us seem to be in freefall        LWLLL

Agree we need a win and it will come.

We'll beat Derby 

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

1 win in 15. 15 games left.

Looking worse and worse, no end in sight to the injury crisis, manager seems incapable of getting the team to attack, no investment in any players during January to relieve the player shortages (other than the hapless Pelepussy).

Writing already on the wall, I'd expect us to be in the bottom 3 by the middle of March.

Only we could get relegated to Div 3 in our 150th year.  And go down without a fight.

If you're that confident can I have a bet with you that we don't?

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 hour ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Wow

So much negativity.

The boys battled today and could have even nicked it.

To say we're the worst side in the division beggers belief, yes we're struggling but there is a reason for that, we all know why.

We need to get behind the boys, not slag them.

Not slagging the players at all. Theyre making the best of it, well most of them. Some of them just arent good enough.

40 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

If you're that confident can I have a bet with you that we don't?

37 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

I'll have some of that as well

As I said earlier to Daveyboy. Given the odds are currently 16/1 - will do a deal. Instead of betting £50 with him - will bet based on the odds.

So - I'll put £150 up - against £15 of you guys prepared to do the same, if we stay up - I pay a charity £150. If we go down, 15 people pay a charity £150. Seems fair to me. You need to speak to Daveyboy

3 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

1 win in 15. 15 games left.

Looking worse and worse, no end in sight to the injury crisis, manager seems incapable of getting the team to attack, no investment in any players during January to relieve the player shortages (other than the hapless Pelepussy).

Writing already on the wall, I'd expect us to be in the bottom 3 by the middle of March.

Only we could get relegated to Div 3 in our 150th year.  And go down without a fight.

I blame Owlstalk

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Hillsborough Mole said:

And the fans. Don't forget those fans

Owlstalk

And the part timers who don’t attend every single game Home and Away and testimonials, pre season friendlies, under 23 games and fans forums

its all their fault

none of em go to any games anyway really do they?

its their fault 

Owlstalk Shop