Adam Reach

Adam Reach has been consistently our best player this season. Obviously that is in the relative context of a wretched season all round, but that doesn't alter the fact.

That some people still seek to slate him, tells you everything you need to know about a section of our fanbase. Rather than praise the lad for being one of the few players putting in performances week in week out, instead we say "he's still not good enough"... Great idea... Let's drag him down n all...

Sometimes I think we get what we deserve.

8 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

21aqbc.jpg

Atherton was woeful in his final season, and not very good in the couple before that, but he did play well enough in the first two. Given some of the pitiful players we've seen here since he left the club, I doubt he could possibly feature in the top 50 of the worst ones at the very least.

He was player of the year once. As for that being evidence that fans prefer triers rather than those with skill, five of the next six winners were Degryse, Di Canio, Carbone, Alexandersson and Sibon.

Alright then. Tell me if every word of what I’m saying is wrong in this post then.

Didn’t the signings of the likes of Atherton, Nolan, Pearce, Coleman etc. turn us from a decent side into a struggling side that eventually got relegated and the following summer these world class stalwarts like Atherton and Nolan couldn’t wait to f**k off to Bradford. Disagree with this then :biggrin:

6 hours ago, s6 owl said:

If we get stupid money for him in the summer I’d let him go. Works hard but never been a top end championship player, people are just overrating him because he works hard, speaks well and has a good attitude in general.

Nowhere near the same quality as a fit FF and KL.

Neg away.

Do you think he is far behind Sam Clucas or Chris Brunt?

Adam will be a Prem player by the 19/20 season. I could see offers this Summer, which surely he would want to accept.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Do you think he is far behind Sam Clucas or Chris Brunt?

Adam will be a Prem player by the 19/20 season. I could see offers this Summer, which surely he would want to accept.

He is no where near the quality of Chris Brunt, Brunt left us when he was 23 and a much better player than 25 year old Adam Reach.

10 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Alright then. Tell me if every word of what I’m saying is wrong in this post then.

Didn’t the signings of the likes of Atherton, Nolan, Pearce, Coleman etc. turn us from a decent side into a struggling side that eventually got relegated and the following summer these world class stalwarts like Atherton and Nolan couldn’t wait to f**k off to Bradford. Disagree with this then :biggrin:

No problem with that assessment at all.

:carlosswfc:

30 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

He can’t tackle.  Never been a wing back. 

He has played wing back more than in any other position prior to joining us. In my opinion, he is a natural wing back. The back 3’s job is to defend, the wing back’s role is to provide width up and down that flank and he is perfectly suited to it. At the moment, we are playing 5-3-2, it should be a 3-5-2 formation. 

If we ever get our midfielders back, he’s nowhere near as good as Bannan or Lee who are very good central midfield players.

On 10/02/2018 at 15:59, Dylan93 said:

He gives 100% every game and has scored a few screamers this year. But, he never seems to have that quality to make a killer pass or cross to cut teams up

I agree with this.

His final ball/decision making is poor a lot of the time.

I don’t think he played particularly well yesterday. 

13 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Adam Reach has been consistently our best player this season. Obviously that is in the relative context of a wretched season all round, but that doesn't alter the fact.

That some people still seek to slate him, tells you everything you need to know about a section of our fanbase. Rather than praise the lad for being one of the few players putting in performances week in week out, instead we say "he's still not good enough"... Great idea... Let's drag him down n all...

Sometimes I think we get what we deserve.

Great post pal.

He was bar far the best player on the pitch yesterday and wouldn't be surprised if someone comes in for him at the end of the season.

Some people don't seem to be able to let go of the fact he had some poor games when CC was playing him totally out of position at left back.

I have friends who are Barnsley fans, who all tell me they wish he was on their books after seeing him yesterday.

Come on people get positive, we can't change the injury situation as it is but we can get behind the guys and show them support.

On 2/10/2018 at 15:11, Lincs Owl said:

No. Some bloke rang up Radio Sheffield and told us all that Reach had had a poor game.  Seconds earlier he'd told us he enjoyed the commentary.

So he didn't go.  Loads of people who don't go say he's rubbish.  The rest of us must be blind. 

Wasn't Mick the Mansfield Owl was it? He was on Friday night saying how awful we are, he hadn't been to any games but his son went to Burton and Birmingham games.

Edited by bradowl

He was beyond bad on Saturday. Neshed every tackle, run into trouble, didn't create anything.

But he's not a central midfielder, and, he's capable of a goal from nowhere. Hit a shot from 25 yards that went over the bar, but only by a few inches. Had it gone in it'd have taken the netting with it. 

I like him, but he's clearly a wide player played out of position. 

Butterfield, Jones and Pelupessy central, Reach and Palmer wing backs. Dave and Joao up top. Van Aken, Venancio and Pudil defence. Wildsmith int net. 

Sorted. 

Should squeeze to safety.

22 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

He was beyond bad on Saturday. Neshed every tackle, run into trouble, didn't create anything.

But he's not a central midfielder, and, he's capable of a goal from nowhere. Hit a shot from 25 yards that went over the bar, but only by a few inches. Had it gone in it'd have taken the netting with it. 

Butterfield, Jones and Pelupessy central, Reach and Palmer wing backs. Dave and Joao up top. Van Aken, Venancio and Pudil defence. Wildsmith int net. 

Sorted. 

id rather have reach central than Butterfield. He needs to be kept as far far away from the centre as possib

3 hours ago, W H I T E Y said:

Sorted. 

Put in more tackles than anyone on the Barnsley team.

barns_sheffwed.thumb.PNG.905184898a92d8dd01716228c4768810.PNGbarns.thumb.PNG.ea6b8ee2c50e1d0a1346ea74e3589434.PNG

2 hours ago, leono said:

Put in more tackles than anyone on the Barnsley team.

barns_sheffwed.thumb.PNG.905184898a92d8dd01716228c4768810.PNGbarns.thumb.PNG.ea6b8ee2c50e1d0a1346ea74e3589434.PNG

We didn’t need to do much of that though did we? We dominated the game. 

If you disagree and think Reach is a centre mid who likes a tackle, happy days. I’m saying he’s a cracking wide player and wasted out of position, and also giving opponents a head start because then you’ve Fox as a wing back who gets rinsed by pace every week. Isgrove should have been done for murder...