Adam Reach

9 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Reach and Joao are the only positives at the moment. Two men can't save a team. The rest need to do better. 

I'm not sure what the rest have to offer though, sadly - they're mostly just not very good or over-the-hill.  I don't think its that they need to pull their fingers out, try harder and perform better, I think they are what they are.  You can hide 2 or 3 in your team at once, but not 8 or 9.

I'm not a fan. He'll run around all day but very rarely puts any real quality deliveries in consistently and seeing he's seen as our most available creative force at the moment this is one of the reasons we are creating and scoring sod all.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

I'm not sure what the rest have to offer though, sadly - they're mostly just not very good or over-the-hill.  I don't think its that they need to pull their fingers out, try harder and perform better, I think they are what they are.  You can hide 2 or 3 in your team at once, but not 8 or 9.

I agree in part, there isn't sufficient quality available to do very well. But, surely senior players like Jones, Wallace, and Rhodes etc should be more influential than they currently are. Reach and Joao are the only ones having a good go. 

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I'm not a fan. He'll run around all day but very rarely puts any real quality deliveries in consistently and seeing he's seen as our most available creative force at the moment this is one of the reasons we are creating and scoring sod all.

Its hardly the point at the minute is it?

He's better than what we have available....

If even a poor player is better than any other option...

13 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Just wish he was prepared to try a tackle every now and then.

He can't tackle/defend- I've been sayingthat for months, but he does have qualities we haven't got anywhere else on the pitch at the moment, and despite being captain of the Titanic he hasn't headed for the lifeboats yet.

6 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Oh I just f****n give up.

Any grasp or any sort of realistic appreciation as to what certain players offer, sinks to new levels every week.

Don't want to get personal and call people 'brain dead', because that assumes they would have been 'brain alive' at some point.

Bit of a flounce

10 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Nail on the head.

Wouldn't get in any starting 11 of the top 6 in this league.