Adam Reach

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

Just wonder what you base your observations on and how you dismiss him so completely when other people (probably the majority now) see what I see.

Nobody is dismissing him completely. He is in the side as the attacking midfielder and is there to create for us. Not a lot is being created , he is neat , tidy and usually plays it safe. He doesn't win many tackles and lets face it he neshes most of them. As I said extremely over rated.

can only play lwb in this formation , hes work rate and pace are his positives. he’s not creative enough and doesn’t get stuck in enough to play cm. wallace is much better suited. Not sure how so many ppl rate him so highly , I’d let him and Rhodes go for 10m to get some of the wasted funds back. 

4 hours ago, bubbleowl said:

Bit harsh on peter atherton

One of the worst players I've ever seen in a Wednesday Shirt. I think he won the player of the season twice. Tells you all you need to know about our fanbase that they'll always praise a trier before a decent player.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

One of the worst players I've ever seen in a Wednesday Shirt. I think he won the player of the season twice. Tells you all you need to know about our fanbase that they'll always praise a trier before a decent player.

Who this decent player

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

21aqbc.jpg

Atherton was woeful in his final season, and not very good in the couple before that, but he did play well enough in the first two. Given some of the pitiful players we've seen here since he left the club, I doubt he could possibly feature in the top 50 of the worst ones at the very least.

He was player of the year once. As for that being evidence that fans prefer triers rather than those with skill, five of the next six winners were Degryse, Di Canio, Carbone, Alexandersson and Sibon.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Owling said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Chansiri says "no ones for sale"

yea my big fear is he is a hoarder, I thought we would have seen some leaving in January aside the injury (cough) crisis. 

We should be blooding some young un's. 

Goal assists this season according to a combination of whoscored.com and BBC (some discrepancies between them so I used the highest number for each player)...

6 Reach                              

3 Hooper, Matias, Nuhiu

2 Bannan, Wallace

1 Butterfield, Fletcher, Fox, Hunt, Lee, Lees, Rhodes

Edited by DJMortimer

9 minutes ago, CANbus_nz said:

We should be blooding some young un's. 

You're kidding, right?

Since Luhaky arrived at the club (just 8 games ago), Ashley Baker, Sean Clare, Cameron Dawson, Connor Kirby, Frederik Nielsen, Connor O'Grady, Jack Stobbs and Jordan Thorniley have all been in the squad. Five of those had never made a senior appearance before. The other three had just 11 between them.

9 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

No. Some bloke rang up Radio Sheffield and told us all that Reach had had a poor game.  Seconds earlier he'd told us he enjoyed the commentary.

So he didn't go.  Loads of people who don't go say he's rubbish.  The rest of us must be blind. 

Sums up majority of callers to RS. Surprised half of them are capable of dialling the correct number. It's all a bit embarrassing tbh, I can only stomach about 10 minutes at most before stapling my ears shut.

If we get stupid money for him in the summer I’d let him go. Works hard but never been a top end championship player, people are just overrating him because he works hard, speaks well and has a good attitude in general.

Nowhere near the same quality as a fit FF and KL.

Neg away.