I feel sorry for Jos

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

I wouldn't play that formation ...hunt ,fred ,thornily reach at the back  jones & joey in front of them Wallace & boyd further forward .........I don't like playing reach at left back but the only other option is fox and that's no option at all in reality . 

your right about fox,who watched him before we bought him?

Why feel sorry for him, he will be on good money, he knew what he was inheriting, its us the supporters I feel sorry for.

He will have my full support and I desperately want him to succeed and bring the success that we deserve.

If he is successful then he will get the praise with it, if not he must suffer the consequences, its his job.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Just watched the Birmingham game again

honestly don’t know what he can do for the Barnsley game other than select a slightly different starting lineup and just pray the players don’t make the same kind of gaffs and that the ref doesn’t make the same kind of decisions as the last game saw

Feel sorry for him

Agree Neil.

He can only play the players available to him now, and he doesn't have a great deal to pick from in an attacking sense.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

honestly don’t know what he can do for the Barnsley game other than select a slightly different starting lineup and just pray the players don’t make the same kind of gaffs and that the ref doesn’t make the same kind of decisions as the last game saw

Feel sorry for him

Maybe playing more than 1 midfielder might help him a little.

The guy has certainly been thrown in the deep end. I felt for him on Saturday. None of this is his fault. He's come in and stopped the rot. The problem is we dont seem to have the character in the squad of players avbailable currently to make it not about stopping the rot, but to then kick on. Saturday was the perfect opportunity to do that. We've take good results against them lot, Cardiff and Boro. We were playing the whipping boys on Saturday and the players served up the same performance as they did the last time they played the whipping boys. 

This kind of performance takes the wee wee out of the fans. I'm not 100% sure but I bet if you walked up to Hillsborough on Saturday you would have been asked to pay £36 for that. Value for money? Not in the slightest. If i'd have paid my money over the counter as a walk up i'd have got 1 minute of football per £1 spent. I left on 38 minutes as I couldn't sit there and watch Butterfield and Fox don the shirt and mug me off by giving me back performances like they put in. I thought we were done with having players like this on our books. Its why we pay the most in the league for our tickets, because we pay to see quality players. Good one Mr Chairman!

11 hours ago, torryowl said:

he could do himself a favour  by putting Wallace,boyd,rhodes,hunt .joao and jones in the team .......they may not be world beaters but they sure are better than some that started against brum .......palmer, fox loovens , butterfield and dave need binning and with matias /pudil out as well he needs to make wholesale changes coz that wasn't acceptable on Saturday .  

So, what would be your line up at Barnsley then?.

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

So, what would be your line up at Barnsley then?.

wildsmith 

hunt 

fred

thorniley

reach 

joey

jones 

Wallace 

boyd 

Rhodes 

joao 

that's what i'd do though I think jos will stick with 5-3-2 

i feel very sorry for jos ,this is a huge job even for someone experienced in championship like Warnock,mccarthy etc . what an earth is he supposed to do with players he has available,he can  try to make them compact and not concede ,which he did up to brum but with refs like him Saturday and having wildsmith go from been best keeper in country since boxing day to like having a timid schoolboy in the net for the day. all I know is wildsmith wont make the gaffs at Barnsley and ref be more on our side . as for scoring goals ,who is exactly going to score for us for rest of season? chansiri has clearly told jos on deadline day there is no funds for having another wage on the books.jos admitted they didn't talk to anyone deadline day. 

2 hours ago, ramone said:

The guy has certainly been thrown in the deep end. I felt for him on Saturday. None of this is his fault. He's come in and stopped the rot. The problem is we dont seem to have the character in the squad of players avbailable currently to make it not about stopping the rot, but to then kick on. Saturday was the perfect opportunity to do that. We've take good results against them lot, Cardiff and Boro. We were playing the whipping boys on Saturday and the players served up the same performance as they did the last time they played the whipping boys. 

This kind of performance takes the wee wee out of the fans. I'm not 100% sure but I bet if you walked up to Hillsborough on Saturday you would have been asked to pay £36 for that. Value for money? Not in the slightest. If i'd have paid my money over the counter as a walk up i'd have got 1 minute of football per £1 spent. I left on 38 minutes as I couldn't sit there and watch Butterfield and Fox don the shirt and mug me off by giving me back performances like they put in. I thought we were done with having players like this on our books. Its why we pay the most in the league for our tickets, because we pay to see quality players. Good one Mr Chairman!

I thought he'd stopped the rot but after Saturday I'm not so sure.

Agree he's up against it though. Time will tell if he's up to it.

Guest RocketOwl
14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Feel sorry for him

Why?

No one fault sorry for Carlos

Does seem like he will do very well to keep this shower of sh*t up.

We were under performing before our entire first team mysteriously vanished off the face of planet and now the new manager is having to work with the second string.

It's not a good situation and a defeat against Barnsley will really get the alarm bells ringing.

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Feel sorry for him

I have a plan it is a little out there so bare with me.

I think what we could do is stop picking crap, not good enough players and instead give young hungry players or fringe players a game.

Get rid of Fox, Buttercup, Nuihu and instead give players who want to play a chance.

My team for the next game

Dawson,

OGrady/Venancio/Thornley

Pelupessy

Boyd  / Jones /  Clare / Reach

Joao/Rhodes

We have inexperience at the back with a club captain to marshal them (for him old team)

We have legs on the wing with pace and ability

We have strength down the middle but an unknown quantity in Clare for us and Barnsley

Then up front we have pace and the best striker in the division when in the 6 yard box and getting service.

We play to our strengths and I think it was Shaun Goater that if you feed the goat he will score - this is Rhodes without service he is an expensive mistake with crosses into the 6 yard box he is a very potent weapon. Jos needs to start playing to his strength and that is not with suspect full backs and a play who does 0 -60 meters in over an hour. Drop Wildsmith he is a kid but he needs to learn basic mistakes have consequences he will either learn from it or he is not as good as we all said he was. 

Jos is at a cross roads this early into his tenure if we fail to beat Barnsley I cannot see him lasting that long - Stuart Gray with the team we have available now would be grinding out results   His team last game of the season 2015 Kirkland, Vermijl, Lees, Buxton, Helan, Lee, Semedo, Melo, Maguire, Keane, Lavery went to Watford and got a point compare to the players we have this team was poor.          

20 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Why?

No one fault sorry for Carlos

Well to be fair Rocket,  Carlos walked into a club where Stuart Gray had managed to turn us into a well disciplined defensive side capable of clean sheets for fun on an absolute shoestring budget.  It needed tinkering along into the next phase.

Carlos came in , took on that strong base starting position, and was then allowed to strengthen the squad to the tune of £150m if the Chairman is to be believed.

Three years later we're no further on in realistic terms. 

Jos has walked into a club which is tightrope walking above the relegation zone precipice , he's been able to spend £465k (which only a nudge up from the legendary £350k of lore)

He's walked in and found a squad with no base fitness, an injury list longer than a John Sheridan bar bill , players devoid of any morale. A fan base that has had enough of what they are seeing after paying through the nose for top class football,  and he's having to stick in kids to plug the gaps and use a system he's not really a fan of just to try and help us get some points against the likes of Barnsley. 

Carlos has many issues to sort out at the end of his time with us. Lots to endure. Many of them of his own making.

Jos has many issues to sort out. None of them of his own making.