I feel sorry for Jos

15 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's the previous Captain and his crew who abandoned ship that should be culpable. 

It's the same squad that so many on here were saying was capable of automatic promotion under a manager that "wasn't clueless" (and that CC had in the playoffs twice), because no one seemed to factor in the injuries then.

The same squad that so many thought we just lacking in morale and needed a "proper manager" to get a tune out of.  No one seemed to factor in the injuries then either.

I'm all for giving Jos a couple of years because I don't like a manager carousel, but how long are you going to try and pin the blame on the last bloke?  Players like Matias are showing exactly why they never ever went near the line up under CC.

The only one responsible for the dreadful team selection is Jos.  If CC had fielded that line up there would be riots.

Edited by Indoor Owl

Don't know why we spend some much time harking back to Carlos's time.

He's gone and we can't change what happened.

Move on with Jos. Seems to be taking a thoughtful approach so far and trying to put out a team and shape on the basis of who is available including some neglected squad players and those coming through the academy.

3 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

It's the same squad that so many on here were saying was capable of automatic promotion under a manager that "wasn't clueless" (and that CC had in the playoffs twice), because no one seemed to factor in the injuries then.

The same squad that so many thought we just lacking in morale and needed a "proper manager" to get a tune out of.  No one seemed to factor in the injuries then either.

I'm all for giving Jos a couple of years because I don't like a manager carousel, but how long are you going to try and pin the blame on the last bloke?  Players like Matias are showing exactly why they never ever went near the line up under CC.

The only one responsible for the dreadful team selection is Jos.  If CC had fielded that line up there would be riots.

How long will I pin the farcical season this has become on the last bloke?

Until such time as Jos can genuinely be accused of causing us to be a wee wee tail-up. 

It might have been a 'dreadful selection' on Saturday. But two individual mistakes which no manager on Earth could be held accountable for in the first two goals.

And they were by players who I would suggest if he hadn't picked people would have said he was a nutter.  It's a no win situation for him in that sense. 

The two sendings off which were again beyond the managers control and extinguished any remote chance of us getting back in the game. 

29 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Tell me the line up he should have picked

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

Tell me the line up he should have picked

Boyd, Wallace, Hunt on the bench, as Rhodes can't even crack the 18?

And while I think Thornriley has a long way to go, Loovens has been awful this season and should be confined to working at the Wednesday Tap.

It's not even about naming a 'perfect' lineup, but there is some absolutely head scratching reasoning going on behind keeping Rhodes out of the 18 and starting a game with Wallace and Boyd on the bench given the current state of injuries.

That was an ideal team selection for you?  You wouldn't have made any changes?

Edited by Indoor Owl

13 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Boyd, Wallace, Hunt on the bench, as Rhodes can't even crack the 18?

And while I think Thornriley has a long way to go, Loovens has been awful this season and should be confined to working at the Wednesday Tap.

It's not even about naming a 'perfect' lineup, but there is some absolutely head scratching reasoning going on behind keeping Rhodes out of the 18 and starting a game with Wallace and Boyd on the bench given the current state of injuries.

That was an ideal team selection for you?  You wouldn't have made any changes?

Dont think Hunt and Boyd are fit to play for 90 mins, Rhodes is out for a reason (others are more likely to score than him)

My point is, the line up isnt ideal, I just think he has no options, i see all these emails saying its not offensive enough and we need more attacking midfielders, just who is that though?? Who do we play. They are either injured or suspended or not match fit.

If he'd picked that line up from a full compliment of players then i would be concerned

3 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

He didn't have nearly half of his squad missing for 100% of his games though as Jos has had so far.

Don't get me wrong. I was desperate for Carlos to get us up. And backed him right until the end even though I'd had grave doubts.  Even now I wish he'd managed to do it because I found him a warm and engaging man. If I could have wished success on any of our managers it would have been him.  And he did give us some great highs. 

But even to an optimist like me it became apparent he was losing his way.

I just find it incredible the apparent lack of patience, we seem to have with the new man when he's barely in the door and had no time to really stamp his own philosophy on the club.

19 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He didn't have nearly half of his squad missing for 100% of his games though as Jos has had so far.

Don't get me wrong. I was desperate for Carlos to get us up. And backed him right until the end even though I'd had grave doubts.  Even now I wish he'd managed to do it because I found him a warm and engaging man. If I could have wished success on any of our managers it would have been him.  And he did give us some great highs. 

But even to an optimist like me it became apparent he was losing his way.

I just find it incredible the apparent lack of patience, we seem to have with the new man when he's barely in the door and had no time to really stamp his own philosophy on the club.

You won't find any lack of patience from me: I'm of the opinion any manager needs at least a leash of three seasons of a free hand, including Jos.  But that isn't going to stop the raising of an eyebrow when a clanger of a managerial decision gets dropped.

My point was more that everyone still expected CC to be winning games and running table with nine starters injured, so I'm not sure why the same are willing to let Jos off the hook when he's stuck in the same mess.  Any manager, CC included, was pretty much screwed by the injuries.  I don't buy that it's all CC's fault in that department either - been having on going injury issues and literally sacked the entire medical staff and brought in new personnel to try and correct it.  Short of him trying to get into medical school to sort it out himself I don't see what more he could have done (don't give me the "no training" poo either, not a word to support it other than a wind up columnist).

We're just as screwed under Jos as we were under CC. 

Agree with you in principle though - some unrealistic expectations of the new manager here.

Edited by Indoor Owl
  • Thanks 1

You won't find any lack of patience from me: I'm of the opinion any manager needs at least a leash of three seasons of a free hand, including Jos.  But that isn't going to stop the raising of an eyebrow when a clanger of a managerial decision gets dropped.

It's a clanger because we lost though. No manager,  Jos, Carlos or Pep Guardiola could reasonably be blamed for two players dropping absolute clangers of the highest order or a referee sending off two players and leaving us with 9 men. 

We're just as screwed under Jos as we were under CC. 

Agreed.  I just think that Jos should be granted more patience than 4 league games before we start to hammer him. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

It's a clanger because we lost though. No manager,  Jos, Carlos or Pep Guardiola could reasonably be blamed for two players dropping absolute clangers of the highest order or a referee sending off two players and leaving us with 9 men. 

I think that team selection is one of the ugliest I've seen, that's what I was referring to.

Matias has been on the bench for a reason, it's a bit of a theme for him to come on, be mostly invisible and then get booked with a brain dead play.

Good news is lots of games to sort it all out before year end.

Edited by Indoor Owl

Just had a reyt tea.

Sister in law brings round 6 eggs off her chickens.

Bit of butter and olive oil in the pan.

Whisked 3 eggs up and a splash of cream.

Fried a bit of white onion and some sliced button mushrooms..

Pour the mixture in with plenty of seasoning..boom!.. brown bread and butter..pot of tea.

FFS.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

In the league, no wins, and only one goal scored We have to hope this isn't his honeymoon period

Given the circumstances he's walked into its about what we could expect. 

Honeymoon period in an arranged marriage. Uncomfortable. ..but let's see how things pan put before sleeping in different beds and getting onto the lawyers. 

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

Just had a reyt tea.

Sister in law brings round 6 eggs off her chickens.

Bit of butter and olive oil in the pan.

Whisked 3 eggs up and a splash of cream.

Fried a bit of white onion and some sliced button mushrooms..

Pour the mixture in with plenty of seasoning..boom!.. brown bread and butter..pot of tea.

FFS.

Seasoning as in salt and pepper?

.... Or something more?

Inquiring minds want to know