I feel sorry for Jos

Just watched the Birmingham game again

honestly don’t know what he can do for the Barnsley game other than select a slightly different starting lineup and just pray the players don’t make the same kind of gaffs and that the ref doesn’t make the same kind of decisions as the last game saw

Feel sorry for him

Owlstalk Shop

It was one of those days. Two bad individual mistakes in crucial parts of the pitch. A wee pipe for a ref.

We didn’t play so badly once we went to 433. 432 worked ok too, I’m not so sure about 431 though.

Them Dingles need to watch out for the backlash.

• Haha 2

In some ways it was a carbon copy of the derby- concede early, game plan goes out of the window. 

Keeper clanger- chasing the game from very early on.

What we need is a proper reaction- not the inept display we got at Birmingham away on the back of losing to the Blunts.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Ill only start feeling sorry for him if the fans turn.

i mean, put yourself in the managers seat before slating him on ere or at the stadium cos what can he do?

what could you do with all these injuries at the minute? hes already got our 2nd/3rd team players playing better than CC ever did. hes made us much tighter as a unit (with lesser players) barring a game with 2 individual errors putting us 2-0 down.

He needs time. even next season, dont forget CCs first season we was 19th after 6 games losing 3-1 at Burnley. pretty similar state last season after 6 games too, lost to Burton/Leeds/Ipswich early doors. 

I think Jos having to get thru a hard time during the run in with threadbare players will stand him in good stead for next season and a fully fit squad. 

gotta support him though or it could go boobies up before it has a chance to get good..

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

In some ways it was a carbon copy of the derby- concede early, game plan goes out of the window. 

Keeper clanger- chasing the game from very early on.

What we need is a proper reaction- not the inept display we got at Birmingham away on the back of losing to the Blunts.

That game at Birmingham we deserved to win, might not have been a stellar performance but we did merit 3 points.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

he could do himself a favour  by putting Wallace,boyd,rhodes,hunt .joao and jones in the team .......they may not be world beaters but they sure are better than some that started against brum .......palmer, fox loovens , butterfield and dave need binning and with matias /pudil out as well he needs to make wholesale changes coz that wasn't acceptable on Saturday .  

Edited by torryowl

3 minutes ago, qantas said:

That game at Birmingham we deserved to win, might not have been a stellar performance but we did merit 3 points.

I thought we were safety first against a team that were on a terrible run at the time and paid the price. All about opinions though

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

To be fair Chansiri pulled the trigger on Carlos too late. Understatement i know but i just mean that he should have sacked Carlos wayyyy before he did. This done sooner would have give any manager we got some real time to evaluate the squad and move some players in and out through The open window.

Instead Jos had to do all his evaluations while the window was open and in just a few short weeks. No real time to set up targets to cover any weaknesses he might have identified. Chansiri needed to act quicker but at the same time he did what i guess he thought was right at the time too. Dont for a second think he wanted to hurt the club intentionally by not sacking Carlos sooner.

Just now, torryowl said:

he could do himself a favour  by putting Wallace,boyd,rhodes,hunt .joao and jones in the team .......they may not be world beaters but they sure are better than some that started against brum .......palmer, fox loovens , butterfield and dave need binning and with matias out as well he needs to make wholesale changes coz that wasn't acceptable on Saturday .  

I don’t think you’re far wrong, although I’m not sure there’s room for Wallace and Boyd in this formation- unless you maybe play Boyd off Joao or Rhodes.

I can't type it out again so going to quote something I put in another thread earlier.

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think he's working in conditions and circumstances that are totally unprecedented.  The decline has been building IMO since Wembley. 

The injuries , suspensions, lack of team morale might take more than this season to sort.  In fact I am 100% certain they will take longer than this season to sort out. 

Would it be his fault if we went down?

Partly. But I would say that the shitestorm we find ourselves in started long before his arrival. He'll just be the unfortunate man found with his hand on the rudder when the coast guard find the HMS Wedneaday. 

BoatSentinel1.png.b8471ed1c843a373c7328bcc5362c83a.png

I think if we sacked him for the cockup this season has become, when all he's done wrong so far is lose one game due to some individual errors by players who have only had a chance because of an injury crisis beyond anything I can ever recall then we'd be the shallowest and shortsighted we've ever been as a fan base. 

It's the previous Captain and his crew who abandoned ship that should be culpable. 

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I don’t think you’re far wrong, although I’m not sure there’s room for Wallace and Boyd in this formation- unless you maybe play Boyd off Joao or Rhodes.

I wouldn't play that formation ...hunt ,fred ,thornily reach at the back  jones & joey in front of them Wallace & boyd further forward .........I don't like playing reach at left back but the only other option is fox and that's no option at all in reality . 

The only criticism I have so far is that we haven't brought in any players on loan or transfers other than Pussycats, but I suppose that is more down to the board and based on our FFP situation. 

Jos really does have a tricky one on his hands if the likes of FF, Lees, Westwood, Bannan, Hooper, Fletcher and Lee are ALL injured long term, i'm sure when he signed he wasn't under the impression he would be without integral first teamers for the rest of the season. 

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

To be brutal.

He picked that team.

There was a couple of work horses on the bench, that would have contributed more than those on the pitch.

Take sentiment away from every situation, they get paid handsomely to fight for the shirt.

That may well be true, but its easy to put names on paper.

hes had to juggle a ridiculously thin squad with sat/tue games lately. always with one eye on the next game. 

I can pick a team from the few available that i would have preferred on saturday, but its BS as i dont know whos carrying knocks, who isnt 100%. 

Hes more threadbare right now than Dave Jones & Stuart Gray ever were. in a much harder league.

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just watched the Birmingham game again

honestly don’t know what he can do for the Barnsley game other than select a slightly different starting lineup and just pray the players don’t make the same kind of gaffs and that the ref doesn’t make the same kind of decisions as the last game saw

Feel sorry for him

Im going to put my tin hat on... but... 

I would have been far happier and far more confident of staying up with Megson, or an equivalent I.e. someone who knows the English leagues, at the helm than jos. 

• Like 1