I feel sorry for Jos

FFS, we are STILL 7 points clear of the drop zone, those panicking nead to seriously take a chill pill.

Jos in his short tenure has done well, he has stabilised us and if nothing else he saved us from embarrasment at the Stain, surely that alone should buy him sometime amongst us, unless you’re a pig fan that is ?

• Thanks 1

Stick with the 3 it suits us just need to utilise our players better. Reach is better in CM but at the moment he has to play wing back simple as. Hunt is getting fitter should be the other one Saturday. 

May come to early for van Aken and Lees Saturday but Thornley needs to start. So back 3 picks itself.

Jones in for buttercup then Wallace Boyd or Clare to take Reachs spot. 

Pace up top on Joao and Matias. 

Stay solid wing backs with energy to get forward and pace in attack we’ll have a good chance.

44 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I can't type it out again so going to quote something I put in another thread earlier.

Below is the original photo, did you photoshop "Doyen" on yours in an attempt to make some sort of point?

hms-ptl.jpg.1286f919e11b958ff1d583119b279a03.jpg

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Nothing wrong with 3 centre halves. It was individual mistakes not a formation problem last weekend.  It's been working.  The problem is that Palmer and Fox are garbage.  Your wing backs are the most important players in this formation and they are awful.  Hunt isn't great but he's better than Palmer.  Reach is woeful at left back but I believe wing back could be perfect for him.  With Bannan and Lee both out( both perfect for this formation too) then it has to be Jones and Pelupessy with either Boyd or Wallace.  Joao and Matias/Rhodes up front.  It ain't perfect but it's the best we have till players get fit.

42 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

The only criticism I have so far is that we haven't brought in any players on loan or transfers other than Pussycats, but I suppose that is more down to the board and based on our FFP situation. 

Jos really does have a tricky one on his hands if the likes of FF, Lees, Westwood, Bannan, Hooper, Fletcher and Lee are ALL injured long term, i'm sure when he signed he wasn't under the impression he would be without integral first teamers for the rest of the season. 

Why would anybody neg this? Bizarre.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Just watched the Birmingham game again

honestly don’t know what he can do for the Barnsley game other than select a slightly different starting lineup and just pray the players don’t make the same kind of gaffs and that the ref doesn’t make the same kind of decisions as the last game saw

Feel sorry for him

Jos has been handed a crock of poo to work with ,and no time to change owt before the window shut. It wont be until the summer that he can start and sort out the mess he inherited. 

Given the way the season has panned out.  The Play-off hangover. The incredible injury list.  The state of the squads general fitness.  The clearly low morale , the terrible football and erosion of fan backing. Then I think under the circumstances he'll have done ok if he stops us sliding towards the relegation Trapdoor come the 6th of May. 

If people were thinking that he'd able to come in ( 3/4's of the way into  a season which I don't think it would be going too far to describe as a crisis point) - and have us flying up the table with a series of barnstorming wins then I think we've been watching too many cartoons. 

9 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

In some ways it was a carbon copy of the derby- concede early, game plan goes out of the window. 

Keeper clanger- chasing the game from very early on.

What we need is a proper reaction- not the inept display we got at Birmingham away on the back of losing to the Blunts.

Must admit that crossed my mind on Saturday too. It just reminded me of the Blunts game.