CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

Like all chairman when we look back on this period in the future he will be judged on his managerial appointments and where we're were when he joined us and where we are when he leaves us. 

He's done some good things and some bad things. 

Like McGee did. Like Richards did. Etc etc.

Just now, Hookowl said:

This doesn't mean they know anything about running a football club though, just that they are business men looking for a new business to invest in.

Or if they have enough money an expensive toy to play with (a bit like our owners son?).

Therefore maybe a good move, maybe not.

I agree but unfortunately football is like a runaway train at the minute. As I've said on here before they were discussing Harry Kane and his worth on the radio the other day. Transfer fees of £300 million were being talked about as being reasonable. You have Sanchez earning £500k a week. And believe it or not Gary Madine being sold for £6 million. Football clubs are turning into a rich mans toy Again listening to the radio they were discussing Sheik Mansour and how much he and his associates have spent at Man City and you are talking mobile phone number amounts of cash. Supposedly it's well over a billion pounds

21 minutes ago, darra said:

As long as he learns from his mistakes and by getting rid of Doyen and the appointing the new CEO it appears that he is. Out of interest what would your solution be Kivo?Him selling up?

For me he is still missing the most important piece of the jigsaw. An experienced football man to work alongside him . Someone who would pull DC  to one side and say " No , dont do this, its not good for the club " . A Howard Wilkinson , a Paul Aldridge . I firmly believe if he had a old football head running the day to day side of the club, many of the bad decisions taken regarding old , injury prone player on big fat contracts and wages wouldnt have happened. 

4 minutes ago, darra said:

Has he turned the money of though or has FFP turned it off? For my money its the latter

By my maths, just 1 senior player sale at a decent profit in next 12 months negates FFP.

Especially if its one of our frees (ie Boro offered £5 mill for Westy pre -season that DC turned down).

So, Lees, Bannon, Lee and maybe even Hirsty if he does one to EPL. 

But as you know, not just about cash.

Seems DC's chosen Huddders route but with £50 plus future tickets.

Problem with that, he doesn't have 20 years ' experience and contacts of Terriers' owner.

Hence, Doyen disasters.

19 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

His appointment of Katrien Meire was the last straw for me. Got nothing against her, and i'm prepared to give he's a chance, but for him to state that he'd scoured the world for a CEO for months and settle for someone with such an abysmal record leads me to believe that he's not going to improve on his decision-making. 

That moronic survey has her fingerprints all over it. 

It’s about time people started looking at where the true problems lie.

It wasn’t CC, it’s not even the players. It’s the folks behind the scenes who sanction the decisions. 

Im sure it will all come out in the fullness of time, but I can’t see anything other than  stagnation under the current leadership. 

Ive seen rubbish at Hillsborough in my time, but this is different, this is rubbish that’s costing everyone a lot of money! 

6 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

By my maths, just 1 senior player sale at a decent profit in next 12 months negates FFP.

Especially if its one of our frees (ie Boro offered £5 mill for Westy pre -season that DC turned down).

So, Lees, Bannon, Lee and maybe even Hirsty if he does one to EPL. 

But as you know, not just about cash.

Seems DC's chosen Huddders route but with £50 plus future tickets.

Problem with that, he doesn't have 20 years ' experience and contacts of Terriers' owner.

Hence, Doyen disasters.

I said to somebody the other day it wouldn't surprise me if Westwood isn't sold in the summer. Problem with him going pre season is we didn't know how far on Wildsmith was  so it would've been a gamble imo.

2 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

post-16047-0-76090500-1434843312_thumb.jpg

I know how you feel mate ...

I was absolutely crestfallen when I opened this thread 11 pages in ..

It upset me ....

I thought our Chairman had found a way of helping us with FFP and was releasing an album of Bob Hope covers .

This would have made a perfect birthday gift for my dear old mum .

Looks like it's a case no hope now 

Rather than Bob ...........lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I know how you feel mate ...

I was absolutely crestfallen when I opened this thread 11 pages in ..

It upset me ....

I thought our Chairman had found a way of helping us with FFP and was releasing an album of Bob Hope covers .

This would have made a perfect birthday gift for my dear old mum .

Looks like it's a case no hope now 

Rather than Bob ...........lol

lol

8 hours ago, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

Image result for pig

Where were ALL these businessmen BEFORE Mandaric bought it?

Seems Milan was better at Brinksmanship than the others....

You have to admit Wednesday have been unlucky in regard to the millions that flood football now....

Left the Prem before millions in parachute payments, watched Palace, Leicester Leeds Southampton, QPR 'Boro etc take the hit of admin, ...

Wednesday were too proud, Wednesday fans were too proud, nowt wrong with that I was dead against it at the time, as were the vast majority of us.

Neither the fans nor the club were in step with what football was becoming, now Wednesday fans are paying the price, and its too steep.

You can argue season tickets are reasonable, POTG is ridiculous, We have neighbours in the same division paying a load less and doing better...Its not only galling, its worrying

Sheffield is not a rich city and when push comes to shove and families want to go to football, the Sheffield Wednesday fan base will be slowly eroded as time goes on and the disparity continues...."Wednesday til we die"..

Yea...but what then?

Mr Chansiri gambled, we all did, on reaching the Premiership...He gambled by shelling out...We gambled by shelling out...It didn't work.

I doubt Wednesday fans will gamble  again, some can't afford to, some feel they have been taken for a ride...I simply think we f.ooked up...big style.

Should lower ticket prices mean a worse team?..I dunno...

Less money could well lead to more thrifty thought at boardroom level...cos that has gone totally wrong, the recruitment has been abysmal, there is no excuse for the money we have spaffed on players who are simply not up to it.

Where to now?....If these prices stay the same?...

More sermons about "Having patience"?.....Are there fans of any other club the size of Sheffield Wednesday that have been more patient?

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

If he learned from his mistakes I'd be right behind him.

He's had three years at it and not learnt from any mistakes - on the contrary, he actively seeks to pin blame on others instead. 

His appointment of Katrien Meire was the last straw for me. Got nothing against her, and i'm prepared to give he's a chance, but for him to state that he'd scoured the world for a CEO for months and settle for someone with such an abysmal record leads me to believe that he's not going to improve on his decision-making. 

Yes I would like him to sell up, but his financial input means no-one will buy us unless he accepts a massive loss, which he wont. 

I genuinely fear for the club while he remains in charge. 

If I were to make a prediction, it would be that he will take a back seat while investing only to keep us ticking over on the off chance that we get a manager/players who can get us back in the race for the PL. 

And as fantastic as getting to the PL would be, if we do manage it under Chansiri, I worry that that will put an end to any desire to ask questions of his ownership, which would be damaging long term. 

How can it be the last straw if we haven't given her a chance yet.

And how do you know how much he has scoured? We don't know so why jump to conclusions?

fizz me we were in at offs last May 2 games away from premier league. 

Ive seen someone say they held back what they thought since Preston away. 1 game after play offs in which (again) we were 2 games away from Premier league.

i bet you were moaning then too? That or sucking him off. 

Parasites and and hypocrites make up 99% of this site.

it used to be a good read on here, interesting, insightful, sometimes fun.

now.....

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You have one of them currently owning the club mate

True, and how long was Mandy looking, there wasn't exactly a queue was there.

Most were charlatans, just kicking the tyres.

We have Mr Chansiri, he has made mistakes and, hopefully, learned from them.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

True, and how long was Mandy looking, there wasn't exactly a queue was there.

Most were charlatans, just kicking the tyres.

We have Mr Chansiri, he has made mistakes and, hopefully, learned from them.

True and the majority of fans will hope he has learnt and move on and give him the benefit of the doubt, just as with the lady CEO, 2 sides to every story and nothing to do with our club what shenanigans went off at little Charlton Athletic, some of their overreacting bitter vindictive fans didn't exactly behave like angels in the public spat either going by some message boards and comments from other Charlton fans who didn't all agree with the mob pitchfork mentality of their fans group.

A tiny handful  of our fans don't like modernisation and change and will kick and scream and moan no matter what as they love it in the dark ages...

Personal grudges and agendas shouldn't come into it

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Ive seen someone say they held back what they thought since Preston away. 1 game after play offs in which (again) we were 2 games away from Premier league.

now.....

Mad isnt it.  

#wawaw dont forget 

30 minutes ago, Standidno said:

now.....

Ahhhhhh

So in other words people have dared post an opinion that isn't the same as yours

Thanks for clearing that up

Owlstalk Shop