CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I just want him to help us sort the club out and get us firing again

Hopefully he will do that

If we can stay safe in the Championship then we can write this season off, hopefully offload all the massive contracts, get some hungrier players in, and get George Hirst signed up

This is where we have big problems in my opinion Neil . How the hell do we get rid of old players on massive wages , big contracts who are always injured ? 

Most of them are  on their last big pay day and will be happy to see out their contract because they know they wont get another one as good anywhere else. Also , who the hell is going to take them ? 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

This is where we have big problems in my opinion Neil . How the hell do we get rid of old players on massive wages , big contracts who are always injured ? 

Most of them are  on their last big pay day and will be happy to see out their contract because they know they wont get another one as good anywhere else. Also , who the hell is going to take them ? 

I agree - it's the most worrying of all the issues we have right now

Big contracts

You know how big the contracts are when the Sky Sports pundits in the studio talk about it

Worrying

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I agree - it's the most worrying of all the issues we have right now

Big contracts

You know how big the contracts are when the Sky Sports pundits in the studio talk about it

Worrying

This is where Paul Aldridge would have been valuable ,because it would never have happened under his watch . 

In previous years we've had chairmen with no real money to invest

We've also have chairmen who have been relatively tight/sensible with the outlay

This time round we have an enthusiastic chairman happy to invest whatever it takes and have come unstuck

We (literally) can't win can we?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

We've also have chairmen who have been relatively tight/sensible with the outlay

This time round we have an enthusiastic chairman happy to invest whatever it takes and have come unstuck

lol

He's invested but not on the scale of Wolves. They've really gone for it.

We've gambled but you could argue he hasn't spent enough to really stack the odds in our favour. Ironically by gambling less money he's made it more of a gamble. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

We've gambled but you could argue he hasn't spent enough to really stack the odds in our favour. Ironically by gambling less money he's made it more of a gamble. 

We could have bought some upcoming young stars who are hungry as hell for promotion and bolstered them with the likes of Wildsmith, Borukov and George Hirst

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, rickygoo said:

Personally I'm chuffed to bits with the amount he's invested.

Just gutted it's been invested so badly, and the likes of Doyen have taken so much of it.

So wasteful.

Can’t be bothered going through this thread.

Does anyone think there’s something wrong with our Club at the moment? This is mainly down to our injury crisis. We still have 10 out injured and we don’t any detail on when these players are coming back. Moreover, Rhodes wasn’t in the 18 at the weekend. Look, I don’t rate him anyway, but it seems a ridiculous situation to have a £10m player not in the 18 man squad when you have 10 out injured.

Carlos seems to be doing very well at Swansea - I’m sure he walked and didn’t get sacked. It does make you wonder, doesn’t it? I’m not naive to the fact that I do blame Carlos for a lot of things, ie player fitness, formation etc but I think a lot of blame must go to the Chairman.

Something is definitely not right behind the scenes. I’m sure it will all come out in the wash.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

It’s all about how you spend the money innit tho. Having now seen the players we brought in, which would you have bought ? Seriously ? 

9 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Personally I'm chuffed to bits with the amount he's invested.

Just gutted it's been invested so badly, and the likes of Doyen have taken so much of it.

So wasteful.

Exactly.

Cant argue with amount of money spent but no thought or plan behind it.

Feel we could be in a lot better position with half the money spent but some longer term plan behind it.

Basically the idea was chuck a load of money about, get promoted and everything would be ok.

47 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

OP needs banning from the forum. 

Lord Chansiri is the best owner we’ve had but the problem is he’s a foreigner so that will stick in a lot of people’s craw. We really are the most racist city in the most racist country in the world. Feel so ashamed to have looked down upon the people of my hometown of Gillingham in favour of idolising the people of Sheffield. Looks like I was wrong.

Nothing to do with being racist.

Sheffield is a great city and the people are too ...many many people compliment this great city to me every day who are from all over the world ...the students love it too.

Gillingham however ....

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Exactly.

Cant argue with amount of money spent but no thought or plan behind it.

Feel we could be in a lot better position with half the money spent but some longer term plan behind it.

Basically the idea was chuck a load of money about, get promoted and everything would be ok.

It's fine chucking money, but to chuck it with no long term plan, or logic, all the time steered by Doyen is schoolboy.