CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

9 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Full of contradictions and emotional nonsense 

other than the asking him to go bit - what do you disagree with, where is the contradiction ?

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Saying nobody would want a Championship football club in the days of massive egos in business is like saying my morning coffee tasted like snow and marmite

Trouble is as I found that many many crooks want to dip their bread 

8 hours ago, Dronowl66 said:

Carlos identified players Chansiri gave them to him despite your Doyen are pulling the strings nonsense theories

Care to explain how you know this ?  in the face of evidence to the contrary

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Ok Neil, but where were all these businessmen when Mandric was trying to sell the club, or when he did buy the club?.

Apparently Mr Chansiri was 3rd choice known about that is  

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

You have one of them currently owning the club mate

luckily 

31 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

True, and how long was Mandy looking, there wasn't exactly a queue was there.

allegedly he looked in some very dark and dangerous corners 

9 hours ago, ANDY said:

When we’re doing good we have the best fans in the world. 

When we’re doing crapola we have the worst. 

Don't other fans from other club's have a good moan then, when things are dire? There's another club in our own city that are historically far worse at moaning than us.

Why do we have the worst fans in bad times ? Why so quick to state this ?

Don't Wednesday fans largely support greatly through thick and thin ? That said we're not idiots without a voice. 

UTO

9 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Full of contradictions and emotional nonsense 

Isn't that Owlstalk. We got mullied at home against Burton, lucky escape at Middlesborough and Birmingham. Lets see what peoples opinions are at the end of the season. The unthinkable at the beginning of the season might just  happened. Everything associated with the club at present is nothing short of being a shambles. Fact not emotional. Let folk make light of posts on here Deep down, they are to frightened to admit it on here. Its what you call the 'sheep' culture. Lets edge our bets and go with the majority. Yeah, right.  

10 hours ago, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

Ridiculous 

We have 13'000 empty f.ookin' seats..every home game..

Wednesday do nothing to try to fill those seats.......I'm a season ticket holder, but I would have no qualms if they gave them away for a fiver....

I buy my season ticket cos I know I'm gonna be daft enough to go every week...I enjoy going, the ups the downs the inbetween stuff..

Wednesday simply let these seats lie...unless some idiot forks out a ridiculous POTG price for them

All Wednesday Aren't We?

Some folk simply cannot afford it...We have to keep these fans on board, We have to keep families coming, Its the bloody future of the club...

There has to be some sort of system that fills these empty spaces at Hillsborough.

I know we are playing crap at the minute...Its never stopped me going...

Why have this bloody ludicrous amount of empty space when you could charge for it?

Why not try it out this season....?

Season ticket holders have paid already....Its gone totally t*ts up....

Why not in the survey ask summatt like

Would you have any objection to lowering POTG prices to £20 ..for fans who can't afford more....

How many of us would rail against that?

I wouldn't

Create a bloody atmosphere, because we are in a battle now....I don't know whether DC realises, but the spectre of relegation to League 1 is taking a more material form than mere smoke...

Get some of the fans back on board....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Wednesday do nothing to try to fill those seats.......I'm a season ticket holder, but I would have no qualms if they gave them away for a fiver....

I buy my season ticket cos I know I'm gonna be daft enough to go every week...I enjoy going, the ups the downs the inbetween stuff..

Wednesday simply let these seats lie...unless some idiot forks out a ridiculous POTG price for them

All Wednesday Aren't We?

Some folk simply cannot afford it...We have to keep these fans on board, We have to keep families coming, Its the bloody future of the club...

There has to be some sort of system that fills these empty spaces at Hillsborough.

Why have this bloody ludicrous amount of empty space when you could charge for it?

Would you have any objection to lowering POTG prices to £20 ..for fans who can't afford more....

I wouldn't

Create a bloody atmosphere, because we are in a battle now....I don't know whether DC realises, but the spectre of relegation to League 1 is taking a more material form than mere smoke...

Think there'd be a meltdown on here if he did.

:ghoulguy:

8 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Yeah lets use allen as a yard stick anything slightly above that as okay is it ?

So if we do go down to league 1 and lets say we struggle for a year or two down there are we still okay because its not DA?

lol

Of course not but it’s beyond ridiculous to call for chansiris head because our season has turned out to be shybo.

Just now, Hookowl said:

Think there'd be a meltdown on here if he did.

:ghoulguy:

Then it would be a totally short sighted one....

Chansiri has disenfranchised a shedload of fans....

Folk can folow for virtually f.ook all on I follow..a myriad of games live on Sky...

United charge prices that make our POTG laughable....

WE are losing fans...That will become evident next season unless something radical is adopted

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Folk can folow for virtually f.ook all on I follow..a myriad of games live on Sky...

WE are losing fans...That will become evident next season unless something radical is adopted

Not disagreeing with the idea I would love Hillsborough to be full every game, but after the numerous threads on here about ticket prices I still think there would be a total meltdown on here.

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Not disagreeing with the idea I would love Hillsborough to be full every game, but after the numerous threads on here about ticket prices I still think there would be a total meltdown on here.

Not a TOTAL meltdown mate...Theres a legion of f.ookers with a legion of opinions who don't bloody go

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I struggle to see what fans he has disenfranchised to be honest, attendances have increased and when he has lowered prices so called stay away fans have still not turned up! I agree that some on the POTG prices are high but as he said at the recent fans forum it's an easy choice, lower investment in the squad etc. Some fans will never be happy and that is their prerogative however he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Disagree and here's why

Debating how you feel on here is fine and part and parcel of football and social media

So long as it's constructive, honest, legal and is your opinion then what possible harm can it do?

Same as those who left at half time on Saturday. It's better to do that than it is to sit booing our players as they try to play isnt it?

The thing about debate is that the original poster feels one way (I don't agree Chansiri needs to go btw) and it's up to others now to post their opinions and points of view to offer an alternative side to it and possibly even end up changing each others minds on the matter

Either way - debate on the club is healthy and leads to improvements at the club - as said by Mr Chansiri and others recently 

:rolleyes:

Not quite sure why @nevthelodgemoorowl negged this post?

Be interesting to hear the reason instead of just having a neg on it?

Nev?

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

All Wednesday Aren't We?

I wouldn't

the way this seasons going we might have to beat Norwich to have a chance of stopping up ,that's probably when chansiri will do £10-20 tickets 

6 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I struggle to see what fans he has disenfranchised to be honest, attendances have increased and when he has lowered prices so called stay away fans have still not turned up! I agree that some on the POTG prices are high but as he said at the recent fans forum it's an easy choice, lower investment in the squad etc. Some fans will never be happy and that is their prerogative however he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Last sentence is certainly true. But that's the same of all Chairman isn't it.

Even when things are going well. Can only think of a handful of Chairman who get praise feom their clubs fans. Whelan and what he did for Wigan...the old chap at Blackburn in the 90's. 

Attendances are up. But how much of that was people gambling on the Premier league dream. People getting wrapped up in the...I'll not call them promises because they weren't. .but shall we say very positive statements about 'doing whatever it takes'.

The Wembley final will have brought some back, thinking we'd soon be getting more of the same and better.

The gates are up yes. But when the transfer kitty plummets with FFP as we keep being told it will,  and if we keep bumbling along I don't think it will last. 

God forbid if we dropped into the 3rd division.

Previously , back in the day, clubs might see a surge in attendances in a lower division with fans expecting they might have a chance of seeing a lot more goals and a lot more wins.

But these days and at these prices....I can't see people being tempted. Whether we have the potential to smash Mansfield or Accrington Stanley or not. 

• Like 1