CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

I do think he should consider selling. 

He like other owners probably thought of selling the club about 30 seconds after he signed the contract to buy the club.

46 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Can I just ask - where has this general consensus on Owlstalk that Doyen are involved no more come from? 

It's been said on here and in other social media. Is this not true then?

14 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Nothing wrong with us and Utd having different prices. Just like when you shop at Waitrose as opposed to Aldi you are looking at two different exeperiences. The wealthy people can go to Hillsborough and get the better stadium/teams/performances/clientele etc and if you are poorer or less off you can go to Bramall Lane instead. It’s a master stroke in my opinion, pricing out the asbo following and making sure the hardworking and well off can attend games. Will make for a much better match day experience in the long run.

This multiple signing in really isn't working well for you is it ?

LordRebowlRonash33ofAndover

FFS....

• Haha 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, darra said:

It's been said on here and in other social media. Is this not true then?

And thats it? The entire premise for it becoming accepted?

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

And thats it? The entire premise for it becoming accepted?

Well just shows you can't believe everything you read on here or social media.

56 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Can I just ask - where has this general consensus on Owlstalk that Doyen are involved no more come from? 

So are we to assume that they still are?. Or are they still involved but not as much or is it more? I'm confused. It's difficult keeping up not living in Sheffield 

Edited by darra

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Nothing wrong with us and Utd having different prices. Just like when you shop at Waitrose as opposed to Aldi you are looking at two different exeperiences. The wealthy people can go to Hillsborough and get the better stadium/teams/performances/clientele etc and if you are poorer or less off you can go to Bramall Lane instead. It’s a master stroke in my opinion, pricing out the asbo following and making sure the hardworking and well off can attend games. Will make for a much better match day experience in the long run.

What a massive pile of poo this post is lol

I’m kind of with the op to be honest. 

Ive enough proof myself to be worried, I put a post on social media a while ago about something that should be much improved and that I’d contacted the club to help for free and not heard anything back. I was contacted by someone at the couple who highlighted the fact his department was on a show string budget and were ‘doing the best they can with the resources available’. 

In addition to this ive heard some really worrying things about how the club is being run as well as how chansiri acts. 

As as the owner of a business myself, the buck stops with me, same with chansiri and when it comes to issues such as joe Palmer achieving zilch, shirts fiasco, corporate box sales, mismanagement of academy players contracts - the list of issues goes on, you have to be concerned for the future. 

All I’ve read on this post from those disagreeing with the op is the fact chansiri has lobbed a load of money in. So if that’s all he’s done and can do, but he’s now ran out, we are up the creek. 

Other than cash, it’s difficult to see what success has been achieved from chansiri in business terms. Off the pitch is a results based business too, we are struggling on both fronts. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

I've only been on here 6 months but it's the first time I've felt like abusing a fellow poster. 

I can't call you a fellow Owl.

8 hours ago, hawksmore said:

I’m kind of with the op to be honest. 

Ive enough proof myself to be worried, I put a post on social media a while ago about something that should be much improved and that I’d contacted the club to help for free and not heard anything back. I was contacted by someone at the couple who highlighted the fact his department was on a show string budget and were ‘doing the best they can with the resources available’. 

In addition to this ive heard some really worrying things about how the club is being run as well as how chansiri acts. 

As as the owner of a business myself, the buck stops with me, same with chansiri and when it comes to issues such as joe Palmer achieving zilch, shirts fiasco, corporate box sales, mismanagement of academy players contracts - the list of issues goes on, you have to be concerned for the future. 

All I’ve read on this post from those disagreeing with the op is the fact chansiri has lobbed a load of money in. So if that’s all he’s done and can do, but he’s now ran out, we are up the creek. 

Other than cash, it’s difficult to see what success has been achieved from chansiri in business terms. Off the pitch is a results based business too, we are struggling on both fronts. 

I think you make similar points to the OP 

The OP has been crucified for saying it though

lol

Owlstalk Shop

23 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I’ve stayed off here all weekend. I could’ve hung myself by now otherwise.

Could still happen by the end of this week but please don’t encourage it lol

This thread was too much. I topped myself last night. Drunk a bottle of vodka and took a bottle of pills. Slipped away in a coma.

RIP theowlsman.

Managed to find a way to communicate however.

It’s great on the other side btw. Just an alternative version of the previous universe you lot now live in.

Wednesday are sitting in second place in the Premiership, just a point behind Carlos’ Arsenal btw.

Oh yeah, and George Hirst is leading scorer for Man Utd with 27 goals.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Haha 1