CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Last sentence is certainly true. But that's the same of all Chairman isn't it.

Even when things are going well. Can only think of a handful of Chairman who get praise feom their clubs fans. Whelan and what he did for Wigan...the old chap at Blackburn in the 90's. 

Attendances are up. But how much of that was people gambling on the Premier league dream. People getting wrapped up in the...I'll not call them promises because they weren't. .but shall we say very positive statements about 'doing whatever it takes'.

The Wembley final will have brought some back, thinking we'd soon be getting more of the same and better.

The gates are up yes. But when the transfer kitty plummets with FFP as we keep being told it will,  and if we keep bumbling along I don't think it will last. 

God forbid if we dropped into the 3rd division.

Previously , back in the day, clubs might see a surge in attendances in a lower division with fans expecting they might have a chance of seeing a lot more goals and a lot more wins.

But these days and at these prices....I can't see people being tempted. Whether we have the potential to smash Mansfield or Accrington Stanley or not. 

I think what you are trying to say is context and I agree 100%

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I often wonder what it would be like if we got promoted to the Premiership and didn't get off to a good start

I tend to err on the side that it would be massively worse

lol

The fan base of our club sometimes makes me cringe and other times makes me proud as fornicate to be a Wednesdayite, but I agree that the pitchfork mob would be out no matter what division we are in.

5 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Obviously 

I think you are right that it was a shame to lose Aldridge but you point out the day to day control which he enjoyed under MM and was unlikely to be available under DC, hence the mole’s valid point, somewhat hidden in his brief comment.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I often wonder what it would be like if we got promoted to the Premiership and didn't get off to a good start

I tend to err on the side that it would be massively worse

lol

No way Neil...We would know that a massive parachute payment would be waiting if it went t*ts up....gives you the chance to build again...WEdnesday have never been in that fortunate position....

When Wednesday went down ..rewarding abject failure wasn't an option...these days its taken for granted

2 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

How can it be the last straw if we haven't given her a chance yet.

And how do you know how much he has scoured? We don't know so why jump to conclusions?

Guy who didn’t want a foreign owner doesn’t like the foreign owner.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Arsenal fans.

Whenever I start to think we are morons I always see what they are up to and then feel a lot, lot better about our supporters.

They are completely out of touch with the reality  of struggling football 

love to see some of the 'elite' teams relegated and see how their fans act then  

we've been through some sh*t and back and in again   tbh it's only then do you appreciate even relative success properly imo

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Arsenal fans.

Whenever I start to think we are morons I always see what they are up to and then feel a lot, lot better about our supporters.

Arsenal Fan TV...

"Ive had enuff Bruv....I mean when was the last time we won anyfink?"

"F.A cup last season Bruv"

"Exactly Bruv....

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, fred mciver said:

....but is it now time to go?

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

While you are clearly keen , it aint enough (remember Vardy et al?).

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

Despite your dosh and our £49s, we are now regressing and below where we were when you took over and sacked Gray.

Sadly, I'm afraid you only bring cash and enthusiasm and if the money's run out, you may wanna consider an exit.  

As Wolves etc have shown , you need funds and and / or serious footy experience - or parachute payments- for Championship success.

From Doyen to disaster, via prices , poor recruitment, shirt debacle , 150 year heritage celebrations problems,  plus no DOF and wrong executive appointments, I'm afraid your strategy has clobbered us.

We either get big new funds now for quality players with big sell on potential (see Wolves), or we stagnate for years while kids come through (but think Hirsty).

Finally, for balance, yes first year was great but that bubble burst when we bought some wasters on £30 k per week. Thank you anyway.

It's now decision time for this great club and its community. Do the right thing.

Massive agreement been saying it for a year

9 minutes ago, steelowl said:

They are completely out of touch with the reality  of struggling football 

love to see some of the 'elite' teams relegated and see how their fans act then  

we've been through some sh*t and back and in again   tbh it's only then do you appreciate even relative success properly imo

Liverpool fans in my work are the worst.

Guest RocketOwl

I do think he should consider selling. 

You can see whats happening here, and we are going to paint ourselves into a corner..

Chansiri, the survey....more or less saying "If we want to progress we have to keep anteing up"

Owls fans quite rightly saying..."We have paid up..Where in the name of f.ook is the progression?"

There hasn't been any has there...?

In fact the only option , bearing in mind the absolutely shoddy way the money has been spent..both Delphjons and ours..Is simply starting again...

Is there any point playing  the blame game..which actually started with Chansiri intimating that "Rhodes was purchased cos the fans wanted him"

Thats a ridiculous premise, because if he had that much respect for fans opinions, we would be trotting out in stripes and the f.ookin' emblem wouldn't look like Betty Boop having a f.ookin' orgasm ..would it?

If Chansiri does walk....He has to hold his hands up....because the fans are blameless....We have turned up in numbers, We have paid higher prices than EVERY other f.ooker in the league..and we are left with what...?

A promise of doing the same crap over again?

12 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Muppet !

Enough said !

12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You can see whats happening here, and we are going to paint ourselves into a corner..

Chansiri, the survey....more or less saying "If we want to progress we have to keep anteing up"

Owls fans quite rightly saying..."We have paid up..Where in the name of f.ook is the progression?"

There hasn't been any has there...?

In fact the only option , bearing in mind the absolutely shoddy way the money has been spent..both Delphjons and ours..Is simply starting again...

Is there any point playing  the blame game..which actually started with Chansiri intimating that "Rhodes was purchased cos the fans wanted him"

Thats a ridiculous premise, because if he had that much respect for fans opinions, we would be trotting out in stripes and the f.ookin' emblem wouldn't look like Betty Boop having a f.ookin' orgasm ..would it?

If Chansiri does walk....He has to hold his hands up....because the fans are blameless....We have turned up in numbers, We have paid higher prices than EVERY other f.ooker in the league..and we are left with what...?

A promise of doing the same crap over again?

I tend to agree with you but if he does go, hmm, what next ?