CHANSIRI - THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES....

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Disagree and here's why

Debating how you feel on here is fine and part and parcel of football and social media

So long as it's constructive, honest, legal and is your opinion then what possible harm can it do?

Same as those who left at half time on Saturday. It's better to do that than it is to sit booing our players as they try to play isnt it?

The thing about debate is that the original poster feels one way (I don't agree Chansiri needs to go btw) and it's up to others now to post their opinions and points of view to offer an alternative side to it and possibly even end up changing each others minds on the matter

Either way - debate on the club is healthy and leads to improvements at the club - as said by Mr Chansiri and others recently 

:rolleyes:

Ok fair enough, agreed it’s a place for debate, but I completely disagree with the original post and think it’s absolutely ridiculous to ask/want DC to leave, the club needs our support more than ever. WAWAW!! 

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How do you work that out?

Are you saying the club's in the position it's in because of the fans?

100% 

They ousted our best manager this millennium 

They whined and whined about his changing of the badge and kits like ungrateful children 

They complained about the pricing structure at the club forcing our saviour to try and appease them with this survey which STILL isn’t good enough.

One day he’ll leave and we’ll be up sh*t creek without a paddle, then who are people gonna blame?

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

Really does stagger me how many people are still convinced Chansiri is doing a good job. 

Honest intentions and a bottomless bank account aren't enough for me - you have to run the club well and his reign has had far more negatives than positives. 

Tens of millions spunked away on transfers and wages and then has the temerity to scapegoat the fans for future cutbacks. 

And STILL he can do no wrong in the eyes of many. 

That's simply not true.

Everyone on here believes he has made mistakes but don't all have the exact same opinion.

Some want him to leave, and some believe he deserves more blame than others etc..

2 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

100% 

They whined and whined about his changing of the badge and kits like ungrateful children 

They complained about the pricing structure at the club forcing our saviour to try and appease them with this survey which STILL isn’t good enough.

One day he’ll leave and we’ll be up sh*t creek without a paddle, then who are people gonna blame?

This .

6 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Really does stagger me how many people are still convinced Chansiri is doing a good job. 

Honest intentions and a bottomless bank account aren't enough for me - you have to run the club well and his reign has had far more negatives than positives. 

Tens of millions spunked away on transfers and wages and then has the temerity to scapegoat the fans for future cutbacks. 

And STILL he can do no wrong in the eyes of many. 

Think a lot are blinded by the cash he has spent to be honest. 

He claims he's spent £150m on the club - which is all very commendable if you're spending it wisely. When you're not, you may as well have not bothered. 

As long as he learns from his mistakes and by getting rid of Doyen and the appointing the new CEO it appears that he is. Out of interest what would your solution be Kivo?Him selling up?

7 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

100% 

Whoever leaves the club in that state? 

6 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

100% 

One thing is consistent throughout

There will always be fanbashers like yourself who just blame the fans for everything and sit scaremongering that no other businessman would ever want Sheffield Wednesday if the current chairman at the time leaves

The chairman leaves and guess what?

Turns out that there's a stack of wealthy businessmen ready to take over after all

Same thing happens with every chairman

Someone comes on bashing the fans, threatening them with the worst possible scenario if the current chairman leaves, and it never ever ever appears

Because it doesn't exist

But carry on if it makes you feel better blaming fans

Owlstalk Shop

For what it's worth I think that we were stitched up by Carvalhal. IMO he was given the Swansea job in the summer and both he and the club were waiting for the right time for him leaving us. He did us out of a wedge of compo for a start. Not sure what his plan was but one thing that is annoying me is that we were crying out for him to play 3-5-2 and him saying no dont like that system then he goes to Swansea and starts playing 3-5-2. Makes you wonder if he's lost interest in us and just couldn't be arsed. Don't get me started on the sacking of the medical team

I remember when Mr Chansiri 1st came here, he said he would LIKE the club to be in the prem league by this tiem, not he WANTED the club to be in the Prem league.

He also said that it would take a combination of himself AND the fans to finance that ambition, now to me that meant, at the time, that the ticket prices would be going up.

Most fans on here were jumping up and down when the club brought players like Bannan, FF, Hooper, Abdi, Rhodes etc to the  club, does any one really think these players came here because of the draw of SWFC?, no, of course not, the came here because 1stly we paid the Fee's asked and we paid the wages.

Posters were on here shouting "You have to speculate to acumulate" , what do they expect Mr Chansiri do, spend all his family's money on a money pit?, no one was complaining then.

Just now, darra said:

As long as he learns from his mistakes and by getting rid of Doyen and the appointing the new CEO it appears that he is. Out of interest what would your solution be Kivo?Him selling up?

If he learned from his mistakes I'd be right behind him.

He's had three years at it and not learnt from any mistakes - on the contrary, he actively seeks to pin blame on others instead. 

His appointment of Katrien Meire was the last straw for me. Got nothing against her, and i'm prepared to give he's a chance, but for him to state that he'd scoured the world for a CEO for months and settle for someone with such an abysmal record leads me to believe that he's not going to improve on his decision-making. 

Yes I would like him to sell up, but his financial input means no-one will buy us unless he accepts a massive loss, which he wont. 

I genuinely fear for the club while he remains in charge. 

If I were to make a prediction, it would be that he will take a back seat while investing only to keep us ticking over on the off chance that we get a manager/players who can get us back in the race for the PL. 

And as fantastic as getting to the PL would be, if we do manage it under Chansiri, I worry that that will put an end to any desire to ask questions of his ownership, which would be damaging long term. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There will always be fanbashers like yourself who just blame the fans for everything and sit scaremongering that no other businessman would ever want Sheffield Wednesday if the current chairman at the time leaves

Turns out that there's a stack of wealthy businessmen ready to take over after all

Someone comes on bashing the fans, threatening them with the worst possible scenario if the current chairman leaves, and it never ever ever appears

Because it doesn't exist

listening to the radio the other day they were saying that Chinese business men are desperate to buy in to the English leagues,any league

15 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

100% 

Fans have forked out in record numbers and record prices for tickets, kits etc.

Players and managers are getting paid life changing money to be employed by the club.

Yet it is the fans fault for things going wrong at the club on and off the pitch. Please explain?

OK then , what's the plan with DC because he's clearly turned off the money tap and wants us to pay for Doyen , Abdi etc.

As far as I can see, we are just entering that creek.

I'm trying to work out alternatives , so we don't do a Blackburn, Hull, Coventry etc.

Just wish that Yorkshire lass with brass would buy us at quarter price of Newcastle. 

Edited by fred mciver

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because it doesn't exist

Ok Neil, but where were all these businessmen when Mandric was trying to sell the club, or when he did buy the club?.

We have suffered one of the worst seasons in my memory of watching SWFC, it happens, no one deliberately wanted to be in this situation but it is the nature of the beast called Football fan to look for scapegoats.

No one can please all of the people all of the time, 18 moths ago the Blades fans were calling for Mcabe to go, once again, and now he is the best thing there is, same with the Rovrum fans calling for their owner to go, and take the manager with him, now same as.

Football in a funny old game and after being involved in it for more that 50 years, I still love it.

2 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

If he learned from his mistakes I'd be right behind him.

He's had three years at it and not learnt from any mistakes - on the contrary, he actively seeks to pin blame on others instead. 

His appointment of Katrien Meire was the last straw for me. Got nothing against her, and i'm prepared to give he's a chance, but for him to state that he'd scoured the world for a CEO for months and settle for someone with such an abysmal record leads me to believe that he's not going to improve on his decision-making. 

Yes I would like him to sell up, but his financial input means no-one will buy us unless he accepts a massive loss, which he wont. 

I genuinely fear for the club while he remains in charge. 

If I were to make a prediction, it would be that he will take a back seat while investing only to keep us ticking over on the off chance that we get a manager/players who can get us back in the race for the PL. 

And as fantastic as getting to the PL would be, if we do manage it under Chansiri, I worry that that will put an end to any desire to ask questions of his ownership, which would be damaging long term. 

Isn't that what most footballs other than the top 6 clubs do? If we went int the PL we'd have next to no chance of winning it, we might win the odd cup but most of the time it would be trying to get mid table security the odd top 10 finish and the threat of relegation. Heard of a survey a while back although I didn't see it where fans of championship clubs were asked if they wanted promotion to the PL. Apparently more that you'd think said they were happy to stay in the Championship.

1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

OK then , what's the plan with DC because he's clearly turned off the money tap and wants us to pay for Doyen , Abdi etc.

As far as I can see, we are just entering that creek.

I'm trying to work out alternatives , so we don't do a Blackburn, Hull, Coventry etc.

Just wish that Yorkshire lass with brass would buy us at quarter price of Newcastle. 

Has he turned the money of though or has FFP turned it off? For my money its the latter

4 minutes ago, darra said:

listening to the radio the other day they were saying that Chinese business men are desperate to buy in to the English leagues,any league

This doesn't mean they know anything about running a football club though, just that they are business men looking for a new business to invest in.

Or if they have enough money an expensive toy to play with (a bit like our owners son?).

Therefore maybe a good move, maybe not.