#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

19 hours ago, marcx666 said:

no, he said continue investment, which means dont sell our best players. I mean, I for one dont want to see us spend big, break FFP and be bent over without lube by it

No it doesn't mean that at all. People on here are just saying that to give the chairman and club a pass over yet another commercial co(k up!

Deary me.

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Whichever slightly unfancied player they sign, Wilder will have the knack of getting them going. Did it with Leon and Donaldson. Less so with Wilson.

McGoldrick is nailed on to score at least 20 goals this season. Just always happens where them f***ers and seemingly past-it strikers are concerned.

As for Baldwin, Sunderland will be offering first-team football under a young and energetic manager who's bringing in lots of young, hungry players from the lower leagues for a likely promotion this season. They've agreed a deal with Wycombe for Luke O'Nien too. I suspect we were interested but never properly firmed up that interest.

10 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

It seems that Wednesday target Baldwin at Peterborough has preferred Sunderland to Wednesday. 

That only indicates what a mess we are in when a player prefers a Lower league team to us. 

Who can blame Baldwin when he sees so many of our players treated like dirt. Players like abdi is a victim of severe abuse. Someone at the club has chosen to ruin his career. Yes he's on a 50 grand a week 4 year deal but hist career is over thanks To us. 

Prospective players will avoid us like the proverbial plague. 

I know I'm extremely critical of Wednesday at present but that criticism is simply an honest reaction to what is happening at the club. 

As they say 

You reap what you sew. 

Wednesdays owners have sewn some poisonous seeds that can only bring the club down further. 

After clear and considered reflection of your post I would like to say.

What  a Wan@£r you are.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ballmeist said:

Sell him instantly. He had a good finish to last season and now everyone seems to have forgotten the past 3-4 years where he's been awful

2-3 months of half decent performances and literally nothing else at Championship level made Gary Madine a £6M player and a goal tally not much more than Nuhiu's having been 1st choice for a full season at Ipswich has somehow made Waghorn worth up to £8M.

While the market is ridiculous then why should we be the ones to miss out! 

11 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

It seems that Wednesday target Baldwin at Peterborough has preferred Sunderland to Wednesday. 

That only indicates what a mess we are in when a player prefers a Lower league team to us. 

Who can blame Baldwin when he sees so many of our players treated like dirt. Players like abdi is a victim of severe abuse. Someone at the club has chosen to ruin his career. Yes he's on a 50 grand a week 4 year deal but hist career is over thanks To us. 

I know I'm extremely critical of Wednesday at present but that criticism is simply an honest reaction to what is happening at the club. 

As they say 

You reap what you sew. 

Wednesdays owners have sewn some poisonous seeds that can only bring the club down further. 

In all my time on here I don't think I've read as much crap as this. 

Baldwin will most likely know naff all about our team, if he's chosen Sunderland over us it's probably because he knows he'll be straight into there starting 11 whilst not guaranteed a place in our team. 

50 grand a week!!! :CEO::tango::tango:

Edited by bradowl

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

2-3 months of half decent performances and literally nothing else at Championship level made Gary Madine a £6M player and a goal tally not much more than Nuhiu's having been 1st choice for a full season at Ipswich has somehow made Waghorn worth up to £8M.

While the market is ridiculous then why should we be the ones to miss out! 

I completely agree that we should be getting as much money for our players as possible. My comments were more related to the stay vs go argument. If we can get £2m+ for him I’d take it.

i have no doubt he’ll start a run of games this season as a reward for the end of last year. I think we’ll more likely see the old Nuhiu than the one we’ve seen recently. Hope I’m wrong though! 

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

In all my time on here I don't think I've read as much crap as this. 

Baldwin will most likely know naff all about our team, if he's chosen Sunderland over us it's probably because he knows he'll be straight into there starting 11 whilst not guaranteed a place in our team. 

50 grand a week!!! :CEO::tango::tango:

Must have heard how much we're paying David Jones.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

I completely agree that we should be getting as much money for our players as possible. My comments were more related to the stay vs go argument. If we can get £2m+ for him I’d take it.

i have no doubt he’ll start a run of games this season as a reward for the end of last year. I think we’ll more likely see the old Nuhiu than the one we’ve seen recently. Hope I’m wrong though! 

Don't get why a lot of people on here think Nuhiu will revert to type and be rubbish this season. How do we know this isn't the start of him becoming a player that if we don't go up we will have no chance of keeping.

Big thing for me be when Hooper fit. as that a player that is a genuine threat to his place in the team.

13 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

As they say 

You reap what you sew. 

What on earth are you on about you absolute urinal cake? No-body at the club looks to "ruin his career," Abdi isn't on £50,000 either. Unfortunately Abdi must have had either a severe or complicated injury which curtailed his progress last season (do you like that management speak?) but let's hope he can get somewhere near regular first team performances this season as he obviously has quality at this level. I for one would love to see him back to his best.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mike312 said:

What on earth are you on about you absolute urinal cake? No-body at the club looks to "ruin his career," Abdi isn't on £50,000 either. Unfortunately Abdi must have had either a severe or complicated injury which curtailed his progress last season (do you like that management speak?) but let's hope he can get somewhere near regular first team performances this season as he obviously has quality at this level. I for one would love to see him back to his best.

Have a like for ‘urinal cake’ lol

Let’s face it there will not be a single signing at all. We are in for a big scrap this year and relying on injury prone players to stay fit. Once we get to next year it’s a different ball game, 11 players off the wage book and start again. I would like to see some league 1 level players signed to be developed this year who can grow to champ level but we just don’t have any money to spend. Has any club never signed a player pre season?