#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Do you think we’re doing the old Wednesday tactic of signing players a day before the start of the new season, so we don’t have to pay wages over the summer.

There’s got to be some out of contract freebies somewhere across Europe that could boost the squad

Edited by Rogers

28 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I don' get why people are whining about no signings....Jos flat out told us that we would only be going for premier league loans, and most prem loans are sorted at the back end of the window after their squads have been decided

Maybe if all the season ticket holders waited too? 

Not saying we wont make a good signing, but many people committed to another year of torture at an inflated price, on the promise that the investment would show us something. 

3 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

Maybe if all the season ticket holders waited too? 

Not saying we wont make a good signing, but many people committed to another year of torture at an inflated price, on the promise that the investment would show us something. 

Jos flat out told us it would be prem loans, I still dont get why people are surprised when the manager has flat out told us what we are doing

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Jos flat out told us it would be prem loans, I still dont get why people are surprised when the manager has flat out told us what we are doing

Im on about the boss. 

Wasn't there a vote about our aims and finances? 

I personally think we should be okay to hold our own. 

Im still touched by the whole, whatever it takes comment by old Dejphon. 

5 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

Im on about the boss. 

Wasn't there a vote about our aims and finances? 

I personally think we should be okay to hold our own. 

Im still touched by the whole, whatever it takes comment by old Dejphon. 

but those comments indicated lesser prices = we stoped investing which = bannan, fessi etc being sold. because wages = investment

11 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Not heard this before; if this would have been posted on page 1, this thread might not have got so out of hand. 

3 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Not heard this before; if this would have been posted on page 1, this thread might not have got so out of hand. 

no, it really would have, its the summer, we are bored, it happened in the Dave Allen days, there will always be a megathread. it is law

6 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

but those comments indicated lesser prices = we stoped investing which = bannan, fessi etc being sold. because wages = investment

Did those comments actually say that, or just indicate it? 

I seem to be of the opinion that chansiris much publicised wealth and gung ho attitude when he first arrived has come a bit unstuck. 

3 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

Did those comments actually say that, or just indicate it? 

I seem to be of the opinion that chansiris much publicised wealth and gung ho attitude when he first arrived has come a bit unstuck. 

it depends which way you look at it.  Everyone, no matter how rich, or broke has to adhere to FFP,  so given the amount we have spent on lets say, crap, and i hate to use that term, we are close to FFp, so continued investment = keeping our bet players, reducing investment = selling them

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

it depends which way you look at it.  Everyone, no matter how rich, or broke has to adhere to FFP,  so given the amount we have spent on lets say, crap, and i hate to use that term, we are close to FFp, so continued investment = keeping our bet players, reducing investment = selling them

I get what you say, but Mr C Spoke big and set the expectations. 

• Like 1