#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Given how the Prem teams are spending (over £150M between the likes of Palarse, Huddersfield, card6iff and Brighton) there'll be loads of players available for loan. That last 3 weeks of the window when only loans are available will be huge. Some big loan fees will be exchanged as a cheaper way of building a squad i bet. 

5 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

I get what you say, but Mr C Spoke big and set the expectations. 

no, he said continue investment, which means dont sell our best players. I mean, I for one dont want to see us spend big, break FFP and be bent over without lube by it

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

no, he said continue investment, which means dont sell our best players. I mean, I for one dont want to see us spend big, break FFP and be bent over without lube by it

When he first came he said we will get to the Prem by our 150th, whatever it takes. 

Since last seasons disaster, it seems more like trying tk stabilise an over crowded ship. 

5 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

When he first came he said we will get to the Prem by our 150th, whatever it takes. 

Since last seasons disaster, it seems more like trying tk stabilise an over crowded ship. 

yes because he spent up to the limit tryin to get us up. Half of it ended up costing us with people like Abdi, but he put his money where his mouth was. sh*t like Mcgugan and rhodes were what the fans waned, thus again proving why most clubs have ZERO input from fans Now we have to abide by FFP and im ok with that, especially seeing as we arent offloading our best players

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Yeah to be fair we're unlikely to buy anyone anyway. Loan market will be crucial perhaps. 

Let's hope we get a few of the no hopers out that never kick a ball for us and just drain the finances. 

Instead we need some shrewd yet quality loans in... 

I said when we started bringing in the likes of Jones, Abdi, Fletcher and Co on long contracts it would bite us becouse they had already been deemed by their former clubs no longer capable of playing in the Premier league, so If we did go up we'd be stuck with them even though they would then be surplus to us. 

8 hours ago, marcx666 said:

I don' get why people are whining about no signings....Jos flat out told us that we would only be going for premier league loans, and most prem loans are sorted at the back end of the window after their squads have been decided

He also said proven Championship players.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marcx666 said:

He said “build on the current level of investment and extend our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion” That is quite different to how you word it- “don’t sell our best players” means remaining the same levels of investment in my book.

How can he possibly build on the current level of investment if he is up to the limit? I’m assuming DC was well aware of Fair Play regulations when the survey was published.

The current level of investment has surely gone down by the sale of Hunt, the loaning of Rhodes and the releasing of Wallace and Loovens etc.

What Is meant by “extending our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion ?” 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

He played 28 games for Arsenal last season so think he's part of their plans. 

If we break the numbers down, he started 8 premier league games under Arsene Wenger who was massive advocate of Arsenal's youth.

But I agree, probably wishful thinking, would have offered a lot on the right side of our CM.

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

If we break the numbers down, he started 8 premier league games under Arsene Wenger who was massive advocate of Arsenal's youth.

But I agree, probably wishful thinking, would have offered a lot on the right side of our CM.

Very wishful thinking. Be a few prem clubs after him should he be made available.

3 minutes ago, Rogers said:

If some club offered £3m - £3.5m for Nuhiu - what would you do? 

Ask them if that’s the deposit