Carlos potential return

3 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Cus he's wasted our season??

Jesus; there’s plenty of managers that have wasted a season at Wednesday without this animosity. 

Turner didn’t get this coverage / hatred after us getting spanked most weeks in League 1. 

Im not saying clap him; but show some class and don’t say anything! The guy did lead us to 2 of our best seasons in the last 20 years. 

7 minutes ago, savi said:

1st season - loads a wonga thown at it and got us to Weberlee only for us to find out the real CC.

Funny. I recall that as a season when we spent less on our squad than Boro Burnley Derby and Hull and at times that showed. And a season when we bested Brighton who were 14 points better than us in two of the most memorable nights of footy in recent Wednesday history. Wembley was not primarily CCs fault - we were beaten by a better team - just look at the transfer fees their players have gone for since. 

2nd season - the real CC continues from Hull to show us what were in for, again a play off where the abundance of talent is ordered not to turn up.

CC tries the Karanka route to success - and it nearly worked. 4th place - but talent by now sporadic and often injured. Abdi Lee Hooper and Fessi All out for long spells. 

3rd season - cant play, wont play, never will play anyone thats not a favourite.

Oh and anyone trying to break into the 1st team from youth level. DO ONE!

Leaves a team closer to relegation, alienates our best youth prospect only then to run and take another job once hes buried morale deep into the Hillsborough turf.

3rd season - a mixture of very good (Fulham Villa) and very bad (Pigs Brum) - it was time to go but Im not sure the Hirsty issue was all on one side. 

Please tell me again why we should appluad him?

Because we shared some good times - and it is a positive to remember singing the dream song at 3-0 v Arsenal and Na Na ing after Brighton - no point being all mardy - quick clap, then thrash em! 

4 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Truly awful manager who has left us in the s**t. Couldn’t be arsed to prepare a fitness regime that is suitable for a professional football club - the basics.

Oh and the love for him is utterly cringeworthy 

Couldn't agree more.

One of the worst managers we've had when all said and done.

Edited by Emilianenko

2 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Funny. I recall that as a season when we spent less on our squad than Boro Burnley Derby and Hull and at times that showed. And a season when we bested Brighton who were 14 points better than us in two of the most memorable nights of footy in recent Wednesday history. Wembley was not primarily CCs fault - we were beaten by a better team - just look at the transfer fees their players have gone for since. 

Hirst wants to go to a PL outfit, and his father's complicit in it.

If you lose two finals, then you have to go to prevent a hangover, but I don't blame CC for Hirst.

He wants to go.

We all just need to grow up and simply move on. By all means boo a manager who has ruined your club, but Carlos deserves at least some respect from us. We've had a mess of a season but its unfair to blame everything on one man.

I won't cheer him, boo him, chant his name because he has moved on and we have a new manager who has my complete support now. But if he applauds the stands then I will do the same. I've no reason not to.

Didn't realise we had to grow up or stop behaving like 6 year olds, or had to cease discussing out most recent manager.  I thought this forum was to discuss all things Wednesday with fellow wednesdayites. I'm new on here. Didn't realise there was censorship. Sorry.  

28 minutes ago, Cockers said:

Didn't realise we had to grow up or stop behaving like 6 year olds, or had to cease discussing out most recent manager.  I thought this forum was to discuss all things Wednesday with fellow wednesdayites. I'm new on here. Didn't realise there was censorship. Sorry.  

Doesn't mean we should act like fuckingblades..weve always had more class than that...we have had managers who have got us relegated who haven't got this crap.

10 hours ago, s6 owl said:

We were sleepwalking our way into relegation despite him having the most funds any Wednesday manager has ever had.

His job was to get us promoted and by the end of his time we were looking more likely to go down.

Complete and utter failure who left us far worse off than when he took over.

For the main that’s pretty much how all managers leave clubs.  I just think Carlos ran out of steam at our club and to a degree I believe he’d lost a proportion of the squad. Once his core players were all injured at the same time it was always going to go badly. 

In fairness reading his comments at the time of leaving,I at least believe he had the honesty to recognise himself he’d hit a brick wall and I think he was happy to walk.

With respect to Jos, I hope he has a long and successful tenure with us, but similar to Carlos there will come a time when the fans have had enough. It’s just how professional team sport works. 

Quite a number of the players had had enough of CCs methods, favouritism etc and if we get Swansea it will be I interesting to see their response. Not by a long chalk our worst ever manager but one who because of his faults could not reinvigorate the team when the inevitable tough time arrived. Hope ta f%k we get Notts County tho we don't need the sideshow

Edited by glynnb
Fizz off filter