Carlos potential return

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep. 

I was happy when he stayed on (thought the continuity would help us). Turns out that what we ended up with was the same group of people (coaching staff and players) making the same mistake and actually getting worse. 

With a massive dose of hindsight, he needed to go and so did a few of the players. I believe Jos will instigate a bit of a clear out in the summer. 

I honestly thought we would hit the ground running start of this season with no new players to bed in really but it never happened 

He hit a brick wall this season with us but 2 Top 6 finishes means he’ll always have my respect. It’s a shame that he wasn’t more flexible in his approach as this season could have been a good one had he had been?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

He hit a brick wall this season with us but 2 Top 6 finishes means he’ll always have my respect. It’s a shame that he wasn’t more flexible in his approach as this season could have been a good one had he had been?

Yeah. 

The bizarre refusal to move away from 4-4-2 was infuriating by the end. 

Quite striking how a switch to 3-5-2 has seen us look so much more solid. 

1 minute ago, Wakefield owl said:

Exactly. What on earth do you want from our manager. If Jos or anyone else is better they will take us into Premier League.

I want a manager that knows how to build on what he has and not waste funds, time and massive opportunities. Over the course of Carlos’ time here we were getting worse when we should have been getting better.

We all knew what we needed after Wembley but the sad thing is we still haven’t corrected our flaws two years on.

Um, we should definitely boo, because that could have influence the psychological element of a football game, which is what a crowd should do if they are to he any use as the 12th man. 

Otherwise why not play football behind closed doors?

48 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Can’t understanding why a day out at Wembley marks his tenure here as a success.

You don’t go to Wembley just for a day out especially in a play off final. We lost that game without showing any fight.

Inexcusable.

Exactly...a day out at Wembley is something Newport will be celebrating..I'd rather have not gone tbh

4 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

I want a manager that knows how to build on what he has and not waste funds, time and massive opportunities. Over the course of Carlos’ time here we were getting worse when we should have been getting better.

We all knew what we needed after Wembley but the sad thing is we still haven’t corrected our flaws two years on.

Agree about the flaws but many of them were not down to Carlos and so still exist.

23 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

We finished 2 places higher the second season though !! 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Now this is jot set in stone, as Notts Co could easily beat Swansea next week as they are gash.

But if Carlos does return, I for one hope to not hear any cheering for him. Either full silence or a tirade of boos should greet him.

What a disgusting disrespectful remark - you should be ashamed. That man brought 2 years of great hope and heart to our team and recruited some great talent. Of course you should applaud him - anyone who thinks otherwise brings shame on our great club. It wasn’t his fault we had so many injuries and I’m not saying he was perfect either but have some respect.

Carlos had a dream and ok he woke up!

UTO

5 minutes ago, papalazarowl said:

Wasn't our greatest manager, wasn't our worst manager... i didnt dislike him, he just run out of steam and lost favour. 

No need for cheers, no need for boo's, just a bit of respect for him as i'm sure he will give it to us.

Think we played some of the best football in many many years with Carlos so to rate him as average must mean we have had some damn good uns  over the years then!!