Carlos potential return

Just now, wakefieldowl said:

Oh and the hate for him is utter cringeworthy too

He did a good job for two years and gave me pride and a lot of happiness watching my team. His time was up and he did the right thing. I will appaud him given the chance. He managed Wednesday not the pigs ffs 

He left over a month ago. Yet some people on here STILL go on about him. Get over it, move on

You felt pride and happiness walking out of Wembley? Or Hillsborough after the Huddersfield game? Because those are the games that it all boiled down to and we didn’t show any heart in either of those two games, the two most important games of that 2 year period.

• Like 1

If he'd gone after Huddersfield then I think his stock would remain pretty high. 

Unfortunately, an absolute horror show for the last six months, plus the fact he was seemingly talking to Swansea whilst still managing us, means he leaves with a lot of people not thinking particularly highly of him. 

These sort of threads bring out the worst in Owlstalk posters sadly, myself included, we are all passionate and have different opinions on stuff, but we all know what comes first in these situations the club, owners, managers and players will come and go, no one is bigger than the football club

Edited by steveger
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Not going to list all the other amazing times I have had with Carlos in charge  but if you are basing Carlos on one game at Wembley I find that sad and blinkered ,sorry 

Tbh..the hapless first leg at udders when we didn't try to score a goal..or test their rookie keeper upset me more than the hull debacle

4 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

He wasn’t though was he lol he was a bottler and narcissist. 

Maybe he was. But he is also a decent coach. Not as good as he believes himself to be but still has his qualities.

He also knows our players back to front.

On the plus side for us everyone knows how they are going to play and that he will sit back first half.

Go for the Jugular Jos. From the off.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

Tbh..the hapless first leg at udders when we didn't try to score a goal..or test their rookie keeper upset me more than the hull debacle

Yep I agree I was fuming and have been watching some of the dross we put on whilst travelling long distances but that first season was one of my best ever 

Just now, dewsburyowl58 said:

We were going nowhere and playing crap football until Carlos arrived , had some brilliant times , he should have left after the second season in hindsight 

Yep. 

I was happy when he stayed on (thought the continuity would help us). Turns out that what we ended up with was the same group of people (coaching staff and players) making the same mistake and actually getting worse. 

With a massive dose of hindsight, he needed to go and so did a few of the players. I believe Jos will instigate a bit of a clear out in the summer. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Yep. 

I was happy when he stayed on (thought the continuity would help us). Turns out that what we ended up with was the same group of people (coaching staff and players) making the same mistake and actually getting worse. 

With a massive dose of hindsight, he needed to go and so did a few of the players. I believe Jos will instigate a bit of a clear out in the summer. 

Agree with you totally