Carlos potential return

6 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Well ok then if the second season was better then why do posters always refer to his first season?

Because the first season was a fantastic transformation from the previous season and probably at least 10 or so before that too , barring the odd one . We played a style of  football I have longed to see for so long .Have nothing but respect for what Carlos brought to our club 

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

We were sleepwalking our way into relegation despite him having the most funds any Wednesday manager has ever had.

His job was to get us promoted and by the end of his time we were looking more likely to go down.

Complete and utter failure who left us far worse off than when he took over.

Can’t really argue with that tbh

8 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I hope notts county win so we don’t have to see more Carlos debates for 3 weeks. He’s gone and we’ve all moved on, not being nice to him on his return would just be immature. 2 good years and 1 bad year out of a manager is better than you get from 90% of managers out there. It was time for him to leave and he went, being immature and rude on his return is just silly. As for Wembley, well I had never been and knowing Wednesday might be 20 years before we ever go back, so yes thank you Carlos for being part of that, I’ll never forget it. Show some class and clap him. 

Spot on , couldn’t agree more 

10 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Because the first season was a fantastic transformation from the previous season and probably at least 10 or so before that too , barring the odd one . We played a style of  football I have longed to see for so long .Have nothing but respect for what Carlos brought to our club 

He failed to build on it and wasted a massive opportunity.

Failure.

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

He is always a part of us , in our history like all the other managers but I see what you are getting at . 

History yes, so no point making a big deal about playing his team. I'd hate him to get booed I'd rather think we're moving forward. 

If they manage to bumble one nil past county. 

I for one will be cheering Carlos name if they come ambling around playing 100 pass tippy tappy football between CB's and defensive midfield for the first half  and get cought out as we steam roll them out of the blocks and shell shocked two nil down before half time....  Then proceed to still be winning just before the full 90 from goals from matias and Dave again. We could even start a chant of clue less, we love you, clue less we do!! lol

24 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I respect him, but he was backed financially like no other manager in the club's history. It's reasonable to conclude that 6th place in his first season was the very least he should have achieved and indeed wasn't that special. Look at wolves this season. That's special and reflects their financial backing.  It may be me, but even during that so called wonderful first season, I often despaired at the sideways  passing and possession within the middle third. Granted,  often in the second half of games, we went on to win well.

I still believe Laws, Sturrock and Gray were better Wednesday managers.  Carlos failed, despite theevel of backing from a wednesdsy chairman not previously seen at the club. 

Which Owls managers built on their early successes?

They all have shelf lives - doesnt mean that Big Jack, Wilko, BFR, Tricky T, King Paul - who all had some great days each didn't get to the point where it was time to move on.

The third season was always going to be a big ask and fair enough CC should have gone in the Summer. But was it entirely his fault that at Wembley Hooper Fessi and Wallace who had rained down shots from all angles all season couldn't hit owt on the day? Or that against Udders the following year their goalie pulled off a brilliant save from Rhodes in extra time? To say all the failings of the team were his fault .... Really? Maybe they aren't that good and never were. As for comparisons with Wolves spending - they are blowing 24 million on one player - we are still in shock over an instalment based deal for Jordan Rhodes part paid in Green Shield stamps. 

Show some class - he is part of our recent history and we all sang Carlos had a dream at least once. He may have eventually lost the plot but this bitter and twisted - boo him poo poo is the kind of thing Leeds fans would do. We are better than that. 

We now know that because of his tenure we are in danger of being a mess again.

The injured players are down to him to a great extent. He flogged them to death , played them when they were not fully fit, never gave them time to recover.

Meanwhile he also wasted megabucks on players he never intended to play .

We have a load of old crocks on long expensive contracts and Carlos must take a lot of the blame for that.

Did he get the best out of the resources he had , I don’t think so.

I won’t be joining in the applause.

1st season - loads a wonga thown at it and got us to Weberlee only for us to find out the real CC.

2nd season - the real CC continues from Hull to show us what were in for, again a play off where the abundance of talent is ordered not to turn up.

3rd season - cant play, wont play, never will play anyone thats not a favourite.

Oh and anyone trying to break into the 1st team from youth level. DO ONE!

Leaves a team closer to relegation, alienates our best youth prospect only then to run and take another job once hes buried morale deep into the Hillsborough turf.

Please tell me again why we should appluad him?