Jos "Pelupessy is a WINNER"

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Lets not build up the expectation level to such a point that anything less than a 6-0 win on his debut will be a disappointment.

My feeling is that he's here because the club know they can't rely on Hutchinson.

Give him time to settle.

(His presence around the place does already seem to have affected David Jones though)

makes a change from them being written off before hes played!

5 hours ago, spike1867 said:

Got to agree.  I spent a bit of time watching the whole Heracles v Ajax game from last August in which he played.  I posted my comments regarding what sort of player he was in another thread.  I think people are expecting a bit much.  As I posted, he's an organiser, very much defensive minded regardless of what we are doing as a team and above all he is disciplined.  He can get stuck in, but he's not Hutch.  He's not going to take man, ball, Desso, shinpads and blood with his tackling. 

Take the goal he scored from 30 yards with a pinch of salt.  Heracles were 4-1 up and hammering Groningen (I think).  I personally think he will go about his business quietly and efficiently, we won't notice him on the pitch but the players and the manager will appreciate him more than anything.  It is a step up for him, make no mistake, with no disrespect to the Eredivisie. 

Lets judge him over 10 games, not 1 watched on a small tv screen, where the only thing you see is what is shown, not the running off the ball

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

To be fair, surprised Sky didn't notice Jones on Saturday. Easily Man of the Match.

Tell you what...

that is the best whipped in free kick we’ve produced this season (one where he hammered it in the first half). Rhodes should have done better. 

Think Jones is enjoying that extra bit of protection in a three. Was getting exposed in a flat four. 

5 minutes ago, PopePiusX said:

I temasll you what, you've got to have  something about you to have the name Pelupessy and still make it.

What I'm saying is that we should only sign people with terrible names.

There was a player called Papapio X in Italy few years ago, he was rubbish

3 hours ago, debram said:

We wont notice him on the pitch, not another Jones i hope

The players you don't notice on the pitch are the ones doing their job properly, and not making mistakes!

Let's hope we don't notice Joey.

Except when he's kicking opposition into the stand.lol

Edited by oldtawnyowl

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tell you what...

that is the best whipped in free kick we’ve produced this season (one where he hammered it in the first half). Rhodes should have done better. 

Think Jones is enjoying that extra bit of protection in a three. Was getting exposed in a flat four. 

I agree mate, I think he was also exposed by playing next to Bannan, whoever plays next to him has to do double the dirty work...

3 hours ago, debram said:

We wont notice him on the pitch, not another Jones i hope

I think every team needs someone like this though.

Kante, an example already used was absolutely priceless for Leicester and now Chelsea but you can pick him up for peanuts in any fantasy league that only scores you points for goals, assists and clean sheets for defenders.

He won't do much of any of those things but he will win the ball, recycle it, run tirelessly and distribute effectively. He'll be doing the dirty work, if he largely goes unnoticed it means he hasn't made a mistake and that's what we will want from him as a defensive midfielder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wednesdayok said:

Lets judge him over 10 games, not 1 watched on a small tv screen, where the only thing you see is what is shown, not the running off the ball

Completely agree albeit I watched it on the 55" in the living room (my 3rd child) :biggrin:

I'm just trying to give people an idea of what I gathered from concentrating on his performance, movement and style of play. It's not a perfect way to assess his play but it's better than the completely uninformed opinions sometimes spouted. I may be doing him a disservice, it was against Ajax so maybe he played with a greater degree of caution, but in the other snippets I've seen including a drubbing by Feyenoord, he appeared to play the same way.

I hope he turns out to be a top player.