Jos "Pelupessy is a WINNER"

Pelupessy Sheffield Wednesday.jpeg

The clash with Cardiff came a little too soon for new recruit Joey Pelupessy but Owls manager Jos Luhukay has high hopes for the ex-Heracles Almelo man.

The Dutchman completed his move to the Owls on Thursday, trained for the first time Friday and named on the bench on Saturday.

But moving forward, Luhukay believes the Owls have made a strong addition to the team and he said:

“Joey was with us for the first time Friday in training and I thought it was too early to bring him to the game on Saturday.

“He is a player of 24 years of age but has a lot of experience.

“He was the captain of his team, a defending midfielder with a good eye for the pass and he is very strong in the one against one defending.

“We hope he can be a very good player in the future for us.”

Speaking following his side’s 0-0 draw with Cardiff at Hillsborough, Luhukay added:

“It was important that he trained with us on Friday, was close to the team on Saturday and in the next days he can learn his colleagues better, that’s what we want him to do.

“I think with his age, it is very positive that in his last club he was captain, he has a very strong mentality.

“He is a winner on the field so I am happy with that.”

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Get a bit fatigued with hearing about how wonderful our latest signing is over the years.

Will wait to I have actually seen him play for a while before making a judgment on him.

Got to agree.  I spent a bit of time watching the whole Heracles v Ajax game from last August in which he played.  I posted my comments regarding what sort of player he was in another thread.  I think people are expecting a bit much.  As I posted, he's an organiser, very much defensive minded regardless of what we are doing as a team and above all he is disciplined.  He can get stuck in, but he's not Hutch.  He's not going to take man, ball, Desso, shinpads and blood with his tackling. 

Take the goal he scored from 30 yards with a pinch of salt.  Heracles were 4-1 up and hammering Groningen (I think).  I personally think he will go about his business quietly and efficiently, we won't notice him on the pitch but the players and the manager will appreciate him more than anything.  It is a step up for him, make no mistake, with no disrespect to the Eredivisie. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spike1867 said:

Got to agree.  I spent a bit of time watching the whole Heracles v Ajax game from last August in which he played.  I posted my comments regarding what sort of player he was in another thread.  I think people are expecting a bit much.  As I posted, he's an organiser, very much defensive minded regardless of what we are doing as a team and above all he is disciplined.  He can get stuck in, but he's not Hutch.  He's not going to take man, ball, Desso, shinpads and blood with his tackling. 

Take the goal he scored from 30 yards with a pinch of salt.  Heracles were 4-1 up and hammering Groningen (I think).  I personally think he will go about his business quietly and efficiently, we won't notice him on the pitch but the players and the manager will appreciate him more than anything.  It is a step up for him, make no mistake, with no disrespect to the Eredivisie. 

This is why it is possible he will play at the side of Jones and not replace him in league games.

If the team was same as that for Cardiff then swapping Joey for Jones is a big ask for somebody new to the league. Jones had a tough job and did well.

However alongside Jones would make the midfield more solid and would allow the wing backs to get forward more as Joey seems to have the mobility to cover them when required.

2 hours ago, spike1867 said:

We wont notice him on the pitch, not another Jones i hope

Lets not build up the expectation level to such a point that anything less than a 6-0 win on his debut will be a disappointment.

My feeling is that he's here because the club know they can't rely on Hutchinson.

Give him time to settle.

(His presence around the place does already seem to have affected David Jones though)

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Get a bit fatigued with hearing about how wonderful our latest signing is over the years.

Will wait to I have actually seen him play for a while before making a judgment on him.

Maybe you just have a thyroid problem bro. Get that checked out fam.

• Haha 1