Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

2 minutes ago, debram said:

yep a sorry state of affairs, feel sorry for DC in being persuaded to sign him, not sure who the culprits are but there were more than enough on here

And they are the ones who keep droning on that he will come good and we need to stick with him. Those people cannot admit they are wrong!

• Like 1

Here we go. 

Been all of a couple of weeks, we're at the start of a completely new era, we still have injuries that would cripple most teams but the vultures are picking their new scapegoat. 

Reach ("He'll never be a footballer"), their previous favourite target has made them eat their words, they've got a bit bored with slagging Morgan Fox, so it's back to Jordan Rhodes.

Joao missed two easier chances but hey ho, let's not wait and see what Jos can do with various players, let's get into Rhode's ribs and maybe hound him out of the club, at least until some of the injured players are back, then we can start slagging some of them off as well.

FF is always a good target, "Should have got rid when he refused to get on the bus, f****n traitor".

Can't we take a deep breath until things have stabilised a bit and then judge where we and some of the players are before we start stringing them up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Here we go. 

Been all of a couple of weeks, we're at the start of a completely new era, we still have injuries that would cripple most teams but the vultures are picking their new scapegoat. 

Reach ("He'll never be a footballer"), their previous favourite target has made them eat their words, they've got a bit bored with slagging Morgan Fox, so it's back to Jordan Rhodes.

Joao missed two easier chances but hey ho, let's not wait and see what Jos can do with various players, let's get into Rhode's ribs and maybe hound him out of the club, at least until some of the injured players are back, then we can start slagging some of them off as well.

FF is always a good target, "Should have got rid when he refused to get on the bus, f****n traitor".

Can't we take a deep breath until things have stabilised a bit and then judge where we and some of the players are before we start stringing them up.

AMEN

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I dont think its happened for him here ...to get rid of winnall too now looks really bad management.

Our summer recruitment has been shambolic .

Winnall's miss last night was worse than any of Rhodes or Joao's.

Not an automatic choice either so not sure why the spaffing over him.

Ps aren't we now under new management, so why the backward looking observations, it's irrelevant now.

2 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Winnall's miss last night was worse than any of Rhodes or Joao's.

Not an automatic choice either so not sure why the spaffing over him.

Ps aren't we now under new management, so why the backward looking observations, it's irrelevant now.

Winnall miss flashed by him and he did well to get any type of touch .

Winnall cost 400k 

Rhodes cost 8- 9m

For me id be choosing winnall ...dont get me wrong rhodes is doing his best but its just not happening , the big question is how long do we give him to take his chance ? 

13 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Here we go. 

Cant we even discuss the bads though or have we all got to pretend all is well and hope it gets better .

By the way im not slating rhodes im only saying it doesnt seem to be happening ...he keeps missing sitters and he cost a fortune thats a fact.

I would love to see him come good but I think it is doomed to fail. He doesn’t look confident and has no pace. He certainly isn’t the only issue about lack of goals but he is a saleable asset so if someone did bid a decent amount for him I would consider it. We need to strengthen and at the minute once hooper and fletcher are back he’ll be out of the team. Needs to take a chance soon to keep his place in the team. 

• Like 1

I don’t think people are picking on rhodes - it’s entirely warranted.

very poor for us.

the usual excuses are that we don’t play to his strengths - we’ll jones landed a cross on his head 6 yards out and Joao put him through on goal and he missed both.

yes Joao missed two chances also - but his running and hold up play meant he contributed a lot. Nothin like from rhodes.

ive criticised Joao in the past but I’m impressed with his attitude recently. 

Edited by ka58

2 hours ago, trask43 said:

True but the problem is most strikers bring something other than taking chances to the table if he doesnt score theres little else he offers and for 8 million quid hes being put to shame week in week out by the likes of clarke, zahore, madine etc who all cost next nothing. If nuhiu had had similar game time as rhodes this season he'd have a similar return.

The accuracy has been just fine watch the extended highlights of any game rhodes has played this season and you will inevitably see him missing a chance from a good goalscoring situation. The overall problem is that for the money spent he was supposed to bring a better conversion rate of chances to goals and compared to his immediate competition of ff,hooper, winnall hes failed massively which after over a year at the club, that justifies calling him a flop. We all hope he comes good but the people who think that now we have a jos in charge we are now going to play open expansive football thats going to create more for rhodes are unaware of the guys reputation in germany.

I hate to say it but the transfer fee isn't Rhodes's problem (the wages may be). He didn't ask to be bought for whatever fee we paid, that was down to us. It's like reach, a lot of our fans were on his back from day one saying he wasn't worth it. Not his problem all he can do is go out and play.

I'm ambivalent about Rhodes, maybe he will come good, maybe he won't. I don't think he had a fair crack of the whip under CC who wanted him to be a different type of striker. If we wanted a different type of striker CC shouldn't have bought him. You don't buy a Bentley if you need a Land Rover.. I'm happy to let Jos see if he can get the best out of Rhodes. I suspect he isn't what Jos wants as a forward in which case we will end up selling him. I'll back Rhodes until the end of the season, getting on his back won't do him  any good. I'll give him a free pass to the end of the season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

I hate to say it but the transfer fee isn't Rhodes's problem (the wages may be). He didn't ask to be bought for whatever fee we paid, that was down to us. It's like reach, a lot of our fans were on his back from day one saying he wasn't worth it. Not his problem all he can do is go out and play.

I'm ambivalent about Rhodes, maybe he will come good, maybe he won't. I don't think he had a fair crack of the whip under CC who wanted him to be a different type of striker. If we wanted a different type of striker CC shouldn't have bought him. You don't buy a Bentley if you need a Land Rover.. I'm happy to let Jos see if he can get the best out of Rhodes. I suspect he isn't what Jos wants as a forward in which case we will end up selling him. I'll back Rhodes until the end of the season, getting on his back won't do him  any good. I'll give him a free pass to the end of the season.

Tha'ts fair enough cant argue with most of that really, we all would rather him could good and criticism at games is certainly not what he needs (on here its fair game in my opinion), my only exception maybe whether or not hes had a fair crack of the whip, my concern is we end up with a scenario which in my opinion has already been the case at times where he is being picked purely because of the size of the transfer fee. Id say hes been the poorest performing striker out of the pool we have since hes been here and in my opinion has already often had more chances than hes form merits.

1 hour ago, MrsHall said:

How do we need to line up, with the players we have, to get owt out of him?

The only thing we seem to get out of him are missed chances and diving.

Disappointing to say the least. I’m still hoping he’ll come good but I doubt it. 

2 good assists though today I suppose, but for £10 million you’d expect a hell of a lot more. Total waste of money as it stands