Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

23 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Could have sworn I've seen him play loads of times..

47 appearances in 12 months. Hardly frozen out.

He played better tonight than he often has but his signing was still unwise and a resounding failure so far. There have been precious few signs that he's got much more to give.

1 hour ago, lukestheman82 said:

The kid done alright tonight, set up 2 very good chances for MoM Joao.

You don't turn from being the best Div 2 striker since Steve Bull into a sack of dogshit overnight.

Give him time and he will come good.

to be fair he's done it over two years...

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

1, All strikers miss chances.

2, we might have put in more crosses than other teams but the quality is often poor, badly targeted and usually slow, floaty high balls that are easy to defend. Put some fast accurate crosses in and things might be different.

True but the problem is most strikers bring something other than taking chances to the table if he doesnt score theres little else he offers and for 8 million quid hes being put to shame week in week out by the likes of clarke, zahore, madine etc who all cost next nothing. If nuhiu had had similar game time as rhodes this season he'd have a similar return.

The accuracy has been just fine watch the extended highlights of any game rhodes has played this season and you will inevitably see him missing a chance from a good goalscoring situation. The overall problem is that for the money spent he was supposed to bring a better conversion rate of chances to goals and compared to his immediate competition of ff,hooper, winnall hes failed massively which after over a year at the club, that justifies calling him a flop. We all hope he comes good but the people who think that now we have a jos in charge we are now going to play open expansive football thats going to create more for rhodes are unaware of the guys reputation in germany.

I find it odd that Lucas missed easier chances than Jordan .

Ironically set up for him by Rhodes.

But everyone seems OK that LJ had a good game.(which he did).

But Rhodes is utter dogsh1t.

People must have seen something different to me.

FFS.

2 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

True, but he hasnt really had a good run at our place IMO.

I really do want him to come good, but there is no escaping the fact he is getting chances & missing sitters.

it does look like he will get a prolonged run now, so I do feel it is now or never for him..

Edited by bigsheff

2 minutes ago, bigsheff said:

I really do want him to come good, but there is no escaping the fact he is getting chances & missing sitters.

it does look like he will get a prolonged run now, so I do feel it is now or never for him..

Why are people making him a scapegoat! 

Plenty of of others had chances tonight !

Edited by Bluey9

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

Surely Rhodes is on limited time. We can’t continue waiting for him to find his form. He’s got to find soon the goals he use to score or we’ll have to stop playing him because he’s a passenger if he’s not scoring. 

Limited time?

Lucas and Dave have both been here longer and neither have a goal record to be proud of.

FFS.

Just now, Hawkowl said:

I find it odd that Lucas missed easier chances than Jordan .

Ironically set up for him by Rhodes.

But everyone seems OK that LJ had a good game.(which he did).

But Rhodes is utter dogsh1t.

People must have seen something different to me.

Joao had a very good game; just a shame he wasted our two best chances. But fans are not OK that he missed them.

They do however, realise that he's still developing and has plenty of scope for improvement, has the strength to hold the ball up, wins the ball in the air reasonably frequently, the speed to get behind defenders, the close control to take them on, was not an unnecessary signing at the time, has spent much longer spells out of the team, did not come with an enormous reputation and has not cost a huge amount for very little return.  

24 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

47 appearances in 12 months. Hardly frozen out.

He played better tonight than he often has but his signing was still unwise and a resounding failure so far. There have been precious few signs that he's got much more to give.

What are your thoughts on Abdi? 

I'm intrigued.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Joao had a very good game; just a shame he wasted our two best chances. But fans are not OK that he missed them.

They do however, realise that he's still developing and has plenty of scope for improvement, has the strength to hold the ball up, wins the ball in the air reasonably frequently, the speed to get behind defenders, the close control to take them on, was not an unnecessary signing at the time, has spent much longer spells out of the team, did not come with an enormous reputation and has not cost a huge amount for very little return.  

Strange.

These same fans were saying what a waste of money he was and we should get rid a few weeks ago.

So which fans are right?

The fans who said he was a waste of space a month ago.

The fans who say he's the best thing since sliced bread today.

Or the fans next month who say he's a waste of space again.

FFS.

FFS.

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Also he is not far goal wise behind Steven Fletcher who allegedly our highest paid player.

Who's been here 2 seasons.

FFS.