Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

Thought he played Ok, dont forget he is not a striker, he cant be, he must be somat else, the new Manager will sort it out, maybe we could put him in goal, he does wave his arms a lot and falls over, got goal keeper pub league written all over.

1 minute ago, welsOwl74 said:

fans just getting on his back because he cost 8 million,

joaos misses where far worse than Rhodes 

Maybe but Joao contributed loads to the team unlike Rhodes. Rhodes sole strength is his finishing and without that he offers nothing.

Let's hope its a confidence thing and Jos can get him firing again but I won't be holding my breath.

Thought he had a good game, yes a poor header on goal, could have done better with his shot on target, but his hold up play and set up for Joao was good.

Joao missed chances too, easier ones and he got MoM.

Using Rhodes as a scapegoat isn't helping, you can't pin all the blame on one striker.

1 I’m not a pig

2 no I don’t go to every game (I live 365 miles away)

3 I’ve been hiding in the shadows for 5 years

4 I’ve been watching Wednesday since I was 7 years old (35 years ago)

Jordan Roades isn’t a bad player (proven track record)

when he is being feed scraps he is going to struggle , he is Wednesday through and through some morons on here slate him , yes he is low on confidence 

but far too many think every time he touches the ball he should be scoring 

5 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Maybe but Joao contributed loads to the team unlike Rhodes. Rhodes sole strength is his finishing and without that he offers nothing.

Let's hope its a confidence thing and Jos can get him firing again but I won't be holding my breath.

and no wonder he lacks confidence with 'fans' abusing him and him getting 1 decent chance a game .

no way am I defending Rhodes but my god youd think he was getting 10 one on one chances a game,the way some fans slag  him off

Edited by welsOwl74

He will come good, it is the environment he's been with us in that's damaged his confidence.

Just like most of our other players perhaps with the exception of Reach, the only one who has not been playing worse than last season by the time CC left. Maybe Hooper as well.

Defended him initially in hope would come good with hooper but not seen any improvement, sadly dont think hes suited to us as he needs quality crosses as no pace for thru balls.

1 half chance and 1 great chance tonight and nowhere near, with no decent wide players would drop for matias who comes deep to link, runs channels or can get in behind which probably suits us better.

Would take 5-6m, cut losses and reinvest, we need lb and pacy striker imo

1 minute ago, welsOwl74 said:

and no wonder he lacks confidence with 'fans' abusing him and him getting 1 decent chance a game .

no way am I defending Rhodes but my god youd think he was getting 10 one on one chances a game,the way some fans slag  him off

I hardly think what I said counts as abusing him or slagging him off. He's in the team to score goals. I don't think its unreasonable to suggest he should be doing better on that count.

5 minutes ago, selbyowls said:

Back him and give him some confidence, nearly everybody on here wanted to sign him, biggest thread ever.

Play to his strength and hes the best striker in the championship and its proven.

Cant agree I just don't see how he can suddenly become the best ,was prolific not been for 3 years now .

I never wanted him in the first place. Love to be proved wrong   

18 minutes ago, FutureOwl said:

Yes, sell him for 5p just as a new manger comes in who actually wants him involved and gets him firing again

What like when CC was manager?

His trigger's ceased up mate, firing pin is rusted beyond repair and the fooooking barrel is twisted....We nee a new gun

2 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Good linkup play tonight.

Missed two chances. Most strikers do. More focus on it because we don’t create nearly enough.

Jos’ll sort it out.

If he offered more with his all round game it wouldn't matter so much. All our other strikers contribute more with their all round game so he has to be better than them at finishing to warrant a place in the side.

1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

I hardly think what I said counts as abusing him or slagging him off. He's in the team to score goals. I don't think its unreasonable to suggest he should be doing better on that count.

well ive just back to car from match,when he missed the second chance,fans around me booing him,shoughting abuse at him.must be really lovely feeling hearing that .

yes he should be doing better but so should a lot of players but the price tag doesn't match does it 

3 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

well ive just back to car from match,when he missed the second chance,fans around me booing him,shoughting abuse at him.must be really lovely feeling hearing that .

yes he should be doing better but so should a lot of players but the price tag doesn't match does it 

Totally agree that's not on, never condone booing your own players at a match. Completely counterproductive.