Jordan Rhodes - Disaster

I can't help feeling if it had been Winnall up front instead of Jordan , first half we would have nicked that.

I'm not slagging Rhodes off...I would love for him to hit a streak, but be honest..Does it look like happening?

When he isn't scoring, what does he add?.....nothing bar a threat based on reputation.

I thought Wednesday did well tonight...Half the f.ookin' team is missing, and we should have won.

Jordan rhodes needs team around him, gets his confidence...off he goes...We haven't got the chemistry for that at the moment...

Everyone is working their nads off to get a draw...Its simply where we are at the minute...

Is Jordan Rhodes a failure?

We dunno...Half the team is out injured !

8 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

What like when CC was manager?

His trigger's ceased up mate, firing pin is rusted beyond repair and the fooooking barrel is twisted....We nee a new gun

CC froze him out of the setup. Made it perfectly clear to JR he wasn’t in his plans. DC signed him. 

JR has been rotting in training with no chance of first team unless desperate. 

He he just needs some love and WD40 on that firing pin and he will be back on fire. 

JR saga will be yet another skeleton exposed out of the slimeball CC’s closet. They just keep coming.....

He did OK today all things considered hes put in far worse performances in a Wednesday shirt. But people who keep saying he will come good are bordering on deluded now. We created two good chances for him and he failed to take them, the commentator said we've put more crosses in than any other championship team so that cant be blamed either.

This is how good he is at this level now, hes been performing like this for the last couple of years he isn't suddenly gonna learn how to run or learn how to hold his centre back off, he should be judged on his recent performances. What he might have done years ago is no longer relevant, its like signing le fondre and sharp and wanting to build a team around them because they 'guarantee goals' they're yesterdays men. For now matias is probably the one looking to take his shirt and its up to jordan to keep him out of the team, sadly once ff and hooper are back he should be nowhere near the team as hes not in the same class as them.

13 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

If he offered more with his all round game it wouldn't matter so much. All our other strikers contribute more with their all round game so he has to be better than them at finishing to warrant a place in the side.

Its a fair point. Never ever been his game though. I do think he’s trying to adapt and slowly getting better in that regard.

19 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

He will come good, it is the environment he's been with us in that's damaged his confidence.

Just like most of our other players perhaps with the exception of Reach, the only one who has not been playing worse than last season by the time CC left. Maybe Hooper as well.

Exactly this. When he arrived he was regarded by many as the 'Messiah' but then got frozen out by Carlos and had to put up with sub appearances or only playing when Hoops/Fletch were injured. This must have rattled his confidence no-end. Since getting back for regular starts we haven't played to his strengths until now. He will come good (I hope). 

17 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Cant agree I just don't see how he can suddenly become the best ,was prolific not been for 3 years now .

I never wanted him in the first place. Love to be proved wrong   

You must have been in the minority this time last year every body wanted him! biggest thread ever.

If Jos plays to his strengths he will come good.

JL & JR need a good run in the team... then I’ll judge them.... I’m sure the different style of football and eventual increase in fitness will work out for these guys... they were both unfortunate tonight in front of goal, but other than that looked good... I though Matias also looked better when he came on... 

Missed 2 great chances and should have buried at least one of them. 

But at least he's getting in the positions and getting the chances.

Thought his partnership with joao was 10x better than it was a week ago. Think they could be great together.

Cardiff in the top 3. Always going to be a tough game. Can't people just be happy at how organised we now look? 

Can't wait to see what Jos can do with our 1st team.

10 minutes ago, trask43 said:

He did OK today all things considered hes put in far worse performances in a Wednesday shirt. But people who keep saying he will come good are bordering on deluded now. We created two good chances for him and he failed to take them, the commentator said we've put more crosses in than any other championship team so that cant be blamed either.

This is how good he is at this level now, hes been performing like this for the last couple of years he isn't suddenly gonna learn how to run or learn how to hold his centre back off, he should be judged on his recent performances. What he might have done years ago is no longer relevant, its like signing le fondre and sharp and wanting to build a team around them because they 'guarantee goals' they're yesterdays men. For now matias is probably the one looking to take his shirt and its up to jordan to keep him out of the team, sadly once ff and hooper are back he should be nowhere near the team as hes not in the same class as them.

1, All strikers miss chances.

2, we might have put in more crosses than other teams but the quality is often poor, badly targeted and usually slow, floaty high balls that are easy to defend. Put some fast accurate crosses in and things might be different.

If Rhodes doesn’t score in a game then you’re never going to come away that impressed with him, it’s just not his game. Confidence is low so he’s not burying the chances he used to reliably stick in the net, but he’s got a fair amount of time to turn it around, some decent flashes of link up play from him tonight.