Full of running last night in the centre forward role.  Didn't have to worry about doing any of the defensive work (although he did once or twice) and that looked to make him much more comfortable.  Took his goal well and looked to link up well with the team.

Could this be his rebirth?  The answer to our striking problems?  Bear in mind it was snowing last night so he must have been a bit chilly as well.  He's usually injured at this time of year lol 

Arise, Marco!

Edited by wednesdaywizard

Guest wilyfox

With FF out for a coupla months+ Matias' attributes very welcome. Doesn't fight and scrap in the same way, but his movement and technique may prove useful.  

5 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Goal obviously impressive but the run he made which won him some yards was very good and something he could do every game. 

Like I just said above. Makes that kind of run all the time. best we have at it. Think Jos may turn him into a player if he is willing to let him play that more forward role without so much defensive responsibility.

Guest RocketOwl

Will be dropped for you know who if this was the Carlos era.

Interested to see what Jos does with strikers on Saturday.

I will be very encouraged if Jos starts either Nuhiu or Matias with Joao.

I will be dissapointed if he reverts back to Rhodes after the other two have shown a little more then Jordan has been recently.

Thats a fair view I think. 

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

Will be dropped for you know who if this was the Carlos era.

Interested to see what Jos does with strikers on Saturday.

I will be very encouraged if Jos starts either Nuhiu or Matias with Joao.

I will be dissapointed if he reverts back to Rhodes after the other two have shown a little more then Jordan has been recently.

Thats a fair view I think. 

think he will start with Rhodes and bring Matias on in second half, might cause more of a problem when Cardiff defenders are a little tired

His spinning off and running off the ball work was good last night - its a shame none of our midfielders could pick out the passes.  He kept dropping deep and then running in behind - the ONLY player in our side who can do this apart from Forestieri who offers a bit of something different to the one dimensional build up play we've seen for the last 18 months. 

Thing that struck me about him was his pace and movement.  Always looking to run  in behind and provide an option. Both him and Nuhiu offered more than Rhodes ever would. Tricky selection conundrum now for saturday, it's two from Joao, Nuhiu and Mathias for me.

5 minutes ago, richowl said:

For me Saturday.....

------------Nuhiu--------

Joao--------Reach--------Matias 

Nuhiu to bring a bit of presence up top against a couple of big CB's & Joao/Matias to bring some pace and trickery.

Joao and Matias in support, I like it! Stick Reach in there too.

2 hours ago, wednesdaywizard said:

Full of running last night in the centre forward role.  Didn't have to worry about doing any of the defensive work (although he did once or twice) and that looked to make him much more comfortable.  Took his goal well and looked to link up well with the team.

Could this be his rebirth?  The answer to our striking problems?  Bear in mind it was snowing last night so he must have been a bit chilly as well.  He's usually injured at this time of year lol 

Arise, Marco!

He got off his Mighty a s s 

57 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

His spinning off and running off the ball work was good last night - its a shame none of our midfielders could pick out the passes.  He kept dropping deep and then running in behind - the ONLY player in our side who can do this apart from Forestieri who offers a bit of something different to the one dimensional build up play we've seen for the last 18 months. 

We were saying this last night, the number of times he either made space to receive the ball or go on the break only to have the midfielders not even try to get the ball to him