59 minutes ago, Ironman said:

Thing that struck me about him was his pace and movement.  Always looking to run  in behind and provide an option. Both him and Nuhiu offered more than Rhodes ever would. Tricky selection conundrum now for saturday, it's two from Joao, Nuhiu and Mathias for me.

What about Clare? Whats his role if he gets on? 

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, GEE said:

think he will start with Rhodes and bring Matias on in second half, might cause more of a problem when Cardiff defenders are a little tired

Won't be tired if they are marking Rhodes.

Well done, Marco. Got an opportunity and showed that he's up for it, in those conditions as well.

I do find everyone's berating of Rhodes a bit bizarre tho. Here's Matias.. who before tonight no one would have wanted near the team, but under a new manager we've played to his strengths and he's looked good and got a goal. Why on earth do people think that Rhodes can't do the same under Jos? Everyone knows Rhode's record.. he has the ability, and this is a new start for everyone. Rhodes under Jos will be a different beast to Rhodes under Carlos, I have no doubt.

I'd actually like to see Rhodes and Matias up top together on Saturday. Matias has a bit of pace, makes really good runs and his passing seems much better than Joao (who's been pretty loose with it lately). Rhodes always draws multiple defenders, that makes Matias running in behind easier and more dangerous, then you have Rhodes arriving later for a cut back if needed. They could work really well together.

Obviously it'd be nice to see Joao and Matias up top together too, purely because that's what they were doing before they came to us, but I think Rhodes has more goals in him that Joao and could really suit working with Matias.

• Thanks 2

Maybe Jos will continue to surprise with his team selections. 

If new signings aren’t ready to start I would probably go with the below and try and get the front 2 to upset the Cardiff defence with their movement 

João 

Matias

Jones  Reach  Wallace

Fox.                                     Palmer

Pudil Vennancio O’Grady

Wildsmith

The forgotten man in many ways but it’s obvious that he’s got talent. It’ll be interesting to see how much he plays between now and the end of the season. I get the feeling that all Carlos’ outcasts are going to get an opportunity under Lukuhay. That said if the recent transfer links are anything to go by there will be plenty of change between now and the beginning of next season and in all fairness there has to be.

It's time Matias had a proper run in the team. He's obviously a class act and even more obvious was CC hatred of him 

What did he do to be cast out 

Smile? 

Run too quickly? 

Show individual skills and invention?

Speak when not spoken to?

Didn't dof his cap to god? 

Or maybe he asked a reasonable question like, your honour, your eminence, why won't you pick me? 

That alone would have cc cast him out into dantes inferno with all of the other highly skilled players who would have got us promoted. 

It's time to try and get Matias playing. He's had a terrible time at the hands of a tyrannical manager and that's knocks anyone's commitment to take club. After what wednesday have put him through he owes the club nothing. 

However, he owes himself the chance to be a footballer again. He owes him the chance to show us what we've been missing. 

All of the players who were abused by cc should get a public apology. That won't happen. So the best way to show cc up for what he was is to do it on the pitch. 

Otherwise cc and his acolytes will always have the last word. And that ain't Easy with megalomaniacs like cc. 

Come on  Matias you've got it so let's have it. 

The time has come to step up 

Hopefully 

MM did very well against a poor side. He still had to do the running though & could easily have tssd it off in the crap weather.

Felt a bit sorry for him when he was told to come back & defend on the edge of our box, for their corners. He was clearly the fastest outlet, but was nowhere near half way when Dawson got the ball & ready to throw it.

Still bodes well, an extra forward.

8 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

MM did very well against a poor side. He still had to do the running though & could easily have tssd it off in the crap weather.

Felt a bit sorry for him when he was told to come back & defend on the edge of our box, for their corners. He was clearly the fastest outlet, but was nowhere near half way when Dawson got the ball & ready to throw it.

Still bodes well, an extra forward.

Poor lad and it was snowing an all . 

When he gets rave reviews against a championship side I may change my opinion of him

Dont get me wrong I would love him to turn into the player we thought we had but he has a long way to go . 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 17/01/2018 at 18:27, Shetland Owl said:

Could we be in the team on Saturday, he played this role in Portugal and scored 17 goals. He adds a bit of pace and could link up with Joao

I'd play these two up front on Saturday.  Cardiff's back line is very cumbersome so these two will cause problems I think!!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
21 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Maybe Jos will continue to surprise with his team selections. 

If new signings aren’t ready to start I would probably go with the below and try and get the front 2 to upset the Cardiff defence with their movement 

João 

Matias

Jones  Reach  Wallace

Fox.                                     Palmer

Pudil Vennancio O’Grady

Wildsmith

Only change for me is Hunt instead of Palmer. Our Liam is a bit crap to be honest!

42 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Poor lad and it was snowing an all . 

When he gets rave reviews against a championship side I may change my opinion of him

Dont get me wrong I would love him to turn into the player we thought we had but he has a long way to go . 

:laugh:  It was more about us not having an outlet, than him getting wet. He clearly wanted to stay upfield, so he could attack them more. Probably thought he could have had another goal or two. That whole tactic of everybody back baffles me anyway. Leave one up, they leave two back. Advantage us in our own box for their corner.

FFS

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

It's time Matias had a proper run in the team. He's obviously a class act and even more obvious was CC hatred of him 

What did he do to be cast out 

Smile? 

Run too quickly? 

Show individual skills and invention?

Speak when not spoken to?

Didn't dof his cap to god? 

Or maybe he asked a reasonable question like, your honour, your eminence, why won't you pick me? 

That alone would have cc cast him out into dantes inferno with all of the other highly skilled players who would have got us promoted. 

It's time to try and get Matias playing. He's had a terrible time at the hands of a tyrannical manager and that's knocks anyone's commitment to take club. After what wednesday have put him through he owes the club nothing. 

However, he owes himself the chance to be a footballer again. He owes him the chance to show us what we've been missing. 

All of the players who were abused by cc should get a public apology. That won't happen. So the best way to show cc up for what he was is to do it on the pitch. 

Otherwise cc and his acolytes will always have the last word. And that ain't Easy with megalomaniacs like cc. 

Come on  Matias you've got it so let's have it. 

The time has come to step up 

Hopefully 

Reading between the lines here, I’m guessing you didn’t like Carlos much

20 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Only change for me is Hunt instead of Palmer. Our Liam is a bit crap to be honest!

Palmer is much more confident on the ball than Hunt has better distribution and is more suited to the 3-5-2 system . 

My hunch is Jos will prefer Palmer .

9 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

:laugh:  It was more about us not having an outlet, than him getting wet. He clearly wanted to stay upfield, so he could attack them more. Probably thought he could have had another goal or two. That whole tactic of everybody back baffles me anyway. Leave one up, they leave two back. Advantage us in our own box for their corner.

FFS

I am sure Jos will take note of your suggestion .