Jump to content

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Barneynorthstandowl said:

I would say Paul clement or the ginger genius 

Screenshot_20171224-111326.png

Christ. The cv's will be flying in on the hope of one final big pay off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pearson, megson or pulis for me. 

 

Whoever it is I hope its only till the end of the season and we reassess then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ramone said:

People are still saying Nigel Pearson, after all the years people still think he might take the job if offered. Let me make this simple...

 

HE WONT

Spoke to him on Sheffield station when he was at Leicester and he said that management always ended in failure and that he didn't want to ruin his (family) life in Sheffield.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Only because we've not thrown our hat in the ring yet, Wednesday are a far bigger club and must be a better option for him. 

boro have still got parachute money to spend so no worries about FFP and  a owner who knows the game inside out . I think it would be a no brainer that boro would be a better option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, peacock1961 said:

Spoke to him on Sheffield station when he was at Leicester and he said that management always ended in failure and that he didn't want to ruin his (family) life in Sheffield.

He's been very vocal about it mate. For ages. Yet people still tout him for the job. Madness

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ramone said:

People are still saying Nigel Pearson, after all the years people still think he might take the job if offered. Let me make this simple...

 

HE WONT

He’s currently managing in the Belgian Second Division. So really, why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Been saying it will be Karanka for months. nothing happened to change my mind so far.

 

However if there is any hope at getting Slaven Bilic then do it now.

Karanka would be a disaster, no personality can't tell what he's saying his press calls are the most boring I've ever seen from any manager and he left Boro with a split dressing room. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

He’s currently managing in the Belgian Second Division. So really, why not?

Are you joking? Do you know anything about Nigel Pearson?

 

See Peacocks post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BrianMarwood said:

That list is depressing. I now worry for the rest of this season...

Keep it close to home - Hutchinson/Bullen for this season...

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Bark1062 said:

Pulls & megs to put some pride back in playing for this club and accepting no sheet.

 

 

I would welcome Pearson - would put our spine back in.

thst said I would not reject your Pulis + Megson combo idea - think it has legs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget the usual names and our of work managers. We can either go for someone else looking for a big pay day with multiple sacking or we could do something forward thinking by going for a up and coming manager at this level or below? Personally I think Dean Smith or Slavisa Jokanovic would be ideal. I would go for someone like that or someone on the rise in the lower Leagues. We need to build for next season and the future, bring some excitement back and attacking football. Chansiri would be smart to go for someone like Smith or Jokanovic. Dean Smith is the one for me to build with and take us forward.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought Barnsley Mick would be a good fit at S6 but he's doing ok at Ipswich again this season so cant see him being poached! Martin O Neil and Roy Keane it is then!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dennis Bergkamp

 

Just been sacked from Ajax, he'd certainly want us playing a decent brand of attacking football.

Spent a lot of time coaching in the Ajax youth academy, which is one of the best in the world so he'll have an eye for young talent.

Was rumoured to be interested in the Reading job a few years back so the championship isn't beneath him.

He'd definitely command the players respect.

It would be a gamble but I'd rather have him than any of the usual suspects that get branded around as soon as a manager gets the boot! 

 

Total football at hillsborough!

Bring it on!

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like Paul Cook done well wherever he has been and plays attacking football.

Think Pearson ok but understand does not want job.

Paul Hurst and Graham Potter also have good records and would be acceptable.

If wwe go from somebody from abroad I would select a manager from German league most similar to English and science is good in they concentrate on fitness and tactics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Waddle Wonderland 85 said:

Dennis Bergkamp

 

Just been sacked from Ajax, he'd certainly want us playing a decent brand of attacking football.

Spent a lot of time coaching in the Ajax youth academy, which is one of the best in the world so he'll have an eye for young talent.

Was rumoured to be interested in the Reading job a few years back so the championship isn't beneath him.

He'd definitely command the players respect.

It would be a gamble but I'd rather have him than any of the usual suspects that get branded around as soon as a manager gets the boot! 

 

Total football at hillsborough!

Bring it on!

I don't think it would happen but boy would I take it. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCarthy is a Leeds fan, and hates us. 

 

The man for the job is Pearson. Faffing around in the Belgian 2nd division, when he could be managing here. One phone call will do it, and the Thai connection will help. This nonsense about him never managing a club in Sheffield has been peddled around by  Pearson out of respect for the encumbant manager. He would walk here. Lives in Fulwood, had his best time as a player here. 

 

That said, if it were my choice, I'd get Roy Keane in. There is a manager in that bloke, and he has a point to prove. Championship promotion on his CV, and just the type of character this club needs, at this time. 

 

 

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vulva said:

McCarthy is a Leeds fan, and hates us. 

 

The man for the job is Pearson. Faffing around in the Belgian 2nd division, when he could be managing here. One phone call will do it, and the Thai connection will help. This nonsense about him never managing a club in Sheffield has been peddled around by  Pearson out of respect for the encumbant manager. He would walk here. Lives in Fulwood, had his best time as a player here. 

 

That said, if it were my choice, I'd get Roy Keane in. There is a manager in that bloke, and he has a point to prove. Championship promotion on his CV, and just the type of character this club needs, at this time. 

 

 

Roy Keane would be a disaster and end in tears. Mick would play worse football than Carlos but he wouldn’t take any bobbar and we’d be hard to beat. My choice would be Dean Smith 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...