Next manager odds

7 minutes ago, Waddle Wonderland 85 said:

Dennis Bergkamp

Just been sacked from Ajax, he'd certainly want us playing a decent brand of attacking football.

Spent a lot of time coaching in the Ajax youth academy, which is one of the best in the world so he'll have an eye for young talent.

Was rumoured to be interested in the Reading job a few years back so the championship isn't beneath him.

He'd definitely command the players respect.

It would be a gamble but I'd rather have him than any of the usual suspects that get branded around as soon as a manager gets the boot! 

Total football at hillsborough!

Bring it on!

Plays with pace, width and a 433. I'd definitely take him.

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Roy Keane would be a disaster and end in tears. Mick would play worse football than Carlos but he wouldn’t take any bobbar and we’d be hard to beat. My choice would be Dean Smith 

Dean Smith is a coach, surrounded by an outstanding recruitment process.

Can you see any issues here with what is set up at Sheffield Wednesday?

Carlos leaving is the right decision, but fans are in for a big shock if they think a new manager, whichever cab on the rank it is, will sort this out. Carlos wasn't the major issue here. The club just is not functioning correctly, and Carlos is the Lee Harvey Oswald in all this. 

Edited by vulva

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Dean Smith is a coach, surrounded by an outstanding recruitment process.

Can you see any issues here with what is set up at Sheffield Wednesday?

Carlos leaving is the right decision, but fans are in for a big shock if they think a new manager, whichever cab on the rank it is, will sort this out.  wasn't the major issue here. The club just is not functioning correctly, and Carlos is the Lee Harvey Oswald in all this. 

His recruitment and tactics installed means he’s rightfully taking the slack. It wasn’t a needle in a haystack situation. He’s largely to blame for this season 

Good job it's not up to owlstalk to vote for or appoint the new man. Just fear that Chansiri and his advisers knowledge about football is far less than some of us on here. Surely we need someone with Championship experience but we should stay clear of the usual suspects with multiple sackings or leftfield appointments? Personally I think it's a job ideal for someone like Dean Smith or Slavisa Jokanovic. We need exciting attacking football back but we also need a serious rebuild on and off the pitch. For those reasons and other reasons, someone like Smith or Jokanovic would be ideal and smart choices.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

I've always got the impression that your jokanovics and your smiths are good coaches in good set ups, where they work with players given to them. For me I'd like to see someone who's really experienced enough to get the set up right behind the scenes and won't take any less. As much as we've spent we're still a club with a very poor injury and rehabilitation side (if any) and an estate agent who was our number 2. For me a Pulis or even a McCarthey wouldn't accept our set up as it is.