Next manager odds

14 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Megson, Pearson or Pulis for me

All won promotion out of this league

Would command instant respect in the dressing room

Would all get the team organised, fit and playing for the shirt 

Anyone who wants a fashionable name over someone with experience and substance isn’t wired up properly imo. This is the 2nd tier of English football not the champions league, we need someone who knows how to get out of it 

Big big appointment coming up

100% agree.

All this "big name" bullsh*t is self indulgent and counterproductive. 

Football (particularly at this level) isn't complicated, if we appoint someone who gets the players fit and well organised we'll be a match for anyone.

I'd love garymegson back, but I don't think it'll ever happen. 

1 minute ago, Havin-a-hoot said:

I'm currently in Sweden with the inlaws and everyone thinks we should pay whatever it takes to get this guy. I've not actually watched his team play but from hearin about him sounds a class act. 

Definitely against grayson he's a l#@ds man, could he become our own reverse wilko', I very much doubt it lol

2 minutes ago, Havin-a-hoot said:

I'm currently in Sweden with the inlaws and everyone thinks we should pay whatever it takes to get this guy. I've not actually watched his team play but from hearin about him sounds a class act. 

What he has done in that space of time, building a team, 4 promotions, European football. Anything you can do while you are over there? 

This list basically means nowt. The bookies have a list of names they’d stick next to any Championship vacancy in the first couple of hours. 

Lots of credible candidates not even even on it eg: Michael Appleton, Michael O’Neill. 

I personally would favour a young progressive coach to get their feet under the table this season before making big changes next summer. Paul Hurst is that man for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

100% agree.

All this "big name" bullsh*t is self indulgent and counterproductive. 

Football (particularly at this level) isn't complicated, if we appoint someone who gets the players fit and well organised we'll be a match for anyone.

I'd love garymegson back, but I don't think it'll ever happen. 

Not so much big name bull bud, both meggo and pulis both know we are capable of becoming a big club again and we're bigger in the past than WBA where they were. They will know our chairman has his flaws but is a patient man and will back whomever is in charge to the hilt and his own detriment as we've seen, both out of work and available and pulis likes to build a club from the ground up and try to improve every season,so would actually fit pulis remit quite well,like at  West Brom and Stoke. 

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

Not so much big name bull bud, both meggo and pulis both know we are capable of becoming a big club again and we're bigger in the past than WBA where they were. They will know our chairman has his flaws but is a patient man and will back whomever is in charge to the hilt and his own detriment as we've seen, both out of work and available and pulis likes to build a club from the ground up and try to improve every season,so would actually fit pulis remit quite well,like at  West Brom and Stoke. 

Pulis is going to Boro it would seem.

1 minute ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Pity that, missed the boat, hopefully he won't take meggo with him. 

He's out of work and would for me be perfect as an interim appointment initially till the end of the season to steady the ship before it sinks, though I'm sure meggo being at our last few matches maybe not a coincidence. 

If we could get Pulis and Megson as a manager, coach team surely that would be a dream ticket?  Allow them to sort out the squad this season then have a right go next.  I appreciate that Pulis is considered a bit anti football, but I reckon much of that is purely down to trying survive life in the PL with a weak squad.

5 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Only because we've not thrown our hat in the ring yet, Wednesday are a far bigger club and must be a better option for him. 

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Been saying it will be Karanka for months. nothing happened to change my mind so far.

However if there is any hope at getting Slaven Bilic then do it now.

Exactly. I’m confident it will be Karanka - fits the profile of a Chansiri type of appointment. Obviously, I would go for Bilic if it was viable but sadly this will not be feasible due to wage demands and we currently sit in lower mid table of the Championship.

Ive said on other threads that it will definitely not be Megson, Pearson or Pulis. No way! 

16 minutes ago, MalagaOwl said:

What he has done in that space of time, building a team, 4 promotions, European football. Anything you can do while you are over there? 

It would be quicker for me to get back to England than it would to get that far north. About an 8 hour drive and as I don't drive...

Edited by Havin-a-hoot
  • Haha 1

Just now, East Yorks Owl said:

If we could get Pulis and Megson as a manager, coach team surely that would be a dream ticket?  Allow them to sort out the squad this season then have a right go next.  I appreciate that Pulis is considered a bit anti football, but I reckon much of that is purely down to trying survive life in the PL with a weak squad.

no it's not his sides have always played that way ......I wouldn't be against one or both of them coming here and  i'd be expecting more of the same but with hopefully better results ....