Next manager odds

Guest Bulgaria
15 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

The only one I can see coming is Karanka. I see us going for a foreign Manager. No way can I see Chansiri appointing Megson, Pulis or Pearson - not in a million years.

i agree.

it will be a foreign appointment. IMHO

Megson, Pearson or Pulis for me

All won promotion out of this league

Would command instant respect in the dressing room

Would all get the team organised, fit and playing for the shirt 

Anyone who wants a fashionable name over someone with experience and substance isn’t wired up properly imo. This is the 2nd tier of English football not the champions league, we need someone who knows how to get out of it 

Big big appointment coming up

None of them on that list, Dean Smith, Mick Mccarthy, Tony Pulis would be the best choice if they could get him, Megs on would certainly sell the club to him, but he'll be well aware of the potential the club has. 

16 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Pearson or Giggs with an experienced assistant for me.  

Then Lambert

Clement would be good for getting players on loan from chelsea

Hurst would be interesting but wouldn’t happen 

Hate to agree with the Cult, but bringing meggo in till the end of the season would probably be our best bet at the moment. Knows the fans, knows the league and the club and could quickly give those that need a kick up the backside motivation and no nonsense enough if in just till the end of season to stand up to the chairman and stabilise the ship. 

Then bring Hurst in ready for next season to bring younger fresher ideas in and modern methods. I think we're at the moment too much of a mess to dump him in the deep end right now and would ruin him. Maybe if we could find a way to make it work keep meggo on as a director of football type role to add experience and advise to both chairman and new manager. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Hate to agree with the Cult, but bringing meggo in till the end of the season would probably be our best bet at the moment. Knows the fans, knows the league and the club and could quickly give those that need a kick up the backside motivation and no nonsense enough if in just till the end of season to stand up to the chairman and stabilise the ship. 

He's been out for such a long time though...might be a risk too far to DC.  I can see Pulis or Karanka or until the end of the season, both experienced.

6 minutes ago, gizowl said:

None of them on that list, Dean Smith, Mick Mccarthy, Tony Pulis would be the best choice if they could get him, Megs on would certainly sell the club to him, but he'll be well aware of the potential the club has. 

McCarthy is also a good shout

He’d love this group of players and he’s also add the much needed pace and power

Just now, Suzuki_San said:

He's been out for such a long time though...might be a risk too far to DC.  I can see Pulis or Karanka or until the end of the season, both experienced.

And his experience of promotion in this league came about, I think, when it was still called the 1st division. Not exactly up to date. Remember how out of touch Dalglish was when he went back to Liverpool

5 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I said this a week or two ago bud, only to be informed he'd been pulis assistant at WBA until recently when pulis left bud. 

8 minutes ago, MalagaOwl said:

Graham Potter not being on that list reeks of laziness. Wouldn't mind Grayson I guess. 

I'm currently in Sweden with the inlaws and everyone thinks we should pay whatever it takes to get this guy. I've not actually watched his team play but from hearin about him sounds a class act. 

16 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Megson, Pearson or Pulis for me

All won promotion out of this league

Would command instant respect in the dressing room

Would all get the team organised, fit and playing for the shirt 

Anyone who wants a fashionable name over someone with experience and substance isn’t wired up properly imo. This is the 2nd tier of English football not the champions league, we need someone who knows how to get out of it 

Big big appointment coming up

May as well be greedy and take Both, Megson for the fans and to help galvanise everyone again as assistant to pulis like at West Brom bud.