Jack Reynolds

Gusztav Sebes

Vic Buckingham

Herbert Chapman

George Raynor

Jack Greenwell

Marcelo Bielsa

Me. And me mate.

Any of them will do even if some of em are no longer living.

Edited by Walt

1 hour ago, Geosword said:

Mick McCarthy.
Not fashionable but has done it before, 'gets' the locals and would love to be back in this area.
This is still just the second division of English football. Carlos has tried to convince all and sundry that this league is as difficult as climbing Everest backwards naked.
Defences are shiite at this level.
Spend money on quality players tell them to attack - give them belief and you'll be up there.
He'll do that and the players won't dare to not put a shift in.
Promotion.

Fantastic shout. Local lad as well. Done a brilliant jobs with the Tractors with little money to spend. 

3 hours ago, Peake said:

I can't believe I've seen Ranieri, Koeman, Tuchel and Nagelsmann suggested. Who do we think we are :laugh:

I also can't believe a season ticket holder would suggest Pulis.

I wonder how many Stoke City season ticket holders are grateful Pulis came along and got them promoted and stabilised as a premier league club. I guess we have higher standards tho after only 17 years outside the top league 

:carlosswfc:

we need a manager who's old school (I know I know) but back to basics, attacking with pride and sod your egos lads

trouble us the pampered lot we've got still wouldn't react well

we've had 2 good years out of the last how many???

DC should read this, his lad does so they know our club is in disarray right now in what should have been

a fantastic 150th anniversary year

roll on may!!!!!!!!!!:ph34r:

Do you find a manager to fit this squad (can’t buy more players with FFP) or do you spend 2 seasons rebuilding?

For me we’re working with a squad that is beyond its physical peak. This team needs some strength and pace...not a new manager. Or a new manager needs to rebuild.

This squad - Alex Neil, Paco Jemez or Aitor Karanka

Rebuild - Lee Johnson, Dean Smith, Gary Monk or Paul Cook

4 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I wonder how many Stoke City season ticket holders are grateful Pulis came along and got them promoted and stabilised as a premier league club. I guess we have higher standards tho after only 17 years outside the top league 

:carlosswfc:

I understand your point. If he could guarantee to take us up I'd have him in a heartbeat but he can't. All he can guarantee is awful football which is only acceptable if you're winning or you don't pay to watch it. He got Stoke promoted nearly 9 years ago and hasn't managed in the Championship since so that would also be a concern.

5 hours ago, Peake said:

I understand your point. If he could guarantee to take us up I'd have him in a heartbeat but he can't. All he can guarantee is awful football which is only acceptable if you're winning or you don't pay to watch it. He got Stoke promoted nearly 9 years ago and hasn't managed in the Championship since so that would also be a concern.

Fair enough, we are being quite specific if we are rejecting a manager who has a championship promotion on his cv but it’s from 9 years ago and since then he’s been keeping teams in the premier league 

The awful football he’s brought to the likes of Palace and West Brom are because he was trying to keep a “small budget” team in the premier league. Maybe not the way some of us would want to go about it, but we have to get there first. And then he could be replaced, like the Saints did with Adkins

Im not sure he used awful football as the style to get Stoke promoted from the championship, I’d have to ask stoke fans