IF Carlos were to go tomorrow

1 minute ago, lancashireowl said:

I get Dean Smith is quite a progressive manager, but he hasn’t really achieved anything. He also seems to have teams with poor defences, bar that he is a good choice.

Id say getting Brentford in the top half of the championship after constantly selling their best players is quite an achievement . 

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Id say getting Brentford in the top half of the championship after constantly selling their best players is quite an achievement . 

It is an achievement yes. But Brentford had been upwards trajectory before Smith, Rosler got them promoted and then Warburton got them into the playoffs. Yes I know they were overachieving ( and still are) but Smith’s finishes have been worse than both of theirs and have been slightly worse season on season. Don’t get me wrong he is a good candidate, but Hurst has turned around a poor, poor Shrewsbury team into promotion candidates with hardly any money at all and Neil had an awful Hamilton Accies side competing at the top of the SPL. He also took Norwich from like 14th (where we are now) somehow dragged them to 6th and brought them up through the playoffs. Yes I know he got relegated with Norwich eventually, but he is doing excellently with Preston again now. Them two are my preferred options.

Not many of these names people have linked excite me to be honest. Ideally I think we need a British manager that knows the English leagues, someone that doesn't stand for any crap and can bloody motivate these players to get them running through a brick wall for this club. People like Paul Hurst would just be to much of a gamble and I feel he is a long way from taking a club like us on.  

Edited by WalthamOwl

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not many of these names people have linked excite me to be honest. Ideally I think we need a British manager, someone that doesn't stand for any crap and can bloody motivate these players to get them running through a brick wall for this club. 

Could never work with a micro managing chairman . It will be another Yes man from Doyen .