IF Carlos were to go tomorrow

If Carlos did go, then I can see no further than getting in GM until the end of the season. He's available, he'd come like a shot (provided he gets proper control) and can motivate the players. See how he does over the remainder of the season and if it isn't working change it again in the summer merrygoround.

12 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Whoever it is I’d like him up here working for us. Even if he doesn’t find the players i’d still go for Dean Smith, he certainly gets the best out of them. 

Brentfords owner amongst others finds the player, they have a database on players that is second to none.  They are then scouted and the committee, which includes Dean Smith decide if they want to pursue the player or not.  Dean Smith is on the committee but does not have the power of veto, so if the owner and his bods like it they sign them no matter what Smith thinks.  Its why Warburton left because he was refused the power to be able to veto transfers coming into the club.

10 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Gary Megson

Tony Pulis

Dennis Bergkamp

Julian Nagelsmann

Jurgen Klinsmann 

Nigel Pearson

Any of the above would be a marked improvement on what we have.

I'd take a punt of Gary Neville or Ryan Giggs.

Now there's a man who will get off to a flying start (As well as doing impressions of Max Headroom)

• Haha 1

Guest The Horse

Mick McCarthy.
Not fashionable but has done it before, 'gets' the locals and would love to be back in this area.
This is still just the second division of English football. Carlos has tried to convince all and sundry that this league is as difficult as climbing Everest backwards naked.
Defences are shiite at this level.
Spend money on quality players tell them to attack - give them belief and you'll be up there.
He'll do that and the players won't dare to not put a shift in.
Promotion.

8 minutes ago, Geosword said:

Mick McCarthy.
Not fashionable but has done it before, 'gets' the locals and would love to be back in this area.
This is still just the second division of English football. Carlos has tried to convince all and sundry that this league is as difficult as climbing Everest backwards naked.
Defences are shiite at this level.
Spend money on quality players tell them to attack - give them belief and you'll be up there.
He'll do that and the players won't dare to not put a shift in.
Promotion.

This

People say that him, Pulis, Warnock and Megson are dinosaurs, but like you say this isn’t the champions league it’s the second tier of English football. Their methods are still very effective as Warnock is showing this season

Don't want to be mean but have to admit it would make my Christmas if Carlos went tomorrow, the club is in limbo at the moment.

My choice would be Nigel Pearson, but wouldn't mind Dean Smith or Paul Hurst with a more experienced man as director of football to help him maybe Brian Laws or someone else

who understands the club and fans.

Can see the case for Dingle Mick even though I don't particularly like him.

Probably quite an unpopular comment but I’d take megson if I’m honest. We’ve tried the foreigner with fancy footy (debatable), it’s not got us up so let’s go towards the tried and tested. Knows what this club is all about and puts the p in passion. Football snobs saying it’s hoofball but in the last couple of months the times we’ve been out of our seats excited is when Atdhe has come on and we’ve been lumping it forward. I’d give him until end of season min just to see what results are like. 

Edited by swfcjack27