George Hirst Saga..

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

If the amount i was told is correct id tell not to let the door hit him in arse on his way out i'm afraid 

I think not letting him play is vindictive though 

I'm not that up to speed with how the other teams at Wednesday are run TBH. Where would he be considered for a position now? Development squad? Whose jurisdiction would he fall under now (manager wise)? Has that person been told not to pick him? Or does he just consider him not good enough at the moment for the development squad if that's where he belongs. Is it true he can't train as normal and has to duck out of the way when DC is around as some on here would have us believe?

17 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

If the amount i was told is correct id tell not to let the door hit him in arse on his way out i'm afraid 

I think not letting him play is vindictive though 

IF

far too many people assuming their info is correct  I have heard several sums mentioned from 5-20k they cant all be correct

I said earlier if indeed this his agents turning his head with promises of fantasy money then bye bye 

BUT if we lose him and god forbid to that lot down the road for nowt because DC doesn't want to lose face over a an albeit rumoured argument / disagreement with his dad / agents then it's beyond pathetic

2 minutes ago, Teflon Don said:

The club and George Hirst are being played off against each other by something in the middle. 

This something will be very very happy with the scenario right now. 

very possibly the same muppets that have handled our recruitment? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

very possibly the same muppets that have handled our recruitment? 

Wouldn't like to hazard a guess mate.

Lets just say on google one of their contract details were released and its quite frightning. And would explain why the contract is being run down. 

9 minutes ago, steelowl said:

IF

far too many people assuming their info is correct  I have heard several sums mentioned from 5-20k they cant all be correct

I said earlier if indeed this his agents turning his head with promises of fantasy money then bye bye 

BUT if we lose him and god forbid to that lot down the road for nowt because DC doesn't want to lose face over a an albeit rumoured argument / disagreement with his dad / agents then it's beyond pathetic

Thats why i said IF 

I have no idea if it is or isn't 

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

We spunk 2 million up the wall in transfers and wages in 6 months.

Hirst has the potential to play for us for years and years.

I'd take a small risk on Hirst over a Boyd or a Matias every day of the week.

"Keep it in the Family" 

Family Entertainment - The Undertones 

Wax Lyrical. .....

54 minutes ago, heppers said:

George Hirst will not play top flight football.

Unpopular hot take, but I'm inclined to agree. 

Playing well against teenagers doesn't make you a shoe in for the Premier League. I actually think Hirst is squandering his best chance at top flight football - Sheffield Wednesday. 

Hirst can't get game time with our squad, you think he's going to waltz on to the pitch and see time on a squad where Musa sits on the bench? 

... And if he was George Smith it wouldn't be nearly the fuss. 

Edited by Indoor Owl

55 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Playing well against teenagers doesn't make you a shoe in for the Premier League. I actually think Hirst is squandering his best chance at top flight football - Sheffield Wednesday. 

Hirst can't get game time with our squad, you think he's going to waltz on to the pitch and see time on a squad where Musa sits on the bench? 

No insult here.. total respect to you I hope you are totally wrong ..

2 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Ey up OG, hows things? The world seems full of people who know how to spend other peoples money, Quislings the lot of them.

Mighty fine Easty how you doing big man ? 

Talking if spending other people's cash 

How's about DC letting G Hirst out on loan at AFC Fylde with Danny Rowe as a strike partner? Bloody Awesome ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

He'll probably come back to haunt us playing for AFC Fylde at Hillsborough in the Carabao Cup in 2024.

@OWLERTON GHOST

It maybe a question of who blinks first, the lad needs to sign up and prove himself and then he'll get what he deserves, either a big fat contract or shown the door. Too many people want things on a plate these days. At the moment, he just isn't worth it.

More mud slinging from the Hirst side of things (whether Beresford has done this on his own volition). 

Still - I don’t think the club have helped themselves with the whole stopping him playing. In saying that, would we all feel the same if this was a senior player in a similar situation? 

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

But didn't even send him out on loan till january then we would have know one way or the other and had he come back and still not signed but scored a shed load of goal he would have been worth more to us at tribunal.

Look at Jone Stones sold by Barnsley to Everton for £3m + 17.5% sell on clause. 3 years later Barnsley received £7.5m on the sell on when he moved to Man City for £50m

Surely if the offer was not to be increased, take the £2m from Leicester but insist on a 20% sell on clause and either way we win, he makes it big sell on money, he does we have £2m for a rubbish player.

We get more from a tribunal than from selling him. End of. I've said on many other GH threads that there is a reason why teams don't want to go a tribunal. The perfect example of this was Charlie Taylor's move to West Brom falling through due to them having to go through the tribunal system. 

We will get more than 20% sell on, plus appearance and goal bonuses (domestic and international) PLUS a fee as well. Whether he signs or not, the club will benefit, hence their hard ball I suspect.

And once again, he's not actually done ANYTHING other than score at youth level. There are 2 player who have scored more than GH at England U18 level. Adam Armstrong (20, 2 years older than GH) who is on loan at Bolton and has 1 goal in 16 apps. And Bradley Fewster, who did the same as GH is doing at Boro. They binned him off and he now plies his trade at Spennymoor Town, where he has 0 goals in 8 apps.

Youth level means **** all. Please will people stop making out that players are immense and first team ready just because they are doing well playing against other kids.

Edited by Minton
Spelled Bradley Fewster wrong.
  • Like 1