George Hirst Saga..

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, Greengrass said:

If my son came home and said his employers had offered him a "few"grand a week, I think I would say sign the ruddy contract. Get your foot on the ladder, make a name for yourself the big bucks will follow if that's what your after.

Sadly perhaps those days are gone. Money rules. 

11 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Over £1M guaranteed for a lad who seems motivated by money could lead to him suddenly not being that bothered?

You mean like other players given big contracts not looking that bothered like Nuihu, Wallace, Loovens, Hunt, Pudil to name a few on at least £1m contracts.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
13 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Over £1M guaranteed for a lad who seems motivated by money could lead to him suddenly not being that bothered?

Don't know. Is he not bothered?

If Hirst joined Dem PIGs, that would just about be the SHEET on top of the Xmas Cake for us this season.

The thought of a Wednesday legend's son, who was scoring for fun in our U23s (40 goals in one season) joining them and banging goals in for them (no doubt) for the next 3-4 seasons, would be simply too much.

Wilder, of course, would love it. And the scrubbers would lap it up.   PLEASE - NO!

:duntmatter:

3 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Hard to know where the fault lies. I understand they is a contract dispute but don't really understand why he is not allowed to play. 

Appalling decision to ban him from playing. Blackmail is supposed to be illegal.  

Edited by kingsidney

30 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You mean like other players given big contracts not looking that bothered like Nuihu, Wallace, Loovens, Hunt, Pudil to name a few on at least £1m contracts.

You must be joking. Whilst he may not be the best full back in the division (and nowhere the worst either despite what some say on here), one thing he can not be accused of is lack of effort. With Wallace regularly coming inside, Hunt provides the width in attacking situations by overlapping as well as undertaking full back duties.

4 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

It's not blackmail. He won't commit to the club so it is choosing to select a player who is committed to the club instead of him 

He was under the same contract last season as he is this - was he not committed to the club when he banged in over 30 goals for us last season then?

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

He was under the same contract last season as he is this - was he not committed to the club when he banged in over 30 goals for us last season then?

By lack of commitment, I'm talking about not wanting to commit to us by signing a new contract. That's his choice but if he has had his head turned and wants to play elsewhere, the club is entitled to select players who want to be here. 

One could certainly make a point that the club isn't helping itself in achieving a higher fee, but that is a separate debate. And the potential for  reduced fee may be offset by the development by his replacement (is that the Bulgarian lad who's scored a few goals?)

I'm not saying the club is right on this as I don't know enough about the situation but it has clearly taken the stance that it wants to develop players who want to be here

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Not if the chairman as been told hirsts representatives have stated George will move abroad and the club will receive nothing 

Then if it's not vindictive nastiness it's just stupidity to take pre-emptive action over something that his representatives can't possibly state as a fact unless there's already been a contract drawn up for him to sign.

At best it's a threat.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
8 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

You have a player that can shoot on target. ( Rather well too )   Who cannot get a kick

Currently, we cannot shoot on target ( that often )

WTF is wrong with the management team ?  What's going on in their warped friggin skulls ?

Doesn't look anywhere near ready for Championship football on what little I've seen. Anyway I'm not sure that pitching him in would be good for his career either. The club is a bit of a strikers graveyard these days.